Ryanair 2007

Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice
Default Re: Ryanair 2007

Maybe the comments re Ryanair are representative of the flying consumer further a field than this forum , the thread started when advising Easter 2007 flights were on sale, these are now being significantly discounted , trouble shifting them ? could be people waiting for earlier time flights to appear (should be early december) , but despite all views expressed if they keep falling there will be a point where it would be rude not to fill yer boots !
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Just read today that Flybe is going to buy BA´s Connect so more destinations and hopefully better service than Ryanair. Has anyone heard anything more about the new Gib Airline?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 1:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

Originally Posted by glynis
Has anyone heard anything more about the new Gib Airline?
The website doesn't appear to have been updated for a while and still says that tickets will go on sale in December for flights for next April onwards.
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 2:10 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Just read today that Flybe is going to buy BA´s Connect so more destinations and hopefully better service than Ryanair. Has anyone heard anything more about the new Gib Airline?
Long as Flybe improve, they have a rep for overfilling on fuel in Europe to fly back, then have to bump off luggage to get the weight down for take off, so if the flight is full, there is a good chance someone will be short of luggage, not useful if you are going on from where you land in the UK. Happened to friends, they had a hell of a time getting their luggage back in time for their onward journey, OK it was only in the UK, but to have to go back to Southampton from Cornwall to get some clothes to wear is a bit off to say the least. They spoke to several Flybe officials, and different excuses from each, including dismissive comments such as 'well you'll get them eventually'
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazzle
The website doesn't appear to have been updated for a while and still says that tickets will go on sale in December for flights for next April onwards.
What is the website address?
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

What is the website address?
http://www.flygib.com/
Old Nov 3rd 2006, 7:54 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

Airberlin have just bought out their summer 2007 flights for Mallorca so I am sure it won't be too long before they bring out their other flight timetables for 2007. My Mum just booked a Mallorca flight with them for £50 return - bargain!
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Re priority boarding with children.
At Liverpool this has now ceased. We have just returned from Seville and on our outbound flight, people with children were turned away from the head of the queue and made to join the usual scrum at the boarding gate.
The rule now is that anyone who has checked in online gets boarded first.
There were two separate "roped off" queues. One containing only the three of us who had printed off our own boarding cards, and one with everyone else.
The question is. What will happen when the majority have checked in online??
The return leg from Seville was the normal "free for all" with no one given any priority whatsoever, whether they had children, were on crutches or had checked in online.

Re the reduction in baggage allowance. I received two e-mails from Ryanair informing me of the changes sometime in early October.

BW
Old Nov 7th 2006, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by big wheels
Re priority boarding with children.
At Liverpool this has now ceased. We have just returned from Seville and on our outbound flight, people with children were turned away from the head of the queue and made to join the usual scrum at the boarding gate.
The rule now is that anyone who has checked in online gets boarded first.
There were two separate "roped off" queues. One containing only the three of us who had printed off our own boarding cards, and one with everyone else.
The question is. What will happen when the majority have checked in online??
The return leg from Seville was the normal "free for all" with no one given any priority whatsoever, whether they had children, were on crutches or had ren so it doesn´t affect me but it must be terrible with babies and toddlers in the "scrum".checked in online.

Re the reduction in baggage allowance. I received two e-mails from Ryanair informing me of the changes sometime in early October.

BW
I haven´t got children but it must be terrible for those with babies and toddlers in the "scrum".
Old Nov 7th 2006, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

I haven´t got children but it must be terrible for those with babies and toddlers in the "scrum".
To be honest it is not too bad. For every person who is miserable and selfish there are 4 decent ones. The aircrew are normally pretty OK too (although there are exceptions!) and will always help with seating where possible.

Of course if someone has been outright obnoxious you can always side swipe them with the bottle bag as you 'struggle' past, usually just as they have settled into their seat or the old favourite of sitting as near to them as possible - preferably directly behind - so you can 'get' them with the wailing associated with ears popping due to pressure changes and/or token objects being thrown forward.....shall I go on?!
Old Nov 9th 2006, 3:09 pm
Cliveandkaren

cliveandkaren is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Re: Ryanair 2007

Latest news on Ryanairs embarking policy is that for £2pp UK side and €3pp Spanish end you can purchase a priority boarding pass. This allows you to jump to the front of the que with those that booked-in on line. You can only book-in on line without hold luggage. But hold luggage does not stop you from buying "priority boarding". This has to be bought from the Ryanair ticket desk, although the check-in desk girl ask if we wanted it when we left the UK.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cliveandkaren
Latest news on Ryanairs embarking policy is that for £2pp UK side and €3pp Spanish end you can purchase a priority boarding pass. This allows you to jump to the front of the que with those that booked-in on line. You can only book-in on line without hold luggage. But hold luggage does not stop you from buying "priority boarding". This has to be bought from the Ryanair ticket desk, although the check-in desk girl ask if we wanted it when we left the UK.
Ah! So that's how they are doing it, well good luck to anyone who wants to queue up for an hour at the ticket desk, I assume this is the same place where you go to pay for hold baggage if you didn't pay on line or on the phone.

We waited at least half an hour to check in a bike in September. (We didn't decide to take it till after we booked.) People run the serious risk of missing their flight for the sake of a priority boarding pass so I wonder how many will actually bother? Me, I'm still cramming odds and ends in the overhead bag as we are lucky to have everything we need in Spain (like a house!) I check in on line for convenience, given up bothering about where I sit, just want to get there safely thanks.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

susique, do you use one of those small suitcases as hand luggage? I've wondered if they are the correct size to be allowed in the cabin.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:13 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

susique, do you use one of those small suitcases as hand luggage? I've wondered if they are the correct size to be allowed in the cabin.
They are ok on squeezy jet, any weight within reason, six ltrs of spirits . No liquids allowed at the moment though, only a small bottle of water.
Old Nov 9th 2006, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Yes its a trolley case but with no stand - got it in a charity shop three quid! As it lacks the stand it weighs less which is why I grabbed it. It is within Ryanair's hand baggage size, Ive tested it in the frames. I had a bag without wheels but when its stuffed with 10 kg (I always stuff the bag on principle) its rather heavy to lug if your flight departs/arrives at the far end of Stansted.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.