Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The no Doom only positive comment thread

The no Doom only positive comment thread

Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:21 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future
Default Re: The no Doom only positive comment thread

More positive things about Spain...

...Seeming as I have only been living here 9 months! These points are from my humble 30 something's perspective about living and working here - not living here as a retiree...

The relaxed lifestyle

Conversations don't start with 'so what do you do for a living?'

Freedom to live 'outside of box' - more choices - if you are willing to be flexible! And less pressure 'to fit in' with society (like in UK)

More free time

Longer, sunnier days

We get to 'eat out' more, as it costs less than the UK

Working life here IS slower and more sociable - so we don't get that crazy need to go mad on the weekend like living England. I never wake up thinking 'oh god, I don't want to go to work today'.

A chance to learn a different language and to learn about a different culture

Only 1.5 hr flight to the UK to visit friends and family (and cheap with Ryan air!)

Easier to keep fit and healthy due to the longer, sunnier days

More energy to do stuff - becuase of the warm sun

Long summer breaks (as it is too hot to do anything else - yes, that's TRUE! It's not that the Spanish are lazy...)
Old Oct 4th 2008, 2:28 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

well that sums it up very good replay
Old Oct 4th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Sarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant futureSarleon has a brilliant future

.... Almost forgot... The cheap wine!
Old Oct 4th 2008, 6:46 pm
Banned

jurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of lightjurdyr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sarleon
.... Almost forgot... The cheap wine!
well more off a beer guy here just wine give me a hang over lot faster then beer
jurdy