Reload this Page >

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:20 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Phone hacking hypocrisy

Originally Posted by anonimouse
60 years ago ? I see
Up there with your spelling and use of abbreviations , Need I remind you.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:28 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Up there with your spelling and use of abbreviations , Need I remind you.
Step away mate.. step away.....
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:36 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

It takes Two bully boys (and one a concierge), just because I pointed out a wild exaggeration made by one, WOW
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:37 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

It takes Two bully boys (and one a concierge), just because I pointed out a wild exaggeration made by one, WOW
Concierge is obvious,

Who are the bully boys?

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Jul 9th 2011 at 10:51 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:49 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

And there we have it people!
Old Jul 10th 2011, 4:24 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I read today that the NOW has/had the highest circulation in the world

I know I will get slammed for this but is all this hacking stuff such a big deal for the ordinary person? We have had emotive stuff coming out every few hours, Milly Dowlers phone hacked, the mccanns, 7/7 victims (all wrong I know) but it is what newspapers do and why people buy them. Take the Dowler family, their lawyer is criticising the hacking but what about the Father who lied for a long time about his whereabouts that day thus wasting police time, was he any better

If newspapers didn't hack and pay for information we would have never known what a crooked bunch the MP's were, or that members of the royal family were willing to sell themselves. Would it be in the publics interest for newspapers to be censored and not pry?

Also what about the phone companies who earn billions, why aren't their lines made safer to hacking. If some sleazy PD can do it there must be hundreds more out there who can hack and sell the information.
I tend to agree - without dubious methods like hacking, paying for information or using stings to set up fraudsters, how can the salacious reports ever get through? The public wants exposures, it wants to clap as the mighty fall.

The trouble lies with the censors, the concierges and other guardians of what is good for the people to read.

Did they get it right in this case? Can you hack the Royals, murder victims, top politicians and pop stars?

Murdoch said No and closed the paper. You can't argue with Murdoch, he is the top man.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 7:26 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
Murdoch said No and closed the paper. You can't argue with Murdoch, he is the top man.
No, but you can declare him an unfit person to run the empire he seeks to gain.

What applies to the editor applies to the owner in spades.

Either Murdoch knew all about it, in the which case he did nothing to stop it, is thus complicit and is therefore not fit to wield that sort of power.

Or, he knew nothing, did not control his business properly and is thus not a fit person.

Stupid or corrupt?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:13 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

I think there is even more than this, circulation of papers is falling because we read online versions, this has started something new, if a story appears in the mail for example with David Cameron said this, if its unpopular and a lot of negative comments are posted the story disappears,not possible in the printed version, and if a story appears about the economy in the standard only comments agreeing are appearing , this is very new, as for reading text messages its happened for years, there was the story of someone famous I cant remember who a pop star of some sort, he sent a text message saying it went like a bomb and an armed police unit came to his house, when I lived in England I had software called "did they read it?" installed this software which I dont know if it even exists any more told me the second and email was opened and where, and also for how long for, all my emails to Italy were being opened in east London and sometimes India, I am not important or a terrorist so it probably happens to all emails to Italy, maybe its automated looking for key words
Old Jul 10th 2011, 8:59 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
No, but you can declare him an unfit person to run the empire he seeks to gain.

What applies to the editor applies to the owner in spades.

Either Murdoch knew all about it, in the which case he did nothing to stop it, is thus complicit and is therefore not fit to wield that sort of power.

Or, he knew nothing, did not control his business properly and is thus not a fit person.

Stupid or corrupt?
NoW has bit the dust, possibly in name only, however the Murdoch Empires main prize is full control of the Sat business which brings in a massive income compared to the tabloid news.
He's obviously clearing the decks hoping to take over BskyB with a clean sheet and everything else swept under the carpet.

For me the powers that be should step in now and put the block on him for the next five years at least, in view of the fact that the regulations state that such media organisations should only be run by a fit and proper person, in addition to the fact that it would create an increased monopoly situation regardless of whichever way they screw it around and try and dress it up as otherwise.

Somehow I have a feeling that the backscratching will quietly continue behind the scenes as normal and the slimy turd will end up in full control of virtually everything we receive in our living rooms via the magic box.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:03 am
Straw Man.

So now its gone... who will start up the campaigns? Who will push for things like "Sarah's Law"?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:18 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

With Murdoch do we have shades of Elliot Carver of Carver Media Group Network ??
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:26 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Domino
With Murdoch do we have shades of Elliot Carver of Carver Media Group Network ??
Who do you think he was modeled on?
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:32 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
NoW has bit the dust, possibly in name only, however the Murdoch Empires main prize is full control of the Sat business which brings in a massive income compared to the tabloid news.
He's obviously clearing the decks hoping to take over BskyB with a clean sheet and everything else swept under the carpet.

For me the powers that be should step in now and put the block on him for the next five years at least, in view of the fact that the regulations state that such media organisations should only be run by a fit and proper person, in addition to the fact that it would create an increased monopoly situation regardless of whichever way they screw it around and try and dress it up as otherwise.

Somehow I have a feeling that the backscratching will quietly continue behind the scenes as normal and the slimy turd will end up in full control of virtually everything we receive in our living rooms via the magic box.
the enormous costs involved in putting a London Bus up in geo-stationary orbit demand a return on that investment. Hence it is only those with pots of money and multi-stream income that are able to dabble in the provision of media to the masses. The number of people who wish to do so is not expanding to any great extent. However, some are now seeing the advantages from having a football club with its own sat-channel.

as granny used to say "money talks" and those who have will always be providing a fortnight on an island in the Carib or on a private boat to those who sign the approvals.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:34 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly

Yeah, my bet is that no politician will dare to go against Murdoch as the old man has a long memory, and come the next election, god help the political party that dares to call for Murdoch's head.

Basically he will end up as the one in the graveyard who died with the most toys.
Old Jul 10th 2011, 9:39 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah, my bet is that no politician will dare to go against Murdoch as the old man has a long memory, and come the next election, god help the political party that dares to call for Murdoch's head.

Basically he will end up as the one in the graveyard who died with the most toys.
They had some aged political editor on news 24 the other night and he said that Millipede was playing a very dangerous game with his open criticism of Murdoch... and low and behold, there are now questions being asked about his media advisor and him allegedly paying someone to hack into Lord Ashcrofts bank account. I suspect many in "Power" are waiting for the old bastard to die!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.