Account Closed

El Capitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The no Doom only positive comment thread

Well, I am sure you know the progression bil :

there is lies
then there is damn lies
and then there are statistics
and then there is the sh1te you read on internet forums

You have to be selective how you use statistics and even more so when reading internet forums.
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 9:26 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by El Capitan
Well, I am sure you know the progression bil :

there is lies
then there is damn lies
and then there is the sh1te you read on internet forums

You have to be selective how you use statistics and even more so when reading internet forums.
Yeah,
there is lies
then there is damn lies
and then there is the sh1te you read on internet forums,
(SNIP)

Last edited by Mitzyboy; Aug 3rd 2008 at 2:09 pm. Reason: Please refer to rule 1
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Yeah. It's a really nice area. We are between Gib and Cadiz, and about 20 mins from the sea.

The house is right down a dead end road, so the traffic is minimal, and at night it is as tho someone pulled a big soft duvet over the village. We love it in the evening, going into the garden to watch Vejer lighting up like a xmas tree as the evening slips over the countryside.

I wish to god we could both just go out there and disappear, but at least the next step means Jan will be out there full time while I commute. At least that way I get to spend half the year out there.

Sorry I just "disappeared" earlier bil

I had to go and see some friends in the village, but got waylaid by several of my neighbours en route (as so often happens!)

My friends weren't in after all, but I ended up spending an hour with their Mum and all her neighbours instead!
Then it was on to the bar in the Plaza, where I've been sitting ever since, with the family that run the bar...............and I've only just got in
It's one of the many reasons that I love life here!

Anyway, I just wanted to say that where you live sounds idyllic - a really lovely spot.
You painted a very romantic vision of nightfall too; I could just imagine it.

It sounds like you've got some positive changes ahead - so I hope that everything works out well for you both, and that you will be able to spend as much time as possible here with Jan.

Off to bed now, so goodnight................and enjoy thoughts of that wonderfully poetic vision that you described.
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 12:51 am
loving life

abbytuttut will become famous soon enoughabbytuttut will become famous soon enough

sooooooooooooooooo ........... this happy No Doom only positive comments thread ??? lol
disintegrated !!
and here was I hoping to find something reallly reaaaaaaaallly positive from ppl in sunny spain

actually I enjoyed the majority of the thread, I've checked in a couple of times just to read what is going on and I was getting pretty fed up of all the moaning and negativity regarding spain to be honest.......... was making me re-think about whether I want to move over there or not
I love my island but I realise I am ready for a change and hence moving over there in March next yr. (was going in June this yr but a major health problem cropped up and so it is on hold for now, least till the doc says YES! lol )

anyway thats my first post go gentle with me ppl, I am off to create my profile.

abby

appreciate me now and avoid the rush
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The bickering stops now
Last warning

Back on topic please as per OP

Abbytuttut, welcome to the forum
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
I have only ever had an in and out hernia op
So they didn’t fix it then?
Old Aug 3rd 2008, 7:07 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Very good.

I tell you what, if you had had one, you would wince at that. In the week after, to cough was agony, and even to think of sneezing just made me feel faint.

Mine was an inguinal, but not too bad. Someone I know had one which was so bad that a positive loop of intestine used to protrude into his scrotum, which made him look as tho he was hung like King Kong.

It's made me be a lot more careful. I never, ever want to go thru that again.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4699475.ece

With any luck, Kaletsky is right and this is at least the beginning of the end for the global credit crunch.

The UK economy is in its own particular mess, but at any rate there should be limited contagion from the rest of the world. So as the dollar continues to hold and even strengthen a bit more, we might see a bit of a recovery in Sterling against the Euro. The pound should hold anyway, (barring any more stupidities from nos 10 and 11, which is as always very far from a foregone conmclusion).
Old Sep 8th 2008, 2:46 pm
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

Would Fannie Mae go down well in the UK? We like rather more solid sounding institutions really, don’t we, like Northern Rock?
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:14 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by abbytuttut
sooooooooooooooooo ........... this happy No Doom only positive comments thread ??? lol
disintegrated !!
and here was I hoping to find something reallly reaaaaaaaallly positive from ppl in sunny spain

actually I enjoyed the majority of the thread, I've checked in a couple of times just to read what is going on and I was getting pretty fed up of all the moaning and negativity regarding spain to be honest.......... was making me re-think about whether I want to move over there or not
I love my island but I realise I am ready for a change and hence moving over there in March next yr. (was going in June this yr but a major health problem cropped up and so it is on hold for now, least till the doc says YES! lol )

anyway thats my first post go gentle with me ppl, I am off to create my profile.

abby

appreciate me now and avoid the rush
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:05 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=El Capitan;6639788]Well, I am sure you know the progression bil :

there is lies
then there is damn lies
and then there is the tripe fed to us by politicians and business men with hidden agendas.

IMO

But if you live in Spain at least you have the sunshine :-)

Last edited by george43; Sep 9th 2008 at 8:07 am.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

Now here is a tale of mixed emotions.
Sunday night I won a lovely big bar of whole nut chocolate in a raffle.
Decided to eat the last square this morning after breakfast .
Opened the wrapper and it is empty
How depressing is that !
Old Sep 9th 2008, 9:22 am
loving life

abbytuttut will become famous soon enoughabbytuttut will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by george43
Now here is a tale of mixed emotions.
Sunday night I won a lovely big bar of whole nut chocolate in a raffle.
Decided to eat the last square this morning after breakfast .
Opened the wrapper and it is empty
How depressing is that !
EXTREMELY!!! tuttut!!
............... sooooooooooooo? do u have a chocolate thief ?
or did u just have a choccy midnight munch that u forgot about?
lol
Old Sep 9th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Justlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud ofJustlookin has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bigglesworth
http://business.timesonline.co.uk/to...cle4699475.ece

With any luck, Kaletsky is right and this is at least the beginning of the end for the global credit crunch.
I liked the comment that appeared by one of the people who had read the article. It was pointed out that in effect his predictions were not that reliable as he said inflation was/would be 5% but on the very same day the Times announced a 15% increase in the cost of the paper
Old Sep 11th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Enthusiast

SaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of lightSaritaBarcelona is a glorious beacon of light

Craiginspain, where do you live? You say the people in your area are particularly racist etc. I am thinking of moving to another area from Barcelona and don't want to go from the frying pan into the fire. (not to be interpreted as a negative comment, honestly!)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.