Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Phone hacking hypocrisy

Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:05 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phone hacking hypocrisy

Originally Posted by anonimouse
another part of British culture gone
An ignominious end to a 168 year old tradition, so a certain amount of sadness is understandable in that respect, despite the fact that much of it's reputation was built on sleaze.

In the end it went into self-destruct and was appropriately destroyed by it's own particular brand of sleaze.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:19 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
What I find funny is that I have yet to meet someone who hasn't jumped for joy that its closing yet it managed to sell over 8 million copies a week...
Just a Slight exaggeration, 2.3 million a week and an average of 3,218,867 last month.

http://tinyurl.com/64ckmop
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:22 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
They're expecting a lot of sales tomorrow. Doubling the print run:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-14081705
They'll likely be collectors items in a few years time.

Wonder if they find space for this one.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-question.html

Ppl. in glasshouses comes to mind.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:28 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bricwood
If you concerned about big brother they can track your phone, they can watch what you pay for and where you are with credit cards , if you are on facebook you are asking for it, plus everything wants to link up now, skype belongs to Microsoft and now links to facebook, and of course they can listen to your calls, they can profile you in seconds, I think facebook is worse than a virus it stores stuff on your PC only a reformat cures but then google knows all your business anyhow and knows your facebook ID , I am glad there is no phone signal where I live sometimes

I do house cleaning for some folk as most round here know, But every new computer screen has a camera built in to it and has adaptive text recognition built in to it, Your lack of phone signal is kettle we forgot to switch off, When I switch on my oh's Tampax warmer your credit card will stop working.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Just a Slight exaggeration, 2.3 million a week and an average of 3,218,867 last month.

Next time I need 3 year old statistics I'll give you a shout, OK?

Oh and its probably better to read the articles you post... "Market-leader The News of the World also lost sales, dropping 2.7% - but it still sold an average of 3,218,867 last month."........... That'll be "last month" three years ago....

But don't worry, someone will report me and it will all be OK... OK?

Last edited by rugbymatt; Jul 9th 2011 at 9:50 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:53 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

My point exactly sales are even more now at 2.4 million a week depending which news group you read from
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:55 pm

Let's not hope they are selling your house. I like statistics that, You know get to the point quickly.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:55 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

My point exactly sales are even more now at 2.4 million a week depending which news group you read from
Your point exactly? What, that your point was wrong? Its best in a discussion to try and actually make sense!
Old Jul 9th 2011, 9:59 pm

I was only trying to point out your exaggeration as I knew you would want confirmation, it wasn't even 8 million three years ago, I doubt it ever was. Maybe you can show us the link to 8 million sales a week?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:03 pm
Straw Man.

I was only trying to point out your exaggeration as I knew you would want confirmation, it wasn't even 8 million three years ago, I doubt it ever was. Maybe you can show us the link to 8 million sales a week?
Ah you see the difference between you and I is that I could not give a crap... its not that important to my life.
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

I read today that the NOW has/had the highest circulation in the world

I know I will get slammed for this but is all this hacking stuff such a big deal for the ordinary person? We have had emotive stuff coming out every few hours, Milly Dowlers phone hacked, the mccanns, 7/7 victims (all wrong I know) but it is what newspapers do and why people buy them. Take the Dowler family, their lawyer is criticising the hacking but what about the Father who lied for a long time about his whereabouts that day thus wasting police time, was he any better

If newspapers didn't hack and pay for information we would have never known what a crooked bunch the MP's were, or that members of the royal family were willing to sell themselves. Would it be in the publics interest for newspapers to be censored and not pry?

Also what about the phone companies who earn billions, why aren't their lines made safer to hacking. If some sleazy PD can do it there must be hundreds more out there who can hack and sell the information.

1950 was the starting point

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/secto...028236.article

1950 News of the World becomes the best selling newspaper in the world with weekly sales of over 8 million.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ah you see the difference between you and I is that I could not give a crap... its not that important to my life.
Until some one else talks what you consider to be crap?
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:11 pm
Straw Man.

Until some one else talks what you consider to be crap?
Nope, until someone shows me 3 year old statistics that pretty much prove only one thing... that they don't read their own links.
Old Jul 9th 2011, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
60 years ago ? I see

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.