Progress !

Old Mar 27th 2009, 5:59 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Progress !

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Well, that didn't last long did it? You would think that the kids film would be in VO but none have been during the last few weeks. Talk about giving up before you have even started, I suppose a bit of publicity by La Plaza would have been asking for too much!!

I am going to have to take the kids to see the film (no problem for them), oh well I could have a siesta, my Spanish is ok but not fluent enough yet to catch a whole film.

No offence but what did you expect????

Do you really think your local Odeon in England would regularly hand over valuable space to a handful of Spaniards?

It is not necessary here, moreover it is not desired here, so why bring it???? Soon you'll be demanding a British shop that sells only British things, plus a Brit bar that sells Brit beers. Then there's this ridiculous Rotary Club nonsense.

Let's go the whole hog and have Morris Dancing every Saturday followed by Chav slags glassing each other after a night out.

Progress????

Do me a favour!!!
Old Mar 27th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Do you really think your local Odeon in England would regularly hand over valuable space to a handful of Spaniards?

It is not necessary here, moreover it is not desired here, so why bring it???? Soon you'll be demanding a British shop that sells only British things, plus a Brit bar that sells Brit beers. Then there's this ridiculous Rotary Club nonsense.

Let's go the whole hog and have Morris Dancing every Saturday followed by Chav slags glassing each other after a night out.

Progress????

Do me a favour!!!
"No offence...Do me a favour!!!"
You say and ask for a lot, don't you?

Why isn't it necessary for some (including spanish speakers) to have the opportunity to view a film in the original language? Isn't choice important?
If it is not desired, then perhaps that is a deeper issue which needs to be addressed elsewhere?
Old Mar 27th 2009, 7:34 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
"No offence...Do me a favour!!!"
You say and ask for a lot, don't you?

Why isn't it necessary for some (including spanish speakers) to have the opportunity to view a film in the original language? Isn't choice important?
If it is not desired, then perhaps that is a deeper issue which needs to be addressed elsewhere?
Market forces. Simple as.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:29 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Progress????

Do me a favour!!!
Jon, You forgot to write: "Told You so" and "na na na na naaa"
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by Jur
Jon, You forgot to write: "Told You so" and "na na na na naaa"
Less is more.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:36 pm
Jur

Less is more.
Silence is Golden
Old Mar 28th 2009, 7:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

Progress????

Do me a favour!!!
Well, I can't speak for everywhere in the Uk, but my local cinemas in the UK always showed foreign language films in Version Original with English subtitles. None of this doblaje crap!

If you go to the larger cities like Madrid there are always plenty of cinemas that only show Version Original......I always assumed that it was a culture thing rather than because they were trying to cater for foreigners. I guess in small town Spain they are not so interested in culture.

Doblaje massacres a good film and is responsible for the low level of English spoken by many Spaniards (IMO).
Old Mar 28th 2009, 10:46 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Already ? I saw a sign yesterday at the main exit saying: daily at 18:00 in sala 4.

If they stopped it now that´s even quick for the standards we´re used to. Most business´ last at least a whole year!!!

Ok, I might be wrong. I only looked at the website and couldn't see VO for the last few weeks. I will check again.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jur
Silence is Golden
Do you think he will get the hint?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Jur
Silence is Golden
I take it you two don't exchange Christmas Cards ?
Old Mar 28th 2009, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerezgirl
Well, I can't speak for everywhere in the Uk, but my local cinemas in the UK always showed foreign language films in Version Original with English subtitles. None of this doblaje crap!

Doblaje massacres a good film and is responsible for the low level of English spoken by many Spaniards (IMO).
Dubbed films are very helpful if you're learning spanish And I don't agree that it massacres the film, I think in most cases it's very well dne and I barely even notice that it's dubbed.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

What`s your opinion?

Return of the Jedi (English)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxvYpfWJn1o

This but in spanish...

El retorno del Jedi (Spanish)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7mjf...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tD-E...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6vf9...e=channel_page

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lwzw7...e=channel_page
Old Mar 28th 2009, 9:25 pm
Jur

Great dubbing job on Dart Vader´s breathing....

I´m sorry, but I think Arnie Schwarzennegger should say "I´ll Be Back" not "Vuelvo Muy Pronto" !!!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Great dubbing job on Dart Vader´s breathing....

I´m sorry, but I think Arnie Schwarzennegger should say "I´ll Be Back" not "Vuelvo Muy Pronto" !!!
Oh not, my friend. From the beginning, Lord Vader's true voice in English was David Prowse's voice

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSm9DDxQv8E

But the british voice of Prowse that interprets Lord Vader didn't convince them, so they had to use the voice of a black actor, James Earl Jones. With us it has not been necessary the voice of any black actor
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Veleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to beholdVeleta is a splendid one to behold

It's bad enough hearing the likes of Brad Pitt, Kate Winslow, Nicole Kidman, etc, etc dubbed into Spanish, but what bugs me just that little bit extra is when the Spanish actors are dubbed into Spanish (Javier Bardem, Antonio Banderas, Penelope Cruz, etc) and it is some other actor doing their dubbing.

And why do they always dub male actors with someone who sounds like he smokes 100 ciggies a day?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.