Progress !

Old Mar 6th 2009, 11:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Progress !

Originally Posted by Sharon B
Which film is in English this week then? I have looked at the link (corectly I hope this time!!) and none of them have VO next to them. Been to the cinema too just now and no clues from the outside of the cinema booth.
We are going along tonight so if there is one I will post on here. Last week was Disaster Movie and did not fancy that!
Old Mar 6th 2009, 8:28 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Progress !

Try this page www.alandalus.es
Old Mar 7th 2009, 9:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Progress !

Did not appear to be any VO (English) films on but JURS link is a good one and we may check and book on line next week Films appear to change on Wednesday but I may be wrong on that.
Old Mar 7th 2009, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Progress ! Finally !!

The cinema in Ayamonte´s commercial center "La Plaza" has begun to show films in their original language ! Every day at 18:00...

I haven´t found out where to look online which films they show, but if anyone does, please post.
In V.O, with subtitles?
Old Mar 7th 2009, 2:44 pm
Jur

If the quality of the subtitles are the same as they do most translations here it´s going to be good for a laugh. Perhaps a job for SonofSpain or Borat.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 12:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
If the quality of the subtitles are the same as they do most translations here it´s going to be good for a laugh. Perhaps a job for SonofSpain or Borat.
Answering to your thread, I hope the proposal is a local initiative, and nothing else

And answering to your 2º comment, also it would be funny to see you speaking in Spanish, if it is that you know Spanish...Maybe the laugh would be our. Because as says our proverb: who laughs the last, laughs better

Last edited by Relampago; Mar 8th 2009 at 12:48 am.
Old Mar 8th 2009, 11:09 am
Jur

Originally Posted by Relampago
Answering to your thread, I hope the proposal is a local initiative, and nothing else

And answering to your 2º comment, also it would be funny to see you speaking in Spanish, if it is that you know Spanish...Maybe the laugh would be our. Because as says our proverb: who laughs the last, laughs better
It would be quite something if you can SEE me speaking Spanish !
Old Mar 13th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

John and Kath, I might just being thick here but I can`t see any VO film on this week either.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:06 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Probably pulled it. Even if EVERY expat in Ayamonte went, I doubt there would be enough to fill the room.
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of lightSharon B is a glorious beacon of light

But according to you Ayamonte and Costa Esuri was over run with expats, surely enough to fill 1 cinema if not more
Old Mar 13th 2009, 12:19 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharon B
But according to you Ayamonte and Costa Esuri was over run with expats, surely enough to fill 1 cinema if not more
One expat is overun for me!!!
Old Mar 15th 2009, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Forteleza
No. Well why don't you go back to the motherland then. You just do not think laterally. easyjet - faro to bristol then m4 - severn bridge - and voila - croeso i dooberry whatsit. Peace and quiet.

Careful, your toggle only lasts so long, doesn't it?
Old Mar 15th 2009, 10:00 pm
Jur

Are there posts missing here ?

more progress:
- Ja´s bar on Isla Canela will reopen again, with a new Portuguese owner.
- 2 car rental companies are opening their doors soon (in Ayamonte).
- Beachbar La Sonrisa (Punta del Moral) to be open from April,5th.
- Our famous local band T-bag will play next tuesday night in Lotita (Ayamonte) starting at 21:30 and then again on Friday the 20th at The Andalusian on Canela which sometime ago got taken over and is getting very popular.
- In the Marina Isla Canela we´re eagerly awaiting the reopening of the Colorado Rock café (probably with a different name)

Bring on the Summer !
Old Mar 27th 2009, 1:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well, that didn't last long did it? You would think that the kids film would be in VO but none have been during the last few weeks. Talk about giving up before you have even started, I suppose a bit of publicity by La Plaza would have been asking for too much!!

I am going to have to take the kids to see the film (no problem for them), oh well I could have a siesta, my Spanish is ok but not fluent enough yet to catch a whole film.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 2:03 pm
Jur

Already ? I saw a sign yesterday at the main exit saying: daily at 18:00 in sala 4.

If they stopped it now that´s even quick for the standards we´re used to. Most business´ last at least a whole year!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.