Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The no Doom only positive comment thread

The no Doom only positive comment thread

Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:51 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default The no Doom only positive comment thread

We all seem to be worried about cash/employment here in Spain but although I do not put those thoughts on the back burner I would like to hear your positive things about living here. I know our various locations within Spain vary quiet a lot but maybe some cheer would help those who want to come and live here and weigh up those comments with the sound Economic/Doom gloom advice this forum offers. remember you have sunshine.

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 11:57 pm

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: The no Doom only positive comment thread

Heres a piccy of Posh just to get you ......errmmmmmmmm She don't come cheap thats for sure.....

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:40 am.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

george43 will become famous soon enough

Great idea for a thread, we could do with some positive thinking. One thing I know for sure is that my health problems diminish after a few days in Spian.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

OH used to suffer from gout badly in the UK. Since being here for four years he has never had another attack.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Our children are healthier and happier since moving to Spain. Off the top of my head, I can't think of anything in life that matters more than that...
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:30 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

The positive attitude of Spanish people.

Rosemary
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:13 am
Grapes are good 4 U !

GrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud ofGrapeEater has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
...thumbsup: remember you have sunshine.
Most of the time !!
Seriously, some people in this Forum are just Gloom Merchants, with nothing better to do.

Well done Posh - I think sometimes you HAVE to remind yourself that Spain is a better place to live than UK, certainly at the moment...

I like a lot of things here... this morning I got up and swam - I couldn't afford a pool in UK nor did the British summer allow me the luxury of sun heated water. Lovely way to start the day !!!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

a lot more freedom for the kids
Old Jul 17th 2008, 9:47 am
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by The Oddities
The positive attitude of Spanish people.

Rosemary
Hear, hear! That’s why we decided to go to Spain many years ago! We just had to wait quite a while for certain things like the daughters’ educational requirements. The UK has deteriorated beyond belief in that time, but the negatives of the UK were never a part of our decision. It was always the positives of Spain.

Things like the recession are meaningless when you have a positive attitude. A sense of humour is I think the only other requirement.

And a pool of course!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The no Doom only positive comment thread

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
OH used to suffer from gout badly in the UK. Since being here for four years he has never had another attack.
Must be the better quality of red wine!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 10:55 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the cost of living is less, the weather nicer, like the poster above says, the aches and pains diminish there, the beaches are nicer, the language is fun, the people more outgoing and friendly, the food better, especially the seafood, the tapas are great, the cafe culture delightful, the work/living balance good, there's more community spirit.

That'll do for starters.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:55 am
Forum Regular

toyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud oftoyboy23 has much to be proud of

All right, but apart from the cost of living, the weather, the aches and pains diminishing, the beaches, people being more outgoing and friendly, the food (especially the seafood and the tapas) the cafe culture, the work/living balance, and the community spirit, what have the Spanish ever done for us?
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

twyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond reputetwyntub has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by toyboy23
All right, but apart from the cost of living, the weather, the aches and pains diminishing, the beaches, people being more outgoing and friendly, the food (especially the seafood and the tapas) the cafe culture, the work/living balance, and the community spirit, what have the Spanish ever done for us?
You missed out the big, wide roads with little traffic...
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:19 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe this will cheer you up too.
http://www.expatica.com/es/articles/...y-of-life.html
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:35 pm
Just Joined

IT LAD is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by GrapeEater
I like a lot of things here... this morning I got up and swam - I couldn't afford a pool in UK nor did the British summer allow me the luxury of sun heated water. Lovely way to start the day !!!
Yes, that sounds a lovley way to start the day...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.