Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Old Jul 7th 2011, 5:41 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone hacking hypocrisy

I personally think that whatever happens Murdoch will come out of this smelling of roses, don't forget that he is one of the most powerful people on this planet, he tells us what we think... he has told us this is over and in 6 months time it will all be over.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 6:57 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

sunonsunday.co.uk was registered 5 July 2011 by "non-trading individual"

sunonsunday.com was registered in 2007 in Italy and comes up in myspace
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:06 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

The News of the World has been in existence for my entire life, I remember eating chips out of it when I was a kid. Then along came a foreigner and shut it down.

I used to drive an Austin Maxi. Then along came a foreigner and shut the plant down.

I'm not a fan, but I've watched Chelsea play many times. Then along came . . . . ?

Not yet he hasn't, but he could if he wanted to.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:10 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Little doubt he's hoping to carry on as normal once the dust dies down, but
hopefully the heat will now be turned up on his other rags as well as the goose that lays the golden egg, his Sat TV empire.
Yeah. I'd love to see him screwed over that.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 7:35 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah. I'd love to see him screwed over that.
If all of Murdoch is shut down, we'll be sitting at home without TV and without newspapers to read. Actually, it sounds like bliss.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:25 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Domino
sunonsunday.co.uk was registered 5 July 2011 by "non-trading individual"

sunonsunday.com was registered in 2007 in Italy and comes up in myspace
There was much talk of it being called the Sunday Sun and I expect that would have been the preferred choice, however that's not possible as it has been a popular N.E.Sunday paper as long as I can recall.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunday_Sun
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:43 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I personally think that whatever happens Murdoch will come out of this smelling of roses, don't forget that he is one of the most powerful people on this planet, he tells us what we think... he has told us this is over and in 6 months time it will all be over.
As far as Joe Public is concerned Murdoch and his cronies have always smelt more of sewage than of roses, only now the stink is becoming almost unbearable.

The problem is that he still controls such a huge percentage of the UK media so all the powers that be will continue to treat him with undue respect.

Whilst there are numerous calls by MPs for various heads to be delivered on a plate, incl. some who probably didn't even know what was going on, I don't see any sign of either Cameron or Millipede launching a direct assault on Murdoch himself

No doubt with the power and control at his disposal, he could well hold both their destinies in his hands, and well they know it.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 8:50 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
As far as Joe Public is concerned Murdoch and his cronies have always smelt more of sewage than of roses, only now the stink is becoming almost unbearable.

The problem is that he still controls such a huge percentage of the UK media so all the powers that be will continue to treat him with undue respect.

Whilst there are numerous calls by MPs for various heads to be delivered on a plate, incl. some who probably didn't even know what was going on, I don't see any sign of either Cameron or Millipede launching a direct assault on Murdoch himself

No doubt with the power and control at his disposal, he could well hold both their destinies in his hands, and well they know it.
... and like sheep, in 6 months none of us will remember a thing...
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:01 pm
Straw Man.

Andy Coulson expected to be arrested tomorrow... and The Slapper? Probably a big fat bonus!
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:09 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Surely some celebrations tonight, especially from all the people who have been exposed by NOW. Will be triples all round for the Countess of Wessex and Sarah Ferguson not to mention Prescott and many more whose name I have forgotten.
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:26 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Surely some celebrations tonight, especially from all the people who have been exposed by NOW. Will be triples all round for the Countess of Wessex and Sarah Ferguson not to mention Prescott and many more whose name I have forgotten.
I doubt the expected job losses will be celebrating tonight... and I also doubt the people planning to sue them will be...
Old Jul 7th 2011, 9:29 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Sounds like some really nice people will be celebtrating, Jacky.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 6:33 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I can't resist it, the whole affair seems to have taken over the UK, here's a link to make you think:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...INALLY-go.html

It's funny the Mail posting this story, in a year's time we should all know that they are no better than the News of the World.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:31 pm
On the road again.

It can't get any worse surely ?

It's obviously been one giant love-in with MPs of all parties, police, news staff and hired snoopers all in bed together.

Now the cats out the bag its tears and recriminations all round.
Old Jul 8th 2011, 7:38 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HBG
I can't resist it, the whole affair seems to have taken over the UK, here's a link to make you think:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...INALLY-go.html

It's funny the Mail posting this story, in a year's time we should all know that they are no better than the News of the World.
The whole group all the print productions are tied in this little fiasco. Shutting down the N.o.w is acceptable collateral damage at this stage "This is a planned event", As if everyone that was hacked decides to take legal action at potentially 400k a pop "as has been paid to Gordon Taylor" News Internationals wallet could start hurting. A judge would probably award lighter damages due to the wind down of N.o.w well thats what they are hoping. Personally I think they "N.I" should be barred from starting a new publication especially whilst under investigation in criminal proceedings.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.