Ryanair 2007

Old Nov 12th 2006, 3:09 pm
Forum Regular

Lis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to allLis48 is a name known to all
Default Re: Ryanair 2007

Why do you think they must be selling a seat at a loss? They always charge any taxes on top and presumably they think that otherwise it would be half empty and at least with it full they can make more on items sold on board. Surely it costs more or less the same in terms of fuel, staff etc. to run a half empty plane as a full one. The policy of offering a few free seats must also entice a lot of people to their site and generate publicity. Certainly their profits for this year suggest that the policy works financially.
Old Nov 12th 2006, 4:21 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by keithwalters
How do Ryanair make their profit when they can charge as little as 5 or 10 euros per seat? Do they knowingly sell the seats at a loss in the hope that they will make up for it in cargo?

This one has baffled me for a while.
It's great publicity and of course there are only a handful of seats at that price!

Try travelling at busy times and on peak routes you will see the 'real' prices and you will understand how they make such huge profits - but we all see Ryanair as a cheap carrier who is much cheaper than airlines such as BA - in fact often you will find they are more expensive but their cheap/free offers give them an amazing PR image.

Mark
Old Nov 12th 2006, 6:39 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

How do Ryanair make their profit when they can charge as little as 5 or 10 euros per seat? Do they knowingly sell the seats at a loss in the hope that they will make up for it in cargo?

This one has baffled me for a while.
A free flight will actually cost you aprox £40 return , if you take up baggage and priority boarding costs and pay by credit card , the more passengers the more food , insurance and scratchcards ! they sell , plus Ryanair are paid by airports based on the amount of passengers they bring to the destination , they pay poor wages and don't pay compensation , most of their advertising is clever free publicity on the theory there is no such thing as poor publicity, it is a business model taken to new limits , but is fragile , ask Gerald Ratner !
Old Nov 12th 2006, 8:57 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mourinho
A free flight will actually cost you aprox £40 return , if you take up baggage and priority boarding costs and pay by credit card , the more passengers the more food , insurance and scratchcards ! they sell , plus Ryanair are paid by airports based on the amount of passengers they bring to the destination , they pay poor wages and don't pay compensation , most of their advertising is clever free publicity on the theory there is no such thing as poor publicity, it is a business model taken to new limits , but is fragile , ask Gerald Ratner !

My last (one way) flight with Ryanair cost me 5 euros (no baggage, no priority boarding). Okay, there were taxes on top of this, but they are taxes and ultimately end up in the governments wallet, not Ryanair's. What do you reckon it costs Ryanair to operate a flight per unit (per seat) when you think about all their diverse costs such as wages, fleet, fuel, premises, water, elec, etc, etc, etc? It must be more than 5 euros?

If they are relying on the more expensive flights at peak times, and money generated from what they carry in cargo, then they would be operating at a loss for those of us who are lucky enough to get the 5 euro seats.
Old Nov 13th 2006, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

My last (one way) flight with Ryanair cost me 5 euros (no baggage, no priority boarding). Okay, there were taxes on top of this, but they are taxes and ultimately end up in the governments wallet, not Ryanair's. What do you reckon it costs Ryanair to operate a flight per unit (per seat) when you think about all their diverse costs such as wages, fleet, fuel, premises, water, elec, etc, etc, etc? It must be more than 5 euros?

If they are relying on the more expensive flights at peak times, and money generated from what they carry in cargo, then they would be operating at a loss for those of us who are lucky enough to get the 5 euro seats.

Read carefully , those 'taxes' actually read taxes and charges and part of that charge does go to Ryanair , taxes / charges on other carriers are not so high , Clickair for instance are currently charging 9 euros total cost for a one way flight.

To make the maximum profit Ryanair need each plane to make 4 flights a day , the 5 euro flights are not the norm , i dont know the average fare but would estimate £40 return plus taxes, i was told thou by a Ryanair employee such is level of extras charged the seats could all be sold for 5 euros and they would still make money .
Old Nov 19th 2006, 6:40 pm
Forum Regular

Its spreading , Easyjet now charging for priority boarding , the cost varies per flight , more expensive than Ryanair at between £2.50 and £7.50 per person . But heres a cracker , it then says you may be bussed to the plane and we cannot guarntee you will be first off the bus on to the plane !

Last edited by Mourinho; Nov 19th 2006 at 6:46 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:09 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

So What does all this mean.........
I have two children under 6 if I choose not to pay to priority board, Do I then wait till all those who love giving money to ryanair get on first.
I get on near last and find we can not sit together, there is no way either of my children will sit with what could be a "PETER FILE" sitting next to them.

All the people who choose to pay to priority board thinking they are better off should not be so selfish and think of people like me and my family.
the old system was fine old age and children first.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
I have two children under 6 if I choose not to pay to priority board, Do I then wait till all those who love giving money to ryanair get on first.
I get on near last and find we can not sit together, there is no way either of my children will sit with what could be a "PETER FILE" sitting next to them.

All the people who choose to pay to priority board thinking they are better off should not be so selfish and think of people like me and my family.
Thats what it does mean , last week an old lady with a stick was at the front of the queue , but because she went forward to board and hadn't paid the priority fee with ryanair she was sent to the back of the queue .
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

wheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond reputewheatsheaf42 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Thats what it does mean , last week an old lady with a stick was at the front of the queue , but because she went forward to board and hadn't paid the priority fee with ryanair she was sent to the back of the queue .
If Ryannair had their wits about them they would start charging for walking sticks-£2.50 per stick, no stick without person, person £5, with automatic priority.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 8:35 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

If you are that concerned about your kids' safety then you'd better stump up the cash then.
Old Nov 19th 2006, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Andy Pipken]So What does all this mean.........
I get on near last and find we can not sit together, .
QUOTE]

I'm sure any reasonable person would move seats so that you could sit together. I know I would, the thought of sitting next to two kids for two and a half hours would guarantee it

BW.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 9:58 am
Forum Regular

susique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of lightsusique is a glorious beacon of light

Try not to worry Andypips, I'm sure most people would offer you the chance to keep your children with you. If not, perhaps a quiet word with cabin crew and they would probably help rearrrange someone.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 11:32 am
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

so if everyone pays for priority boarding there will still be a scrum or do you get to pick a seat when priority boarding?

I thought that the priority boarding went first, then the people with kiddies/physical difficulties (sorry not sure of the PC way of saying that) then everyone else.

Like everyone else says I don't think the majority of people would be mean enough to see young children sitting on their own next to a stranger and if they were mean enough then just sit on their laps
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
so if everyone pays for priority boarding there will still be a scrum or do you get to pick a seat when priority boarding?

I thought that the priority boarding went first, then the people with kiddies/physical difficulties (sorry not sure of the PC way of saying that) then everyone else.

Like everyone else says I don't think the majority of people would be mean enough to see young children sitting on their own next to a stranger and if they were mean enough then just sit on their laps
Well we will soon find out just what they mean, we are flying back from the UK with Ryanair mid December, haven't chosen priority booking. Not going out with them as their out flights times aren't very good.
Old Nov 20th 2006, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
If you are that concerned about your kids' safety then you'd better stump up the cash then.
Why should I pay more, its people like you that pay for anything,
What happens when everyone pays for priority boarding
do they then introduce a VIP charge, for people who wish to board before priority,
then a business class, before you know it you will be seated before the captain is even allowed to board !!
if we all say no to extra charges what can they do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.