Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair shocks me again

Ryanair shocks me again

Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Sotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really nice
Default Re: Ryanair shocks me again

Originally Posted by 6monthshere6monthsthere
Its easy to Knock Ryanair as they are lowcost so you are never going to be whisked away in luxury - but the they are still damn cheap - I have used Ryanair getting on for 100 times and think only 1 flight has ever been late - a lot of the reason for this is the NO FRILLS approach, no assing about picking up stupid token meals during turn arounds etc
I dont envy you for having flown nearly 100 times with Ryanair.I bet you've had to rush to get a decent seat with 'em more than once.I have flown with them once and would'nt repeat, I dont like shit service when I pay for something.
I agree that it was her duty to check flight details carefully prior to departure.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:46 am
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sotarroni
I dont envy you for having flown nearly 100 times with Ryanair.I bet you've had to rush to get a decent seat with 'em more than once.I have flown with them once and would'nt repeat, I dont like shit service when I pay for something.
I agree that it was her duty to check flight details carefully prior to departure.
I go often with Ryanair, it is cheap efficient and goes to where I need to go.

That is the way I look at it, if I dont get the best seat in the house, no big deal, if there is a bit of shifting to get a big in the overhead locker, no probs.

I see it as a mode of transport no more , no less, and for the price it is good value, and for the short time in the air and easily bearable.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 9:55 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JLFS

That is the way I look at it, if I dont get the best seat in the house, no big deal, if there is a bit of shifting to get a big in the overhead locker, no probs.

I see it as a mode of transport no more , no less, and for the price it is good value, and for the short time in the air and easily bearable.
my feelings exactly.
feel the same way about catching a train from Stansted - quicker and cheaper than parking up in a Pink Elephant.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Sotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really niceSotarroni is just really nice

Originally Posted by JLFS

I'm glad that people like yourself will put up with shoddy,low-rate service.I dont ! Whats more,family are coming to stay with us soon and surprise surprise,their flights have worked out cheaper with another airline. So maybe Mr Tony Ryan has got too big for his boots after all.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

reggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud ofreggiedh has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Surely anyone who doesn't have access to email or is unable to use the internet would not be able to book a Ryanair flight in the first place? Or print their own boarding card out as you are required to do by Ryanair?

People do sometimes fail to notice really obvious things. My OH used to be at the airport every day as part of his job and once encountered a family who were very upset. They thought they had booked a holiday to Florida in August - but had failed to notice that the tickets they had been sent were for a date in July.
The 5 of us once turned up for a flight a day early!! Most embarassing!!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:17 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Good. You'll fit right in then
Oi stop stirring it you.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:33 pm
Banned

Cuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to beholdCuthbert Rizla is a splendid one to behold

I'm glad that people like yourself will put up with shoddy,low-rate service.I dont ! Whats more,family are coming to stay with us soon and surprise surprise,their flights have worked out cheaper with another airline. So maybe Mr Tony Ryan has got too big for his boots after all.
I doubt it.
Not by now.
Tony Ryan died four years ago.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:57 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
my feelings exactly.
feel the same way about catching a train from Stansted - quicker and cheaper than parking up in a Pink Elephant.
Cheaper than £40 for 4 people in a car for two weeks???? Nah!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 1:17 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

What is a "Decent seat" They are all with a couple of exceptions the same
I do not rush, I get on the plane find a seat and read a book - the seat I get bothers me not 1 jot -

EVERYONE races to check in, then to the bus, then to the plane, then off the plane, then onto the bus

Then EVERYONE waits outside the airport for 10 mintues to get on the same coach into the city

Turn up at airport with handluggage only - get on plane - get off plane - arrive at same time as everyone else

If its cheaper elsewhere then I would go elsewhere - I do not need a crappy half assed meal from BA when I usually fly into Italy - I can wait!
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:12 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sotarroni;9766219[COLOR="Red"
]I'm glad that people like yourself will put up with shoddy,low-rate service.I dont [/COLOR]! Whats more,family are coming to stay with us soon and surprise surprise,their flights have worked out cheaper with another airline. So maybe Mr Tony Ryan has got too big for his boots after all.
I have never had "shoddy service" on ryan air, and if I feel agrived with whatever service I put it right there and then with a word to the person involved. So now that is cleared up, what would shoddy service involve on a flight?

I get on, choose a seat, flight takes off, am given optoin of taking ryan magazine, if I want one, they give me one, if I dont the trolly dolly moves on.

They ask it I want to eat or drink, if yes,I am served a drink,if not TD moves on.

Later given the choice of buying duty frees, if I dont there are no insults thrown my way, the TD dont suffer from offensive BO or bad breath.

Plane lands, get off, wished by a safe journey and thank you from the cabin crew...........What more is there?

Getting on a plane is now so common place, it stopped being an important event years ago, it is now seen for what it is, transport.

I dont expect it to be an mind blowing experience, the quicker the better,

I dont know what kind of pampering people expect on a flight nowadays.....it all seems a bit "prepotente" to me.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 2:55 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Cheaper than £40 for 4 people in a car for two weeks???? Nah!
for the past 2 years have been travelling as a singleton
£22 return (special offer online) or £18 single and use of the bus pass
to\from uk station means I don't have to pay for petrol or parking or taxi.
get a train to Malaga bus station and bus from Malaga to Granada
and same on the way back.

its sit back and listen to the MP3 all the way, the only stress is will
I miss a connection,

its probably better than break even for 2 but after that then as you say
it gets cheaper per person.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:31 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with JLFS none of them give a great experience. Never flown Ryanair as they don't do Heathrow or Gatwick to málaga but have used Easyjet. Often though BA can be cheaper, especially if you have hold baggage. Plus there are free drinks and a sandwich or croissant and choose your seat online.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I agree with JLFS none of them give a great experience. Never flown Ryanair as they don't do Heathrow or Gatwick to málaga but have used Easyjet. Often though BA can be cheaper, especially if you have hold baggage. Plus there are free drinks and a sandwich or croissant and choose your seat online.
BA especially useful if you want to send your baggage on a different holiday
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:51 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I think the best value in Europe is Air Berlin. Not the cheapest (but pretty reasonable), their online booking system is very simple, clear, and easy (and without trying sell you something extra on every page) they have assigned seats (which you can reserve online without extra charge), baggage and in-flight soft drinks and coffee are included. If your are a member of their FF program, you get priority boarding (no extra charge), they SMS your mobile if there is any problem with the flight (and email too), and on top of all of that, they are actually nice.
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

The Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond reputeThe Beast has a reputation beyond repute

I fly with various airlines to and from the UK and Italy frequently.....

The only inconvenience when flying ‘Scumbag’ airways is the rabble who sometimes fill the plane....Moronic plebes whose safety belts are hanging loose the second the aircraft touches the ground, whose sweaty fumbling to retrieve hand luggage before the wheels have stopped turning inevitably lead to dozens of mindless dolts squashed together clutching bulging bags, leaning all over the rest of the mindless numpties who are also struggling to join the melee to see who can be the first to stand in the aisle for 10 minutes before the doors are opened then rush to the concourse only to find themselves in another queue......If you tune out with a book or music and be the last on and the last off, it can seem like any other airline....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.