Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 6th 2022, 6:43 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Originally Posted by UKMS
Interesting….. what was the process for the ban ? How is it documented ?
He was stopped when he checked in at the airport and interviewed. He was told that he would not be permitted to enter shengen for 3 years from the date of his departure.
I guess it is documented and enforced in exactly the same way as anyone who is deported?

Last edited by missile; Aug 6th 2022 at 6:47 am.
Old Aug 6th 2022, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
He was stopped when he checked in at the airport and interviewed. He was told that he would not be permitted to enter shengen for 3 years from the date of his departure.
I guess it is documented and enforced in exactly the same way as anyone who is deported?
What a wake up call and what a departure from the good old days of EU freedom of movement. Scary stuff. Your friend will be the first of many UK nationals to be banned from Schengen as the cold, harsh reality of Brexit kicks in and the British finally realise the days of taking extended time out to travel around the EU are well and truly over.

I would assume your friend will be refused an ETHIAS visa until their three years is up.
Old Aug 6th 2022, 8:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Mark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond reputeMark604 has a reputation beyond repute

I understand there would be other records, but was his passport stamped/marked with a denial?
Old Aug 6th 2022, 10:50 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
I understand there would be other records, but was his passport stamped/marked with a denial?
That would be ineffective. He could simply claim he lost it and get a new one.
I expect that the system would raise a red flag to the man checking passports on arrival.
Old Aug 6th 2022, 11:02 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
Yes, passport will be stamped and he would be given letter explaining decision and under which act of law.
It is also recorded on national database and SIS. Every EU state will have access to record.
Every time passport is swiped at border, data is checked against many EU databases.
Yes, you can change passport, but you cant change your identity.
Old Aug 6th 2022, 1:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

SanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond reputeSanNico has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
Scary stuff. How long had he overstayed?
Old Aug 7th 2022, 1:58 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71
What a wake up call and what a departure from the good old days of EU freedom of movement. Scary stuff. Your friend will be the first of many UK nationals to be banned from Schengen as the cold, harsh reality of Brexit kicks in and the British finally realise the days of taking extended time out to travel around the EU are well and truly over.

I would assume your friend will be refused an ETHIAS visa until their three years is up.
To be honest, the overwhelming majority of people who voted for Brexit (I was one of them rightly or wrongly) couldnt care less about staying more than 90 days out of 180 in the EU. It affects only a very small percentage of UK citizens, second home owners, travelling students and some business men. and Women. So all this talk of scary stuff, and cold harsh realities of Brexit, is pretty much of a non issue for the vast majority of UK citizens. Agreed its a pain for some people, but for the majority, its not even an issue.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave7777
To be honest, the overwhelming majority of people who voted for Brexit (I was one of them rightly or wrongly) couldnt care less about staying more than 90 days out of 180 in the EU. It affects only a very small percentage of UK citizens, second home owners, travelling students and some business men. and Women. So all this talk of scary stuff, and cold harsh realities of Brexit, is pretty much of a non issue for the vast majority of UK citizens. Agreed its a pain for some people, but for the majority, its not even an issue.
90 days is more than enough for 99.9% of Brits. Hence the reason they voted to leave. British government would rather people spend their life savings in the uk than Europe hence the reason they left.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 3:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dave7777
So what are you doing on an expat forum?

Old Aug 7th 2022, 3:56 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

What a stupid comment.

I also voted for Brexit and agree 100% with dave7777

Why shouldn't we be on expat forums - we can share our knowledge and help others!
Old Aug 7th 2022, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stingychips
90 days is more than enough for 99.9% of Brits. Hence the reason they voted to leave. British government would rather people spend their life savings in the uk than Europe hence the reason they left.
Is that why you were so afraid of having your passport stamped, why you want an Irish passport and why you spent so much time trying to circumvent the 90/180 day rule?

Old Aug 7th 2022, 4:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by snikpoh
What a stupid comment.

I also voted for Brexit and agree 100% with dave7777

Why shouldn't we be on expat forums - we can share our knowledge and help others!
Yeah right, you wanted to help expats so much you voted to make their lives much more difficult. Bravo.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Is that why you were so afraid of having your passport stamped, why you want an Irish passport and why you spent so much time trying to circumvent the 90/180 day rule?

I’ve give up on that option. My fbr is still in process but i changed my mind last summer about fully moving away from the UK. I seen how poor it was in my village in Catalonia and how little job opportunities they were. The heat waves there have been starting earlier every year and they are getting worse. And the winter is also harsh and much colder than the uk. So you have to spend lots of money on fuel to warm/cool your house whilst in the UK you don’t. I just go to my house in Catalonia for holidays now so yea , the 90 day rule is absolutely more than enough. I don’t want to work in Spain for poor wages and higher taxes. I’m glad Brexit made me think twice about upping sticks because i probably would have just left the uk and i know I would have regretted it.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

if I knew what I knew now I would have rather spent the money I spent on the fbr on something more useful.
Old Aug 7th 2022, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

dave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond reputedave7777 has a reputation beyond repute

Although I dont think I need to explain myself to you the reason , why I am on here I will this once.
We own a chalet in Valencia province, purchased at the start of the year , haven't moved into it yet, as we have some maintenance , and work to be done before then.
I really dont think the fact that I voted for Brexit has anything to do with my being on this site. Ridiculous to say otherwise in my opinion
I had a vote, no idea if you did also, so I voted what I thought was best for the country on the whole. Why should i take other peoples situations into account when i cast my vote? Whether its made your life harder or it hasn't. is, sorry to say, for you to worry about .
Brexit and the 90 day rule and freedom of movement makes no difference to me. I am a dual UK/Ireland citizen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.