Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Shared Meter Box (dispute)

Shared Meter Box (dispute)

Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:23 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Shared Meter Box (dispute)

I have an apartment which shares an old style plastic meter box with the down stairs neighbour. I need to get a "caja metalica" installed to go over the old box before Endessa will connect my meter.So I approached the administrators to get thier electricians to do the work so as not to step on anyones toes and work was due to start this morning. Now the old battle axe who lives downstairs has stopped the work being done saying because its "her wall" she wont let it happen.
Is this legal? surely the box is "common" how can she stop me having electricity?

This is Marbella BTW
Oh and the old bag down stairs is the president of the community!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 11:48 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shared Meter Box (dispute)

Originally Posted by TGA
I have an apartment which shares an old style plastic meter box with the down stairs neighbour. I need to get a "caja metalica" installed to go over the old box before Endessa will connect my meter.So I approached the administrators to get thier electricians to do the work so as not to step on anyones toes and work was due to start this morning. Now the old battle axe who lives downstairs has stopped the work being done saying because its "her wall" she wont let it happen.
Is this legal? surely the box is "common" how can she stop me having electricity?

This is Marbella BTW
Oh and the old bag down stairs is the president of the community!!
GOOD LUCK !!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:10 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Goodluck on that , her wall but Endessa can put meter any where , let them do it and stand back , sould nt be on a share meter .....
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:17 pm
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks,

Its 2 meters in one box
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:53 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Can you explan what need to do again , if you 2 meter in one box , that not ok ?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

had a similar thing a few years back....we wanted a phone line and the nearest pole they could connect to was in a neighbours garden, basically they refused access to Telefonica so we were stumped ......was ok in the end but that was after a year waiting, rows etc etc
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:11 pm
TGA
Banned

Originally Posted by jurdyr
Can you explan what need to do again , if you 2 meter in one box , that not ok ?
two apartments, 1 on top of the other, mine on top, endessa ables come into 1 plastic box (plastic) in this box is 2 meters (one for each apartment). This box needs a metal door according to Endessa
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:51 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TGA
two apartments, 1 on top of the other, mine on top, endessa ables come into 1 plastic box (plastic) in this box is 2 meters (one for each apartment). This box needs a metal door according to Endessa
so let them do it , dont get involed .... when power , telphone company want so think done , thay do it .... and then ask later

if you can look at the box photo it , why she giving out ? , she told that if not done , that cut her off , its a healt and safty think .... ,

he good one the meter box and area in the wall is the Property off the power company , look at the terms and conditions on there website are the bill

thay own the meter , power , the cables , and that own you fuse box aswell ... but never comming looking for it ...
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:07 pm
TGA
Banned

Thanks,
Old Mar 31st 2009, 12:38 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

I thought you might help I am having trouble with this young tearaway who lives in upstairs Casa.They want to adorn my wall with wires and boxes in order they can play their music loud till god knows when,swigging watneys red barrel and scoffing Hollands pies...........Well I am old and frail I only have a few friends and attend the residents committee meetings for a little company. I now get abused when I sit outside mi Casa having a little ciggy break they call me old bolsa and other rude names. Can I stop them who knows they are big big English.... Look at me in pic I am little old Spanish lady.Help please. Sorry my English bad so used Google translate OK

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:38 am.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:21 am
Family man

CBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud ofCBANDY has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I thought you might help I am having trouble with this young tearaway who lives in upstairs Casa.They want to adorn my wall with wires and boxes in order they can play their music loud till god knows when,swigging watneys red barrel and scoffing Hollands pies...........Well I am old and frail I only have a few friends and attend the residents committee meetings for a little company. I now get abused when I sit outside mi Casa having a little ciggy break they call me old bolsa and other rude names. Can I stop them who knows they are big big English.... Look at me in pic I am little old Spanish lady.Help please. Sorry my English bad so used Google translate OK
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:28 am

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jurdyr
so let them do it , dont get involed .... when power , telphone company want so think done , thay do it .... and then ask later
No, it is the users responsibility to provide the correct box.

For example, if you want to switch to the off peak tariff and have one of the old thin boxes you have to get the box changed before Endesa will put the new meter/time switch in. You will have to pay a builder to dig a hole in the wall and also pay an electrician to disconnect the cables while the box is changed.

Similarly if you have the old box with a plastic door and want to change anything you must bring the box up to the new spec (metal door) at your expense.

That's why TGA has the problem.
Old Mar 31st 2009, 9:43 am
TGA
Banned

Just been to a meeting and i have told thm I will dig new channel and chase ney cables to new box on my wall weather they like it or not.
As for the bolsa vieja well she gonna get a flaming bag of poo on her doorstep
Old Mar 31st 2009, 3:36 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TGA
Just been to a meeting and i have told thm I will dig new channel and chase ney cables to new box on my wall weather they like it or not.
As for the bolsa vieja well she gonna get a flaming bag of poo on her doorstep

Hope your aim is good when gathering your ammo, using a mirror looking over your shoulder, You may miss the plastic bag. Remember she is someones Mother....Be kind......Trust me it gets their goat up even more.

Last edited by poshnbucks; Mar 31st 2009 at 3:38 pm.