Progress !

Old Mar 29th 2009, 12:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Progress !

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
It's bad enough hearing the likes of Brad Pitt, Kate Winslow, Nicole Kidman, etc, etc dubbed into Spanish, but what bugs me just that little bit extra is when the Spanish actors are dubbed into Spanish (Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas, Penelope Cruz, etc) and it is some other actor doing their dubbing.

And why do they always dub male actors with someone who sounds like he smokes 100 ciggies a day?
Javier Bardem? Penélope Cruz? Já...If I don't like them as actors, I don't want to imagine them making dubbing of movies. For this we already have great voices like Constantino Romero (Darth Vader, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Roger Moore...), Claudio Rodriguez, Antonio García Moral (James Woods, Richard Dreyfuss...), Ricardo Solans (Sylvester Stallone, Robert de Niro...) or Manolo García (" Grissom " in CSI Las Vegas) among many more
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Relampago
Javier Bardem? Penélope Cruz? Já...If I don't like them as actors, I don't want to imagine them making dubbing of movies. For this we already have great voices like Constantino Romero (Darth Vader, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Clint Eastwood, Roger Moore...), Claudio Rodriguez, Antonio García Moral (James Woods, Richard Dreyfuss...), Ricardo Solans (Sylvester Stallone, Robert de Niro...) or Manolo García (" Grissom " in CSI Las Vegas) among many more

What?? You actually like dubbing???? how can this be a good thing?

I have TDT and sometimes just for fun I sit there with my finger on the language button flicking backwards between VO and Spanish and it is not only the actors real voice that you are losing, all the background noises and sound effects are muted when they dub so the sound quality is muy inferior. Have you also noticed how you can always hear that the dubbing actors are sat in a studio when they record, which really doesn't work with outside scenes!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
What?? You actually like dubbing???? how can this be a good thing?

I have TDT and sometimes just for fun I sit there with my finger on the language button flicking backwards between VO and Spanish and it is not only the actors real voice that you are losing, all the background noises and sound effects are muted when they dub so the sound quality is muy inferior. Have you also noticed how you can always hear that the dubbing actors are sat in a studio when they record, which really doesn't work with outside scenes!
English is a very extended language. I write in English in this forum (or at least I try) because it is a forum of British and because this is in English, is simply respect. English is in danger, many children in my city learn English, you can even see that many appliances in Spain until have the buttons in English, to give some examples. English is the current frank language, as in its day was the Latin or the Spanish. This will be a good incentive for those foreigners that came years ago to Spain and at the moment they don't know none of Spanish. And even so, nor I am optimistic. I don't want to imagine that I live in United Kingdom and I don't know nor drop of English. For me it would be unthinkable

Also, in TDT in practically all the channels now are original version, but if I am sincere with you, I hear the voices of Robert of Niro or of William L. Petersen in original, for example, and it seems that they have castrated them the testicles. The voices in Spanish give to these and many more actors the personality that they don't have with their original voice
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:50 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Relampago
.... The voices in Spanish give to these and many more actors the personality that they don't have with their original voice
HAHAHAHA!! This is insane !! RugbyMatt! Where are you ???