Ryanair 2007

Old Oct 28th 2006, 4:28 pm
Account Closed

Andy Pipken is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ryanair 2007

Right so what are we saying....if you have a big ass you must pay more as you use all the paper wiping that full moon you have,and the plane will use more fuel to carry your sorry ass, BUT if the plane goes down in the sea we can throw the FATTY out and all sit on them, floating around till the rescue arrives.
so lets not have a go at the larger frame.... one day they will be of use
Old Oct 29th 2006, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

matt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant futurematt begley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by poollounger
JDDR will probably ban us from the forum!!

yes beware the reaper.........
Old Oct 29th 2006, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

paddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud ofpaddy07 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Andy Pipken
Right so what are we saying....if you have a big ass you must pay more as you use all the paper wiping that full moon you have,and the plane will use more fuel to carry your sorry ass, BUT if the plane goes down in the sea we can throw the FATTY out and all sit on them, floating around till the rescue arrives.
so lets not have a go at the larger frame.... one day they will be of use
Are you on the larger side then andy

Do you love the cake
Old Oct 29th 2006, 7:45 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Oh yes, I can remember being a child - and being warned sternly by my parents of the consequences should I play up and embarrass them in public!

I never complain about babies crying etc on planes, it can't be helped and they are too young to understand why their ears hurt. I don't even mind so much if an excited child wants to talk to me throughout the flight or is getting boisterous after sitting still for a while and their parents at least make an effort to distract them or rein in their behaviour.

What I do object to and will say so forcefully is the parents who are oblivious to the discomfort their little darlings are causing to those around them (constantly kicking the seat in front of them or hanging off the back of it and pulling my hair, hitting my head with objects etc is a favourite).

I am hardly geriatric (just turned 50) and I don't single out children - just last week I was sitting in a so called Quiet carriage on a London train and had had a relatively peaceful journey until 2 guys got on and sat down opposite, proceeded to get out their mobile phones and take or make one call after another for the next 15 minutes. Everyone around me was tutting and frowning but guess which muggins eventually spoke up (politely I hope) and said "Excuse me, do you realise you are sitting in the Quiet carriage". They got up and took their phones into the corridor - point made. I think it is Ryanair that is soon going to allow passengers to use mobiles on planes - I hope to God that doesn't extend to all airlines as it is one of the few environments that is blessedly free from people bellowing into their mobiles. I can hear it now "Hello, I'm on the plane"

Yes , ryanair say from July 07 you will be able to use your mobiles on their flights, personally don't see this as progress but obviously chasing the business travellers pounds , " Hello , I'm on the plane , were flying over your house give us a wave ! " or " Hello , were coming in to land , light the babercue ! " i'm sure there are other gems that will be shouted out for all to hear ?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

accommodation-in-spain is an unknown quantity at this point

I love this forum, I don't log on for a few days and return to find you all talking about bums :-) Do you get a discount if you have a smaller bum? What a great way to tackle obesity - flight discount incentives for smaller people

oh my goodness, mobiles on planes - now I must admit that would drive me a bit batty. I don't mind the chatting on them so much it is the ring tones that get me especially if the person insists on waiting for ages to pick up their call as they think their ringtone sounds cool :-)
Old Oct 30th 2006, 7:06 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by accommodation-in-spain
I love this forum, I don't log on for a few days and return to find you all talking about bums :-) Do you get a discount if you have a smaller bum? What a great way to tackle obesity - flight discount incentives for smaller people

oh my goodness, mobiles on planes - now I must admit that would drive me a bit batty. I don't mind the chatting on them so much it is the ring tones that get me especially if the person insists on waiting for ages to pick up their call as they think their ringtone sounds cool :-)
You can always snatch it, run to the loo and jettison it into cyberspace
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:05 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jdr
You can always snatch it, run to the loo and jettison it into cyberspace
I think I may have found the answer to a question that has always puzzled me...do planes have holding tanks or are the contents of the loos merely flushed overboard where they disintegrate before descending on Mrs Henderson's perfectly manicured lawn in Twickenham??
Old Oct 31st 2006, 7:19 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by poollounger
I think I may have found the answer to a question that has always puzzled me...do planes have holding tanks or are the contents of the loos merely flushed overboard where they disintegrate before descending on Mrs Henderson's perfectly manicured lawn in Twickenham??
Bucket and chuckit, look out below
Old Oct 31st 2006, 9:17 am
Forum Regular

I love it jdr - very tempting Yep, watch out whilst you are sunning yourself on the beach for flying phones!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:10 am
BE Enthusiast

billgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond reputebillgates has a reputation beyond repute

Getting back to the point about priority boarding (or lack of), if families with small children end up boarding last, probably because the oldies have charged to the front of the queue - you must know what I mean, standing there rigid, refusing to let anyone past, unflinching and staring straight ahead, determined not to catch anyone's eye but the poor Ryanair staff, I mean it's ridiculus to watch the complete scramble (but of course, everyone pretending that their not really desperate to get to the front of the queue, just walking very quickly and determinedly - "not getting in front of me mate...")....sorry, rant over....if the small children board last then families cannot sit together due to a lack of available seats. My 2 year old now has to travel full-fare and have her own seat. Is she expected to sit at one end of the plane while I sit down the other end because they are the only available seats? It really gets me when you see row after row of seats with one occupant sat in the aisle seat with a book or a jumper spread out on the adjacent seat, purely to discourage anyone else from sitting next to them. Then they start reading their book, head down, pretending to be completely absorbed by it so that it takes a couple of attempts to get a response to the question "Are those two seats free?". This, of course gets a grudged "hmph! Yes, I suppose so" and you just know they're trying to act really put out and inconvenienced by you having to squeeze past them and sort your own hand luggage out.

I travel back to the uk on my own about once a month and always try to travel with hand luggage only. I check in online and avoid the check-in queue. I get priority boarding, which is a bonus, but I don't make the rules. I'd be happy to board last - it's not as though I won't get a seat, and as I'm travelling alone I'm very unlikely to get three seats to myself anyway.

I think the whole idea of a seat free-for-all is stupid. The poor staff at the boarding gates have to deal with the stampede and the ignorant people who always try-it-on by hoping the staff won't notice that they're ticket is number 169 instead of 69 - "Opps, sorry. I didn't realise, I'm new to this..." etc. I occasionally fly Malaga/Birmingham with Monarch. Totally different experience. No stampede for boarding as everyone knows exactly where they will sit.

I hate flying and especially flying Ryanair. If you ask people what they dislike most about flying then a few years ago they might have said safety/crashing/hi-jack, etc. Nowadays I'll bet those same people are more likely to say Hassle/queuing/delays or to sum it up "Ryanair".

Finished.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 6:04 pm
Forum Regular

The thing I can't understand is that the stampede is the same getting off the plane. We always wait until last to get off at leisure and then our luggage is waiting for us when we get off. Do they think the beach is going to disappear if they don't get off right away

We had quite a bad experience in May with a couple who would not let us past with our 5 & 6 year old - so bad that is really upset my little boy. They started arguing when my husband said 'excuse me' and asked why we thought we were priority boarding! They spanish lady quite clearing asked for people with babies and children to board but they obviously couldn't understand her accent and must have thought she had asked for moody old gits to board

Re the 2 year olds paying for a seat, this really gets me too - most 2 year olds would prefer to sit on their parents lap whilst on the plane but they must have a seat of their own. I think it is all down to money making again!
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 12:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

The thing I can't understand is that the stampede is the same getting off the plane. We always wait until last to get off at leisure and then our luggage is waiting for us when we get off. Do they think the beach is going to disappear if they don't get off right away

We had quite a bad experience in May with a couple who would not let us past with our 5 & 6 year old - so bad that is really upset my little boy. They started arguing when my husband said 'excuse me' and asked why we thought we were priority boarding! They spanish lady quite clearing asked for people with babies and children to board but they obviously couldn't understand her accent and must have thought she had asked for moody old gits to board

Re the 2 year olds paying for a seat, this really gets me too - most 2 year olds would prefer to sit on their parents lap whilst on the plane but they must have a seat of their own. I think it is all down to money making again!
I think it's with the very quick turn around, people don't want to still be on the plane when it takes off again :scared:
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of
Exclamation Re: Ryanair 2007

Just got back last night from Seville via Ryanair. What an experience! Went out last week with my partner taking only 1 case between us as they now charge. As we did not need much we felt this would be OK. On our return yesterday we found they had reduced the baggage allowance from 20kg per person to 15kg per person from Nov 1st. Well you might say this should be OK as we were two booked together with 1 case of about 19 - 20kg. But no -unused allowance could not be transfered so in effect the case was either mine or my husbands - allowing them to charge exhorbitant excess baggage on the 5kgs he was over! Needless to say no-one knew about this in the queue so it was huge and slow - everyone going off to pay extra at a quiosk or they were busily emptying their luggage into carrier bags as hand luggage. We tried to get them to see we were actually only taking on less than 10 kg each but they would not have it and as the person in front of us got charged over 35euros for being about 4kg over the limit - her friend was under so jointly they did not hit 30kg - we emptied our bag out and carried the extra on board as hand luggage. We just felt it was appalling customer service and I think a letter to them is in order. We ended up being one of the last to board and thankfully it was not full so even in the scramble for seats we were able to get two together.

This is the first time for several years we have flown Ryanair - usually fly into Faro with another (better) budget airline but this time we fancied a few days in Seville and it seemed the best option. We will need to think again - will try Clickair - I would rather pay a few pounds more for better service. We feel they should change their strap line to 'Passengers are scum' because that is what we felt like. It is clear this is all about making it appear the customer is getting the cheapest deal whilst quietly adding costs wherever they can. Put up and shut up seems to be the motto.

Carol
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

te he mikelincs, I have tried that one in Stansted in the hope that I would get back to La Luz or Mallorca for free but no joy

Goodness gracious Carol, they already reduced it from 25 kg not that long ago and now it is only 15! Soon people won't even be able to fit a weeks worth of underwear in their suitcase without being charged extra

I must admit I am starting to prefer Easyjet - Ryanair will surely lose out on business if they carry on like this? When you go with Easyjet the luggage limit is higher, no extra charges and they are happy to transfer the weight. We go out with our 2 kids so pay for 4 full tickets so could in theory take 4 suitcases but we never take more than 2.

Basically they know that you have to pay £7 for each case and want you to pay for as many cases as you can take to make more money.
Old Nov 2nd 2006, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

I was relieved when my children reached the age of 2 as they really didn't like sitting on my lap. It was such a tight squeeze that it was uncomfortable for everyone.

I think it's actually UK air regulations that they have to sit on an adults lap during landing & take off under the age of 2 and have thier own seat from 2 onwards with no exceptions.

I don't think this a rule that airlines can change just to make money!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.