Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

People Going Back To UK

People Going Back To UK

Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:13 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: People Going Back To UK

Originally Posted by lee8
Malaga.

I`m still trying to work out your point.I think the language is the problem.
I think he is saying, just cos it doesn`t work out for some people in Spain, it may for others, so don`t say its Spains fault.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:24 am
Banned

Location: What one has not experienced, one will never understand in print
lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
I think he is saying, just cos it doesn`t work out for some people in Spain, it may for others, so don`t say its Spains fault.
I`ve never blamed Spain.

It`s a mixture of lots of factures, I have come across Spaniards with racist/homophobic views, but i don`t label all Spaniards as racist idiots although this do`s come in handy "Me parece que la vena de la lengua pasa por tu culo porque hablas mucho mierda".

Although that may just apply to my Spanish cousins.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:26 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

I`ve never blamed Spain.

It`s a mixture of lots of factures, I have come across Spaniards with racist/homophobic views, but i don`t label all Spaniards as racist idiots although this do`s come in handy "Me parece que la vena de la lengua pasa por tu culo porque hablas mucho mierda".

Although that may just apply to my Spanish cousins.
Convince him, not me ;-))
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 10:34 am
Banned

lee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to alllee8 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jdr
Convince him, not me ;-))
I`m writting to whoever reads my response to your quote, not you directly.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 12:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by sonofspain1973
I find that to make patrimony of certain negative attitudes to the spaniards I believe that it is to sin of hypocrite...I can give many examples of countries that they go for the life of civic (criticizing countries as Spain) and they are really brutal when it doesn't focus them the camera
I`m sure there are, but this is the Spanish section of an Expat site, so we are only discussing Spain, not the rest of the world.

Any Spaniard who cannot critizise Spain is one of two things, both inpolite, one would be an idiot, the other a liar.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

I`m sure there are, but this is the Spanish section of an Expat site, so we are only discussing Spain, not the rest of the world.

Any Spaniard who cannot critizise Spain is one of two things, both inpolite, one would be an idiot, the other a liar.
I criticize my country and other parts of the world. You only criticize my country (as if the worst in the world was exclusive of Spain). That is the difference.

You say your version, and I say mine

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 22nd 2007 at 1:18 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Beachcomber
It has affected me mentally rather than physically or financially and, in common with many Spaniards, I have found many of the policies of this government to be offensive and untenable but I think the breaking point was a recent situation which I have related in another post.

Maybe the answer would be to stop watching Spanish television, stop reading the Spanish press and live, like many foreigners, in total oblivion of the current political and economic situation.

Happily, I am in a position of being able to live more or less where I choose and it is unlikely that I would return to the UK but many people who have moved here have invested every penny they have in what they hoped would be a new life and will find it very difficult to pick up where they left off in their home country.
You really should explain yourself more fully. I read the Spanish news and have not found anything to be "offensive and untenable".
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I criticize my country, and I criticize other parts of the world. You only criticize my country (as if the worst in the world was exclusive of Spain). That is the difference
I find there is good and bad in all nationalities and would never be negative about an individual unless I knew him or her. In general in my part of Spain everyone seems friendly and willing to chat albeit my Spanish is very broken. Most people will say good day to you when walking in the street which is lovely.
I only occasionally come across an unfriendly person and that is quite often a young person. Otherwise most people are very helpful. For my part I am happy living here. There are things I do miss about my part of the UK (South West) but mainly it is friends and family, and also the "buzz".
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:23 pm
Banned

I criticize my country and other parts of the world. You only criticize my country (as if the worst in the world was exclusive of Spain). That is the difference.

You say your version, and I say mine

You`d be hard pressed to seek somebody not criticizing the UK.

Again this is the part of the site discussing Spain, so no I`m not goin to discuss the good and bad about the United States of America.

I`m just as qualified to criticize Spain as you are, I got married in Spain, Baptised my children in Spain and half my family are Spanish, sorry half my Family are Basques, I forgot, sorry.

By the way, why does your writting improve one minute then the next it makes no sense at all.

It`s as if you hidding something.

Last edited by lee8; Dec 22nd 2007 at 1:29 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:30 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

You`d be hard pressed to seek somebody not criticizing the UK.

By the way, why does your writting improve one minute then the next it makes no sense at all.

It`s as if you hidding something.
BABELFISH!!!

Oh and I don't criticize the UK, never will, never have.

Its a beautiful country and I will always think so.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:31 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
BABELFISH!!!
Que.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:36 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Que.
There is a bit of a rumour, I'm not saying if its true or not, that SOS is maybe English, he types out his piece, translates it into Spanish then back into English.

Try it and your posts can sound all screwed up too.

(disclaimer, this view may or may not reflect the opinion of the forum, I am just passing on information(
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I find there is good and bad in all nationalities and would never be negative about an individual unless I knew him or her. In general in my part of Spain everyone seems friendly and willing to chat albeit my Spanish is very broken. Most people will say good day to you when walking in the street which is lovely.
I only occasionally come across an unfriendly person and that is quite often a young person. Otherwise most people are very helpful. For my part I am happy living here. There are things I do miss about my part of the UK (South West) but mainly it is friends and family, and also the "buzz".
I donĀ“t speak in general terms, I don't refer to the british, of course. For example, although among the british there are also hooligans, but also in the spaniards, or any other nationality. Somebody can complain in Spain on the topic of the language with respect to that many british don't want to speak Spanish, they prefer their communities, etc etc etc, but I believe that this is of less, because for general norm you are very educated people (I never heard complaints nor nothing resemblance). Here we know very well what type of foreigners they have arrived in Spain to offend and to make us impossible the life, not only to the spaniards, also to the british, or any other nationality that lives peacefully in Spain

But it is not this the topic. The topic is the that I have with Lee8, that he likes a lot to play the balls

Last edited by Relampago; Dec 22nd 2007 at 2:05 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:50 pm
Banned

But it is not this the topic. The topic is the that I have with Lee8, that he likes a lot to play the balls
No me importa dos cojones Pendejo.
Old Dec 22nd 2007, 1:52 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
There is a bit of a rumour, I'm not saying if its true or not, that SOS is maybe English, he types out his piece, translates it into Spanish then back into English.
That would explain why he sounds strange and nothing like a Spaniard with poor English language skills.

(disclaimer, this view may or may not reflect the opinion of the forum, I am just passing on information(
My view is you have been fooled, fool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.