Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ryanair shocks me again

Ryanair shocks me again

Old Dec 1st 2011, 3:16 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ryanair shocks me again

Originally Posted by SpanishAngel
Hardly the fault of Ryanair though is it?

If you book flights/holidays or buy anything on the internet all communication is done by email so it is your responsibility to amend your account details wih your new email address.

As someone else says you didn't check the details on your boarding cards when you printed them and you also see a full screen preview of them before printing so you can check the details are correct.

It is not unusual for flights to be cancelled/re-timetabled particularly in low season.
If you really are an angel, you should of been looking over her and helped her.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Hardly the fault of Ryanair though is it?

If you book flights/holidays or buy anything on the internet all communication is done by email so it is your responsibility to amend your account details wih your new email address.

As someone else says you didn't check the details on your boarding cards when you printed them and you also see a full screen preview of them before printing so you can check the details are correct.

It is not unusual for flights to be cancelled/re-timetabled particularly in low season.
Uhhhhhhhh yes! The flight was booked and paid for for a certain date. That was the date that was required no other date. It should not have been changed and it is not the persons fault that they did not see it. Why would you look to see if the date had changed. Plus not everyone has access to email or is internet literate. If you OH had to book a flight we would be up the creek without a paddle. He can´t even turn the computer on.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:33 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
Uhhhhhhhh yes! The flight was booked and paid for for a certain date. That was the date that was required no other date. It should not have been changed and it is not the persons fault that they did not see it. Why would you look to see if the date had changed. Plus not everyone has access to email or is internet literate. If you OH had to book a flight we would be up the creek without a paddle. He can´t even turn the computer on.
Surely, if you're internet illiterate or and/or don't have email, then you shouldn't be buying ANYTHING online!
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Surely anyone who doesn't have access to email or is unable to use the internet would not be able to book a Ryanair flight in the first place? Or print their own boarding card out as you are required to do by Ryanair?

People do sometimes fail to notice really obvious things. My OH used to be at the airport every day as part of his job and once encountered a family who were very upset. They thought they had booked a holiday to Florida in August - but had failed to notice that the tickets they had been sent were for a date in July.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Surely, if you're internet illiterate or and/or don't have email, then you shouldn't be buying ANYTHING online!
Why is it against the law then! My point is that you shouldn´t have to check your boarding card once you have booked and checked the details of your flight. It is not the person who is at fault but the airline for cancelling their flight and it is cancelling it and re-booking on another date.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

It wasn't Ryanair's fault that the OP's email account had been hacked. If the OP had amended her contact details with Ryanair then she would have received the email notification the flight had been changed and not turned up on the wrong day.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 7:35 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn't Ryanair's fault that the OP's email account had been hacked. If the OP had amended her contact details with Ryanair then she would have received the email notification the flight had been changed and not turned up on the wrong day.
Did you join BE purely because you saw an opportunity to be an annoying arse?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

SpanishAngel will become famous soon enoughSpanishAngel will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the welcome. Perhaps I missed something in the T&Cs but is it against the rules to state my opinion based on the facts presented?
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:08 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the welcome. Perhaps I missed something in the T&Cs but is it against the rules to state my opinion based on the facts presented?
There are quite a number of regular jokers and piss takers on this website.

If you stick around you'll get to know them, maybe even like them and perhaps take the piss back. It isn't just about Spain. Every thread is open to everybody to read from any country.

The humour is one of the big things that a lot of us miss when we're in other countries. Happy to be there with all that it entails but there's something about the British humour that doesn't translate very well - not even in other English speaking countries like USA, Australia and Canada.

Take it with a pinch of salt.... and reply as you see fit.
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

I was being ironic
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:33 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I was being ironic
Good. You'll fit right in then
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:35 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Uhhhhhhhh yes! The flight was booked and paid for for a certain date. That was the date that was required no other date. It should not have been changed and it is not the persons fault that they did not see it. Why would you look to see if the date had changed. Plus not everyone has access to email or is internet literate.
Guarantee there will be something in the small print somewhere, that is where all of the "fiddles" are documented.

Graham
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Good. You'll fit right in then
It took me flipping ages to be nice and write a nice post ................

and all the while you knew and were just being ironic

The next new poster might not be so lucky
Old Dec 1st 2011, 8:39 pm
Banned

6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute6monthshere6monthsthere has a reputation beyond repute

Agree

If YOUR email address is hacked 6 WEEKS before this became an issue, what did you suppose might happen if RYANAIR tried to contact you?

Passenger also noticed the flights were a bit earlier - having had a hacked email account you would have thought you might have followed this up with a double check.

Sorry - Customer is at fault here - Ryanair communicate via email, if your email stopped working you should have got in touch - PLUS you can still access your online info even if your email is no longer valid

Its easy to Knock Ryanair as they are lowcost so you are never going to be whisked away in luxury - but the they are still damn cheap - I have used Ryanair getting on for 100 times and think only 1 flight has ever been late - a lot of the reason for this is the NO FRILLS approach, no assing about picking up stupid token meals during turn arounds etc
Old Dec 2nd 2011, 12:41 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

believe me - there are many times I wish I hadnt ever learnt, was totally ignorant of these things, too late now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.