Ryanair 2007

Old Oct 25th 2006, 2:44 pm
Forum Regular

NicCol is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Ryanair 2007

Originally Posted by big wheels
The am flights will not go on sale until they start having two flights a day again in the spring of next year.
Read the post above yours again by Mourinho and all will become clear.

BW
OK perhaps I am being a bit slow, but when you go and book next summers flights, the afternoon ones are the only ones on sale. Am I missing the point?
Old Oct 25th 2006, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by big wheels
Can't see that happening somehow. (well I hope not) Talk about cutting off your nose to spite your face.

BW.
you would be surprised - they do what suits them and do not care about their customers - the believe they can get away with it because despite treating us like crap they have some of the best prices into the places we want to go and in many cases people have little or no choice but to shut up and put up.

for example here in Cornwall Ryanair used to operate an AM and PM flight Newquay - Stansted (2 a day) - great flights.....then the local council decided to impose a tourist tax per seat of £5 each way - the passengers who were questioned if this was acceptable answered positively that it would not affect their use of the route - by the way it was nearly always full - Ryanair used this tax as a reason to reduce the service to one PM flight a day. The reason - they are profit driven, margins are tight and they will sacrifice a route if they feel they can make better money elsewhere.

Let's face it they are not a nice company to do business with but that's what you get when you go for 'cheap' which I believe they are. I have used them plenty of times and always expect to be 'shafted' one way or another - always feel like 'wow, got away with that one' when we return home without being delayed, cancelled or stung for cash somewhere along the way!

Oh well, fingers crossed for Stansted - Seville next Easter!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ryanair 2007

Hi matt begley,

We have also used them plenty of times though Stansted is not the most convenient airport for us but they are as you say "cheap" in every sense of the word. Your reaction "wow" is just right, so far we have been lucky but last time Oct 1st we were caught out by the luggage changes and it cost us extra cash to late book hold bags and an overnight stay at Stansted to be up early enough for long delays at security. However I don't feel we can blame O'Leary for that one.

Had a look at clickair.com last night and they match Ryanair prices £80 return for two in Feb all in. They fly at 11.00am out of Heathrow which would be more convenient for us so we may give them a try some time soon.

Would anyone who has tried clickair give us a report on the experience please.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by matt begley
I have used them plenty of times and always expect to be 'shafted' one way or another - always feel like 'wow, got away with that one' when we return home without being delayed, cancelled or stung for cash somewhere along the way!

Oh well, fingers crossed for Stansted - Seville next Easter!
Old Oct 25th 2006, 5:19 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Would anyone who has tried clickair give us a report on the experience please.

Regards,

John.
Hi John

I did post earlier on this thread about our experience with click air when we flew Seville Barcelona.

Overall it was good for what you would expect from a budget airline. It was very cheap and in our case delay free. The worst part is that they don't allocate seats in any way shape or form. So you all go en masse to the boarding lounge and about 10-15 minutes before they announce that they are ready to board, someone will get up from their seat and approach the counter to be first in line and then suddenly 150 other people do the same and literally RUN to not be too far back in the queue. Quite funny to watch.

The plane was only about three quarters full so no need for everyone to rush after all!

We didn't check any luggage into the hold so cant comment on that.

The plane could have only been a few weeks or months old - I don't know if that was just ours or if it is the whole fleet. One of my favourite smells is that of a new car, and it smelt just like that so I was happy!

Noticably tighter on the leg room though so you might not like it if you are fairly large.

Keith
Old Oct 25th 2006, 8:07 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Hi John

I did post earlier on this thread about our experience with click air when we flew Seville Barcelona.

Overall it was good for what you would expect from a budget airline. It was very cheap and in our case delay free. The worst part is that they don't allocate seats in any way shape or form. So you all go en masse to the boarding lounge and about 10-15 minutes before they announce that they are ready to board, someone will get up from their seat and approach the counter to be first in line and then suddenly 150 other people do the same and literally RUN to not be too far back in the queue. Quite funny to watch.

The plane was only about three quarters full so no need for everyone to rush after all!

The plane could have only been a few weeks or months old - I don't know if that was just ours or if it is the whole fleet. One of my favourite smells is that of a new car, and it smelt just like that so I was happy!

Noticably tighter on the leg room though so you might not like it if you are fairly large.

Keith
Spect we will give Clickair a go as soon as we can. Ryanair is fine, you get what you pay for although I must admit all these extra charges are getting a bit much. They are charging to check in on line now and as they are letting people with hold baggage check in on line too, there is no advantage to people without!

Clickair has the advantage for us of being at Heathrow, we have free parking nearby so will save us a fortune in car parking fees. Can't wait for them to get started on the Heathrow Seville route
Old Oct 26th 2006, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

steve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to allsteve in pago is a name known to all

Originally Posted by poollounger
Well Dazzle is that you salivating or grinning??? It's a super duper one from Waitrose, that has been sitting in the freezer for a year...usual thing of buying one planning to spend a quiet Christmas, then the thought of someone else doing the cooking proves too enticing, and we accept an invitation out to lunch!!!!!!
Mind you we are hoping for lunch by the pool and dinner by the fire.....
Me & the missus could give you a hand getting rid of it on christmas day if its too big for you, cant abide waste
Old Oct 26th 2006, 5:54 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by susique
Spect we will give Clickair a go as soon as we can. Ryanair is fine, you get what you pay for although I must admit all these extra charges are getting a bit much. They are charging to check in on line now and as they are letting people with hold baggage check in on line too, there is no advantage to people without!

Clickair has the advantage for us of being at Heathrow, we have free parking nearby so will save us a fortune in car parking fees. Can't wait for them to get started on the Heathrow Seville route
have to say that bit of info had passed me by but you are right , as of Nov 1st everyone whether travelling with luggage or not can check in on line, but to be priority boarded you have to pay £2 extra ! ,people travelling with children will no longer be priority boarded unless they pay the £2 extra , Ryanairs original concept was great but is now a minefield of extra charges , credt card fee , luggage surcharge , priority boarding surcharge and now trying to work out who gets on the plane at what stage will require mensa membership , at this rate Clickair will clean up .
Old Oct 26th 2006, 6:39 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mourinho
have to say that bit of info had passed me by but you are right , as of Nov 1st everyone whether travelling with luggage or not can check in on line, but to be priority boarded you have to pay £2 extra ! ,people travelling with children will no longer be priority boarded unless they pay the £2 extra , Ryanairs original concept was great but is now a minefield of extra charges , credt card fee , luggage surcharge , priority boarding surcharge and now trying to work out who gets on the plane at what stage will require mensa membership , at this rate Clickair will clean up .

Ermmm yeah, what happens if everybody pays the "priority boarding surcharge"
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jdr
EEGSACLY!
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:43 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
Simple.....those who have paid the priority boarding surcharge will then be graded by those who have first checked in...so we will then have a multitude of queues forming. And anyway why the heck should the kids go on first.. I reckon they should strap them to the wings...
Old Oct 26th 2006, 7:47 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by steve in pago
Me & the missus could give you a hand getting rid of it on christmas day if its too big for you, cant abide waste
Humph......well I plan to stuff both myself and the turkey, though obviously not in that order. Maybe if I get enormous I will be given the front seats that Ryanair always block off. And then there is always turkey paella the next day...
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Ryanairs original concept was great but is now a minefield of extra charges , credt card fee , luggage surcharge , priority boarding surcharge and now trying to work out who gets on the plane at what stage will require mensa membership , at this rate Clickair will clean up .
I'll put up with Ryanair for £25 all in Liverpool - seville. and €25 for the return. I still can't find anyone to beat them on price

Here's a tip for you if you want to book a return flight with Ryanair.
First check that both flights required are available, and then book them both seperatly as "one ways" The return flight will be priced in euros and it will allways be cheaper than booking a straight return. Usually they will quote the same amount in euros as pounds eg £12.99 € 12.99

BW

Last edited by big wheels; Oct 26th 2006 at 9:11 pm.
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by jdr

Ryanair achieve their objective , back to square one but everyone paying more !
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poollounger
Simple.....those who have paid the priority boarding surcharge will then be graded by those who have first checked in...so we will then have a multitude of queues forming. And anyway why the heck should the kids go on first.. I reckon they should strap them to the wings...

great until you have to baysit a kid for 2 hours because the only seat available for 4 year old jimmy is next to you !
Old Oct 26th 2006, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keithwalters
Hi John

Keith
Clickair policy states families with kids board first , do they ignore this or were there no families on flight ?

Interstingly they plan to treble the number of routes over the next two years , with the current expansion at Jerez odds on they will be taking on Ryanair there aswell.

Last edited by Mourinho; Oct 26th 2006 at 9:43 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.