Ryanair 2007

Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all
Default Re: Ryanair 2007

jdr, The regulations on liquids changed on Monday. You can now carry liquids in your hand luggage but there are still some limits.

each bottle can be no more than 100ml in size and all the bottles should be kept together in one small plastic bag and placed inside your hand luggage which you have to bring to the attention of the staff at security.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
jdr, The regulations on liquids changed on Monday. You can now carry liquids in your hand luggage but there are still some limits.

each bottle can be no more than 100ml in size and all the bottles should be kept together in one small plastic bag and placed inside your hand luggage which you have to bring to the attention of the staff at security.
Cheers, the father in law will be pleased with the good news
Old Nov 9th 2006, 9:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

From a leaflet handed out to me at Seville airport last monday.
New security rules for items carried in your hand luggage.

You can only bring on liquids and gels in containers of no more than 100 millilitres.
These containers must be carried in a transparent plastic bag.
There is a limit of one transparent plastic bag per person.
The volume of the transparent plastic bag may not be greater than 1 litre.
The transparent plastic bag must be re-sealable.
You may bring a suitable plastic bag from home.
During the introductory period, free transparent plastic bags will also be given out at the airports.

BW
Old Nov 10th 2006, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by big wheels
From a leaflet handed out to me at Seville airport last monday.
New security rules for items carried in your hand luggage.

You can only bring on liquids and gels in containers of no more than 100 millilitres.
These containers must be carried in a transparent plastic bag.
There is a limit of one transparent plastic bag per person.
The volume of the transparent plastic bag may not be greater than 1 litre.
The transparent plastic bag must be re-sealable.
You may bring a suitable plastic bag from home.
During the introductory period, free transparent plastic bags will also be given out at the airports.

BW
Now you tell me! Ive just scoured my home town trying to find a 'zip lock clear plastic bag measuring 20cm x 20cm' there is no such animal, the nearest I can find in a zip lock bag is 20cm x 25cm. As for volume - who sells plastic bags stating the volume? It is always by size!!!!

If anyone out there knows where you can buy these specified bags, please let me know.

Spose I will have to fill my baggie with water and see how much it holds.....

Or hope they have'nt run out at the airport. Why could they not say they are providing them? And for how long.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 2:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

On the TV report I saw they actually said a small resealable freezer bag and they held up a zip lock bag so I'd just use one of those that you've seen.
I'm sure it will be fine 5cms is neither here nor there.
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:05 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dazzle
On the TV report I saw they actually said a small resealable freezer bag and they held up a zip lock bag so I'd just use one of those that you've seen.
I'm sure it will be fine 5cms is neither here nor there.
Dazzle you have it wrong.......5 cms is 2 inches and can make a difference
Old Nov 10th 2006, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by poollounger
Dazzle you have it wrong.......5 cms is 2 inches and can make a difference
There is a reply to that but maybe not on here!!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 8:01 am
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

The changed bag allowance, it seems to me it is who is on the desk at the time .
My stepson and his friends came to stay for 5 days, they traveled out on the 4 th of November (allowance from standstead 15 kilos) when traveling back low and behold, the guy on the desk said it was OK that there cases were over buy 4 Kilos they were 19 Kilos, as they had booked before the November change. That was at Jerez.
The week before my farther in law and my brother in law came from the 27th October until the 2nd of November and they had 20 Kilos coming out but 15 coming back, we got to the check in and they were a Kilo over 16 kilos we had to move stuff from the loaded luggage to the hand luggage, This was from Seville airport and they had also booked at the same time,
Ironic or what !!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:27 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by gallerie9
The changed bag allowance, it seems to me it is who is on the desk at the time .
My stepson and his friends came to stay for 5 days, they traveled out on the 4 th of November (allowance from standstead 15 kilos) when traveling back low and behold, the guy on the desk said it was OK that there cases were over buy 4 Kilos they were 19 Kilos, as they had booked before the November change. That was at Jerez.
The week before my farther in law and my brother in law came from the 27th October until the 2nd of November and they had 20 Kilos coming out but 15 coming back, we got to the check in and they were a Kilo over 16 kilos we had to move stuff from the loaded luggage to the hand luggage, This was from Seville airport and they had also booked at the same time,
Ironic or what !!!!!!!!!
New rules cannot be applied to bookings made before the change is announced. The actual date of travel makes no difference. It can only be applied to date of booking the flight. This should have been pointed out at check in.

No company can change the baggage allowance of a flight already booked and paid for, there would be a terrifi backlash!

Ryanair do give warning then they change their rules, they need to they change them so often.......
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:27 am
Cliveandkaren

cliveandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Ryanair 2007

While the reduced baggage allowance was a real bind. To be fair to Ryanair the change was well notified. Before we travelled on 1st Nov we received a number of emails in the preceeding days, telling us about the change. Below is a part of one of the email. It was also mentioned on our booking confirmation back in July when we booked.

"General Information on Ryanair’s Checked Baggage Allowances

A checked baggage allowance of 20kg per passenger applies to each customer who has paid a checked bag fee. Any passenger checking in baggage exceeding their checked baggage allowance of 20kg per person (reducing to 15kg from the 1st November 2006) will be charged an excess baggage fee of £5.50/€8 per kilo (or local currency equivalent).Passengers may not use the unused checked baggage allowance of other passengers. No pooling/sharing of the checked baggage allowance is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same Confirmation Number."

Also the following came through a number of times:

"Revised Hand Baggage Restrictions –Ryanair Flights departing from the UK

From the 22nd September 2006, the UK Department for Transport has restored to normal the hand baggage size restrictions. Each passenger is permitted to carry ONE item of hand baggage up to 10kg with maximum dimensions of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm. These dimensions include the wheels, handles, side pockets, etc.

However, please note that some restrictions on the carriage of liquids in hand baggage remains.

Customers may NOT carry the following items through security in their cabin bag.

Liquid cosmetics, all toiletries, all liquids, all drinks, cigarette lighters, gels, pastes, lotions, (e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.)

Cabin baggage CAN contain the following:

Solid cosmetics – eye shadow, face powder
Electronic equipment, including laptops, phones, portable music and DVD players.
Prescribed medicines in liquid or tablet form e.g. diabetic medicines
Baby milk and liquid baby food (the contents of each bottle MUST be tasted by the parent)
All electronic equipment will need to be removed from the item of hand baggage and screened separately.
Pushchairs and walking aids will be permitted but must be x-ray screened and searched."

We also received both again prior to returning to the UK.

However, a lot of people were caught out on the return flight - I suppose most do not have internet access when in Spain.

Anyway I hope this helps high light the situation
Old Nov 11th 2006, 10:55 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cliveandkaren
However, please note that some restrictions on the carriage of liquids in hand baggage remains.

Customers may NOT carry the following items through security in their cabin bag.

Liquid cosmetics, all toiletries, all liquids, all drinks, cigarette lighters, gels, pastes, lotions, (e.g. toothpaste, hair gel, drinks, deodorant, shaving foam, aerosols, etc.)
These rules of course, changed on the 6th November to allow what has been written before, ie a small clear plastic bag, no more than 20 x 20cm, (don't know if the measure them, but you could always cut down a bigger one and seal it with clear tape) containing liquid cosmetics etc, the old rules about baby food apply, and I think they still ask people to taste drinks in front of them, so ensure they are all screw cap ones.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 5:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

[QUOTE=susique]New rules cannot be applied to bookings made before the change is announced. The actual date of travel makes no difference. It can only be applied to date of booking the flight. This should have been pointed out at check in.

Hi Gallerie9 and susique

Please see my reply (number 73) I think - because they did indeed change the luggage allowances and it really did not matter what you said at the check in desk - we were caught with one allowance on the way out and a change on the way back. Checking my emails they told me the day before we came back - but by then we were in Spain. I have complained but they have not bothered to respond.
Old Nov 11th 2006, 6:05 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

[QUOTE=CAROL ELIZABETH]
Originally Posted by susique
New rules cannot be applied to bookings made before the change is announced. The actual date of travel makes no difference. It can only be applied to date of booking the flight. This should have been pointed out at check in.

Hi Gallerie9 and susique

Please see my reply (number 73) I think - because they did indeed change the luggage allowances and it really did not matter what you said at the check in desk - we were caught with one allowance on the way out and a change on the way back. Checking my emails they told me the day before we came back - but by then we were in Spain. I have complained but they have not bothered to respond.
We knew it had changed and we told everyone my farther in law and brother in law complied and we changed the baggage the y came out with 20 and went back with 15, what really got us was a week later the stepson was traveling from Jerez not Seville and the man on the check in said it didnt matter, after we had been warning them for days about the luggage allowance what made it worse is that he traveled out with 15 and back with 19 ...... It made us look stupid as we had been telling them for the duration .....
Old Nov 11th 2006, 7:32 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=gallerie9]
Originally Posted by CAROL ELIZABETH

We knew it had changed and we told everyone my farther in law and brother in law complied and we changed the baggage the y came out with 20 and went back with 15, what really got us was a week later the stepson was traveling from Jerez not Seville and the man on the check in said it didnt matter, after we had been warning them for days about the luggage allowance what made it worse is that he traveled out with 15 and back with 19 ...... It made us look stupid as we had been telling them for the duration .....
I think as a general rule of thumb, the smaller the airport the more relaxed they are about rules and regs. I always try to use Jerez rather than Seville if I can, but sometimes the difference in price can be too tempting!
Old Nov 12th 2006, 1:37 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

How do Ryanair make their profit when they can charge as little as 5 or 10 euros per seat? Do they knowingly sell the seats at a loss in the hope that they will make up for it in cargo?

This one has baffled me for a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.