Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair shocks me again

Ryanair shocks me again

Old Dec 3rd 2011, 8:15 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Ryanair shocks me again

Originally Posted by The Beast
I fly with various airlines to and from the UK and Italy frequently.....

The only inconvenience when flying ‘Scumbag’ airways is the rabble who sometimes fill the plane....Moronic plebes whose safety belts are hanging loose the second the aircraft touches the ground, whose sweaty fumbling to retrieve hand luggage before the wheels have stopped turning inevitably lead to dozens of mindless dolts squashed together clutching bulging bags, leaning all over the rest of the mindless numpties who are also struggling to join the melee to see who can be the first to stand in the aisle for 10 minutes before the doors are opened then rush to the concourse only to find themselves in another queue......If you tune out with a book or music and be the last on and the last off, it can seem like any other airline....
And I thought I was the only one.
The trouble with low-cost airlines is that they have introduced the freedom and affordability of travel to people who really are much happier driving their tractor down to the local pub for a night out.
I do Ireland to London three or four times a month on Ryanair. It's as easy and reliable as calling a taxi.
And invariably there are people travelling on the flight who are clearly not sophisticated.
Last week I took a Ryanair flight and three of the people on board were wearing wellingtons.Which still had the muck on from the farmyard they'd come from.
At 7am they were consuming a massive fried breakfast to " set themselves up for the journey " on a flight that lasts 50 minutes.
Their entire extended family was at the airport to wave them off, with hugs and kisses and tears - they were going away for two days.
And they were the first people to break into a round of applause when the plane touched down at Gatwick - when people clap a pilot for doing his job I know I'm flying Scumbag Airways.
Old Dec 3rd 2011, 10:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

frigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud offrigilianafreddy has much to be proud of

Ooh, I caught a flight the other day when there were silly little poncy fairies bleeting about daddy's polo ponies.

Give it a rest snobby g*ts.

Love to see the white trash at Harvey Nix. XXX
Old Dec 4th 2011, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gill556
so going back to the orginal post I take it that most of you expect to spend part of your holiday finding an internet service so that you can monitor your departure flight? which of course will have to be paid for. I have been on approx 40 foreign holidays from the UK and never had to check my return flight home, why would it be any different for just flights.
At one time you always had to check your return flight whether it was a package deal or flight only, but it was back in the days when you also had to fill out a landing card!
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

teuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond reputeteuchterpete has a reputation beyond repute

Last year I had a problem with Ryanair changing my flights. I was travelling from E Mids to Malaga. They changed it from "Saturday to Saturday" to "Monday to Monday" they notified me by e mail and I had to call them on the premium number as I still wanted to travel but the monday was no good as I was back at work on that day. I haggled and finally got them to give me the proceeding Friday which was more expensive, but at no extra cost, fine. Now came the hard bit. I had also booked a hire car with hertz, through the ryanair web site. When I wanted to change the booking they tried to charge me £200 pounds more for 3 days less. Apparently it was treated as a new booking and as it was very near the date of travel the cost had gone up. It took many calls to Hertz to settle the matter. Finally I had to call the Malaga office who were very obliging and sorted the matter for me. They said that they were P***ed off with Ryanair changing flights and messing up their bookings. So it is not only the traveller who suffers from Ryanair flight rescheduling.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:08 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Not true. I have had BA phone me 4 hours before a flight to tell me it was cancelled for "technical reasons". You're talking rubbish. They change scheduled times all the time.

You cannot make changes FOR ANY COST on a basic BA economy flight. Check it out before posting an opinion rather than a fact. YOU CANNOT CHANGE EITHER FLIGHT DATES OR NAMES ON BA CHEAPEST FLIGHTS. The same is true of Virgin. Take a look at their terms and conditions and then return and apologise. Of course you can change anything on business class, or premium tickets, but then you're in another ball game. Why people believe this nonsense is beyond me.

BA sucks - and that's why the airline and its spoiled little over paid trolley dollies will soon be seeking jobseekers allowance.

Soon you won't have a choice. Either Uncle Mick or Ezy. Traditional carriers have deservedly been losing market share for the last 20 years. Oh, or you could take the ferry....
You can also change things on slightly more expensive economy tickets. Its only the very cheapest tickets which can't be changed, and this applies to most of the large airlines flying today. Its not something you can make a blanket statement about though as there are so many classes of ticket even within economy. The only way to be sure of what can or can't be changed on a particular fare is to read the small print on that ticket.
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:14 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
You can also change things on slightly more expensive economy tickets. Its only the very cheapest tickets which can't be changed, and this applies to most of the large airlines flying today. Its not something you can make a blanket statement about though as there are so many classes of ticket even within economy. The only way to be sure of what can or can't be changed on a particular fare is to read the small print on that ticket.
I thought you went everywhere on your broomstick
How are you keeping, good I hope, got yer lappy yet ?
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:17 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jdr
I thought you went everywhere on your broomstick
How are you keeping, good I hope, got yer lappy yet ?
Broomsticks are wonderful but I did a BA Fares & Ticketing course once to learn about how the rest of the population gets about
Lappys are old hat, rumour has it we could get iPads this year
Old Dec 4th 2011, 1:26 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Broomsticks are wonderful but I did a BA Fares & Ticketing course once to learn about how the rest of the population gets about
Lappys are old hat, rumour has it we could get iPads this year
Old Dec 4th 2011, 2:43 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frigilianafreddy
Not true. I have had BA phone me 4 hours before a flight to tell me it was cancelled for "technical reasons". You're talking rubbish. They change scheduled times all the time.

You cannot make changes FOR ANY COST on a basic BA economy flight. Check it out before posting an opinion rather than a fact. YOU CANNOT CHANGE EITHER FLIGHT DATES OR NAMES ON BA CHEAPEST FLIGHTS. The same is true of Virgin. Take a look at their terms and conditions and then return and apologise. Of course you can change anything on business class, or premium tickets, but then you're in another ball game. Why people believe this nonsense is beyond me.

BA sucks - and that's why the airline and its spoiled little over paid trolley dollies will soon be seeking jobseekers allowance.

Soon you won't have a choice. Either Uncle Mick or Ezy. Traditional carriers have deservedly been losing market share for the last 20 years. Oh, or you could take the ferry....
Whats up with you Got an axe to grind or just eaten a sour grape! Below is from BA for cheapest economy flight.

About your flights
Flight Fare conditions Additional features
Gatwick (London)
to Malaga Changes
Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £ 60 or an upgrade fee of £ 60 plus any difference in fare. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket
If you want to cancel your flight
There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes

Taken from a booking made for this month! You are the one spouting nonsense and should be giving an apology for extreme rudeness!!

Last edited by jackytoo; Dec 4th 2011 at 2:45 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2011, 10:57 am
Forum Regular

irlanda is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Ryanair shocks me again

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Whats up with you Got an axe to grind or just eaten a sour grape! Below is from BA for cheapest economy flight.

About your flights
Flight Fare conditions Additional features
Gatwick (London)
to Malaga Changes
Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £ 60 or an upgrade fee of £ 60 plus any difference in fare. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket
If you want to cancel your flight
There are no refunds except for any government & airport taxes

Taken from a booking made for this month! You are the one spouting nonsense and should be giving an apology for extreme rudeness!!
ryan air shocks me again

I have just spent a very enjoyable 30 minutes reading this topic from page 1 to today ,and found the various contributions very entertaining and some outrageous.
I have travelled all the airlines over the years both European and Worldwide.
I have used Ryanair many many times ,[with my family and in recent years with my BH ] ------ mainly to Spain and had no problems at all.[ if you follow the rules] ----I find all airlines to be similar ie a means of getting from A TO B.Flying is so common for everyone nowadays; it is almost akin to jumping on a bus. I would be closer to the views of JLFS and 6monthshere etc as
I believe the glass is half full.
Like others I am never ceased to be amazed when people jump up when the plane lands , I usually wait back and still seem to be amongst the first to exit the airport?I feel sorry for the family that confused their return date , however find it incomprehensible that one would print off a boarding pass------- without first checking all details. I am sure we have not heard the last of this topic merry Christmas to all.