Ryanair shocks me again

Ryanair shocks me again

Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:30 am
Just Joined

debbie30 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ryanair shocks me again

See next post for the full story

(SNIP)

Should we be informed of important changes such as this by only e-mail ????

Last edited by debbie30; Nov 30th 2011 at 11:29 am. Reason: Removed to allow post
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair shocks me again

I had to remove the link, as for new posters it moderates them automatically. In any case the link didnt work as you have to register

Please tell us of the problems on here, as I am sure we will be interested to hear of Ryanairs exploits with their customers
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:16 am
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbie30
This is what just happened to my friend and her family.

(SNIP)
OH MY GOD! Ryannair gave them all vasectomies????

I, for one, will not be setting foot (or any other part of my anatomy) on one of their crappy planes ever again.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:18 am
Just Joined

debbie30 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is what just happened to my friend and her family.

(SNIP)

I booked some flights around 3 months ago from Malaga to Liverpool on the 18th Nov and then returning on the 28th Nov as our friend got married on the 26th Nov.
During our stay in the Uk I checked the times of the flights home and thought they were alot earlier in the day as I once thought, never mind and on to arranging and enjoying seeing our friends and family.
So on the 28th we left the house at 5am with 3 very tired children .. We left in time to cope with the 50mph motorways with never any work men on but still speed limit reduced.
We arrived with plenty of time to spare, looked on the departure board and our flight was nowhere to be seen, checking the times on the boarding cards again I noticed an unfamiliar date "27th November" after triple checking today's date and telling myself over and over again I had not booked it for the 27th I went to see the "lady behind the desk", she confirmed I had booked the 28th but they had changed it to the previous day, apartantly I had emails telling me this but due to my email account being hacked and blocked 6weeks ago I didn't get no acknowledgment of this.
The "lady behind the desk" phoned H/O and spoke to a "Supervisor" who said because I already checked in and "agreed" to the details on the boarding cards, they can't do anything for us..
I had double checked all the names the passport numbers and details like that but as I had already triple checked the dates when booking I didn't check the date again, No warning came up when I logged in the check in, so I find it very unfair that no help was given.
So please please check your dates when checking in, I know I will in futureā€¦
We are still looking at ways to get home
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:21 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

If you look up "you get what you pay for" in the encyclopedia, you'll see the Ryanair logo.

I never fly RyanAir anymore, as they have caused me too much distress, and have cost me too much money. I use EasyJet often. More expensive advertised price, but usually reasonable, and with a lot less nonsense.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Debbie. That is awful that they should change the date. I know that they do sometimes change the times but the date for gawdĀ“s sake. I would put it in writing to them and ask for compensation under European legislation. Whether you would be covered I donĀ“t know but certainly worth a try. I just got 30 quid from Nationwide this morning after having a moan and I hadnĀ“t even asked for compensation.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 11:53 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

See next post for the full story

(SNIP)

As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Nov 30th 2011, 5:59 pm
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

I booked some flights around 3 months ago from Malaga to Liverpool on the 18th Nov and then returning on the 28th Nov as our friend got married on the 26th Nov.
During our stay in the Uk I checked the times of the flights home and thought they were alot earlier in the day as I once thought, never mind and on to arranging and enjoying seeing our friends and family.
So on the 28th we left the house at 5am with 3 very tired children .. We left in time to cope with the 50mph motorways with never any work men on but still speed limit reduced.
We arrived with plenty of time to spare, looked on the departure board and our flight was nowhere to be seen, checking the times on the boarding cards again I noticed an unfamiliar date "27th November" after triple checking today's date and telling myself over and over again I had not booked it for the 27th I went to see the "lady behind the desk", she confirmed I had booked the 28th but they had changed it to the previous day, apartantly I had emails telling me this but due to my email account being hacked and blocked 6weeks ago I didn't get no acknowledgment of this.
The "lady behind the desk" phoned H/O and spoke to a "Supervisor" who said because I already checked in and "agreed" to the details on the boarding cards, they can't do anything for us..
I had double checked all the names the passport numbers and details like that but as I had already triple checked the dates when booking I didn't check the date again, No warning came up when I logged in the check in, so I find it very unfair that no help was given.
So please please check your dates when checking in, I know I will in futureā€¦
We are still looking at ways to get home
There are not enough swear words in the English language to describe Ryanairs lack of customer service or 'care'! - Gawd what if you had an important business trip or medical appointment !! They just do not take into account we are human.

I'm still waiting for my refund from last year's cancelled flight due to snow!

They should also double up on SMS text messages - but they'd probably charge you for that too!
Old Nov 30th 2011, 6:02 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
OH MY GOD! Ryannair gave them all vasectomies????

I, for one, will not be setting foot (or any other part of my anatomy) on one of their crappy planes ever again.

Thanks for the heads up.
or 'heads off'
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Such a strange way of doing business.
Their whole modus operandi is like a game of cat and mouse.
Letting the mouse believe it's finally worked out the latest path to the cheese then slamming the door shut and making another killing.
Just how many times can they get away with moving the goalposts at the last minute ?
Maybe it's within the law as it stands, but surely it's sharp practice in the extreme.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 7:56 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Such a strange way of doing business.
Their whole modus operandi is like a game of cat and mouse.
Letting the mouse believe it's finally worked out the latest path to the cheese then slamming the door shut and making another killing.
Just how many times can they get away with moving the goalposts at the last minute ?
Maybe it's within the law as it stands, but surely it's sharp practice in the extreme.
I seriously doubt this is legal in the UK, but in Spain, I think there is little you can do about it. The law is very lax about fraud here. I'm sure RyanAir has done their homework and knows they can get away with it - at least on the Spanish side of the flight.

RyanAir often refuses boarding to UK citizens here in Mallorca, for reasons they claim are "the law", yet the police at the airport steadfastly say that RyanAir's version of "the law" is completely false. The airport police here despise RyanAir because they cause too many unnecessary problems with passengers, and the police end up having to hear all the complaints, which they really can't do anything about, since it's civil, not a criminal offence to defraud the passengers, and the only recourse for the passenger is to file a denuncia, which almost nobody bothers to do.

No wonder more and more Spanish airports are not renewing RyanAir contracts.

Last edited by amideislas; Nov 30th 2011 at 8:04 pm.
Old Nov 30th 2011, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

mark donna is an unknown quantity at this point

even though i have no preferance for ryanair i always feel that if you play by there rules you are ok, without sounding daft why did you not just look at your boarding pass which has the time and date on it also you can only print out your boarding pass 14 days in advance so when you were printing them out did you not notice then that it was wrong, the plane the day before had your seats empty which as far as i can see wasnt there fault
Old Nov 30th 2011, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mark donna
even though i have no preferance for ryanair i always feel that if you play by there rules you are ok, without sounding daft why did you not just look at your boarding pass which has the time and date on it also you can only print out your boarding pass 14 days in advance so when you were printing them out did you not notice then that it was wrong, the plane the day before had your seats empty which as far as i can see wasnt there fault
You can print out your boarding cards between 15 days and 4 hours before departure. Technically this means yes, the OP could/should have checked. If the flights were booked 3 months ahead, and cards printed some time in the period before departure from the UK, ie 18/11, there's a good chance they would have double checked that flight but been less careful about the return flight. Who, after all, would anticipate their already booked and paid for flight being changed by some 24 hours? I do occasionally travel RYR but by choice have always opted Stelios. That remains my preference.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

apartantly I had emails telling me this but due to my email account being hacked and blocked 6weeks ago I didn't get no acknowledgment of this.
Hardly the fault of Ryanair though is it?

If you book flights/holidays or buy anything on the internet all communication is done by email so it is your responsibility to amend your account details wih your new email address.

As someone else says you didn't check the details on your boarding cards when you printed them and you also see a full screen preview of them before printing so you can check the details are correct.

It is not unusual for flights to be cancelled/re-timetabled particularly in low season.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 9:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SpanishAngel
Hardly the fault of Ryanair though is it?

If you book flights/holidays or buy anything on the internet all communication is done by email so it is your responsibility to amend your account details wih your new email address.

As someone else says you didn't check the details on your boarding cards when you printed them and you also see a full screen preview of them before printing so you can check the details are correct.

It is not unusual for flights to be cancelled/re-timetabled particularly in low season.
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.