Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

People Going Back To UK

People Going Back To UK

Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People Going Back To UK

Originally Posted by Joe King
Education isn't valued by many people today unfortunately.

I know of a family who came to Spain for a two week holiday in Summer 2005 and decided to stay! They put their two children into a local school in September then decided to go back home come Easter 2006. Didn't even tell the school. Neither parent worked while in Spain.

Then for whatever reason they came back again Christmas 2006 and just put their children back into the school - not a word of explanation!

Summer 2007 they went back to the UK - for good this time apparently.

What effect has that had on their children's education and do they even care?
And are all the schools in Spain as those that you say? Didn't they look for another school? Or all the schools non spanish are pure virtuosity? You have a special virtue for the generalization, to worse, and mainly in what refers to Spain. Get rid of those prejudices that are not making you any favor. I don't know which is your dynamic with Spain, but I already answered you (in private) to a quite stupid and ridiculous generalization that you made that in Spain that we harmed to the animals and that people like you had arrived up educating us

It is really insulting (and libelous) the things that I am reading lately

proverb: " Difama, que algo queda " (You defame, that something is)

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 21st 2007 at 12:37 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
And are all the schools in Spain as those that you say? Didn't they look for another school? Or all the schools non spanish are pure virtuosity? You have a special virtue for the generalization, to worse, and mainly in what refers to Spain. Get rid of those prejudices that are not making you any favor. I don't know which is your dynamic with Spain, but I already answered you (in private) to a quite stupid and ridiculous generalization that you made that in Spain that we harmed to the animals and that people like you had arrived up educating us

It is really insulting (and libelous) the things that I am reading lately

proverb: " Difama, que algo queda " (You defame, that something is)
You have misunderstood yet another post. Your English is very good - much better than my Spanish, but sometimes you don't completely understand what is written.

I have already said that the standard of education in schools in Spain is higher than in the UK generally speaking.

My previous post said that some people did not value education. That is not the same as saying that the education is poor.

Similarly, it is the people who put their children in schools only to remove them X months later that are the problem. It has nothing to do with the quality of the schools.

Last edited by Joe King; Dec 21st 2007 at 1:34 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

You have misunderstood yet another post. Your English is very good - much better than my Spanish, but sometimes you don't completely understand what is written.

I have already said that the standard of education in schools in Spain is higher than in the UK generally speaking.

My previous post said that some people did not value education. That is not the same as saying that the education is poor.

Similarly, it is the people who put their children in schools only to remove them X months later are the problem. It has nothing to do with the quality of the schools.
I suppose that then it is a language problem. I apologize to you
Old Dec 21st 2007, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

Joe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud ofJoe King has much to be proud of

I suppose that then it is a language problem. I apologize to you
Tranquilo hombre. No apology necessary. If my Spanish was half as good as your English I would be a very happy man.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 1:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tranquilo hombre. No apology necessary. If my Spanish was half as good as your English I would be a very happy man.
Yours is also meritorious, because you could have gone to any country of English language but you opted for a country with different language, religion, etc...
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:29 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Try Babelfish.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:37 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lmj50
Pete
I can't believe Spain is better than Neath!!
But I know what you mean.
I love Wales and also love my time in Spain, we get there 4 times a year now. In total about 6 weeks.
Still working to get enough cash to move permanently.
ELIZ NAVIDAD Y PROSPERO ANO’ NUEVO

NADOLIG LLAWEN A BLWYDDYN NEWYDD DDA But!!

Leighton
Good to hear from you Leighton.....you've got my number give me a shout when you're over next!

And yes....Spain is better than Neath!
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:41 pm
Mucho Macho

XTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond reputeXTreme has a reputation beyond repute

Hey sos.....ever considered a waiter's gig in a Torquay hotel?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 3:42 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by XTreme
Hey sos.....ever considered a waiter's gig in a Torquay hotel?
Don't mention the war.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:22 pm
Mucho Macho

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Don't mention the war.
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Matt.
Old Dec 21st 2007, 5:34 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by XTreme
Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition Matt.
Is this a good time to mention Spam?
Old Dec 21st 2007, 6:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Beachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to beholdBeachcomber is a splendid one to behold

Last edited by Beachcomber; Dec 21st 2007 at 6:37 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:19 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Yours is also meritorious, because you could have gone to any country of English language but you opted for a country with different language, religion, etc...
Most cannot, as the entry requirements in most English Speaking countries are too hard to achieve and Spain allows us without much problem.

I`m glad a came here now as the views of many here give a good insight to Spain for an Expat.

One thing this shows is how people should never trust the property industry, thanks to programs and good PR people are making huge mistakes in believing the life in Spain is better than the UK.

Mitzy I`m shocked by your comments to me on the other site, after reading this site many have experienced the life I was describing there.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lee8
Most cannot, as the entry requirements in most English Speaking countries are too hard to achieve and Spain allows us without much problem
And that they request in those countries of English language that it is impossible to enter? It is ironic... problems for the british, the country of the english language? Then, if you say it, all is already resolved: Spain is that it is a second plate. As there are not better options, we have to conform us, we go to Spain, not? Second or third category, it is truth?

Very interesting

Originally Posted by lee8
I`m glad a came here now as the views of many here give a good insight to Spain for an Expat.

One thing this shows is how people should never trust the property industry, thanks to programs and good PR people are making huge mistakes in believing the life in Spain is better than the UK.

Mitzy I`m shocked by your comments to me on the other site, after reading this site many have experienced the life I was describing there.
And you where you live, by chance? Like you doesn't go well, then for law (o por cojones, like we say in my land) will the thing go well not for other british, not? You theory is, as if I go to England, I am not lucky (in the work, in the relations with my neighbors, etc) then I say: oh that rubbish of country, that all the spaniards leave this country...believing that my problem, is the problem of all the spanish people

Curious reasoning the yours

Sí, sí, sí...

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 22nd 2007 at 9:43 am.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 9:47 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

And you where you live, by chance?
Malaga.

Like you doesn't go well, then for law (o por cojones, like we say in my land) will the thing go well not for other british, not? You theory is, as if I go to England, I am not lucky (in the work, in the relations with my neighbors, etc) then I say: oh that rubbish of country, that all the spaniards leave this country...believing that my problem, is the problem of all the spanish people

Curious reasoning the yours

Sí, sí, sí...
I`m still trying to work out your point.I think the language is the problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.