Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 18th 2022, 12:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Originally Posted by DLC
An image search lead to this, which appears to be earliest source. Looks okay to me.
It does actually look fine. It’s interesting that he or she wasn’t asked for anything. If it’s enforced it’s fine by me. Will potentially rid various places of problematic brits abroad.
Old Aug 19th 2022, 8:30 am
Just Joined

den morris is an unknown quantity at this point

" Will potentially rid places of problematic brits abroad" .
If I may be permitted to say so that is a generic and quite insulting statement to make .
Are you suggesting that British travellers in EU are all problematic bumbling idiots and what puts you in the position to think that you deserve some kind of travelling superiority ?
If I have misunderstood your post then please ignore me and I apologise .
Old Aug 19th 2022, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by den morris
" Will potentially rid places of problematic brits abroad" .
If I may be permitted to say so that is a generic and quite insulting statement to make .
Are you suggesting that British travellers in EU are all problematic bumbling idiots and what puts you in the position to think that you deserve some kind of travelling superiority ?
If I have misunderstood your post then please ignore me and I apologise .
You have misunderstood me but I wont ignore you and I will explain By the way I am British and I live abroad and travel a lot so I feel well qualified to pass comment on the problematic behaviour of brits that I have at times witnessed in a number of countries. Its nothing to do with superiority its an observation from first hand experience.

Its not insulting at all .... perhaps I would have been better wording it as "rid places of brits abroad who are problematic" .... I deliberately said brits abroad rather than brits in the EU because its not unique to the EU.

If there is anything that reduces the number of problematic Brits travelling then surely that is for the good of all ?

Hope that helps put my comment into context
Old Aug 26th 2022, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

I have received a reply from the Commission. I asked about dual third country nationals trying to work the system hence the reference to Indian nationals as an example:

"Thank you for contacting the Europe Direct Contact Centre.

In accordance with the general rules on the separation of lanes (Article 10(2) of the 'Regulation (EU) 2016/399 (Schengen Borders Code)')',' persons enjoying the right of free movement under Union law are entitled to use the lanes indicated by the sign ‘EU, EEA, CH’.

This will not change once the Entry-Exit System comes into force.

In the case of a dual UK-Indian national, such an abuse would not be possible as ETIAS only applies to visa waiver nationalities. Citizens of India need a visa to enter the Schengen area. The person in question would thus not be able to obtain ETIAS authorisation on the basis of their Indian passport.

More broadly, and even in the case of persons who hold two visa waiver nationalities, applicants will have to indicate if they hold a second nationality while applying for ETIAS authorisation.

For detailed information on the information applicants will have to provide, please consult Article 17 of the ETIAS Regulation: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32018R1240

We hope you find this information useful. Please contact us again if you have other questions about the European Union, its activities or institutions."

If you can't open the link, just search for Article 17 of ETIAS and it will open.

Last edited by Lou71; Aug 26th 2022 at 11:48 am.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 1:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
You have misunderstood me but I wont ignore you and I will explain By the way I am British and I live abroad and travel a lot so I feel well qualified to pass comment on the problematic behaviour of brits that I have at times witnessed in a number of countries. Its nothing to do with superiority its an observation from first hand experience.

Its not insulting at all .... perhaps I would have been better wording it as "rid places of brits abroad who are problematic" .... I deliberately said brits abroad rather than brits in the EU because its not unique to the EU.

If there is anything that reduces the number of problematic Brits travelling then surely that is for the good of all ?

Hope that helps put my comment into context
I think you should of just written problematic holidaymaker’s and not “picked” on a certain country/peoples . I have extensively travelled and lived/worked overseas, I have two passports (I could have a further two) and nothing surprises me about holidaymakers no matter where they are from their behaviour (whether holidaying in their own countries or overseas) is equally as bad so from this knowledge I do not judge a few “bad apples” and let that sway my opinion of other countries because of the behaviour I have seen.
Old Aug 26th 2022, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by brits1
I think you should of just written problematic holidaymaker’s and not “picked” on a certain country/peoples . I have extensively travelled and lived/worked overseas, I have two passports (I could have a further two) and nothing surprises me about holidaymakers no matter where they are from their behaviour (whether holidaying in their own countries or overseas) is equally as bad so from this knowledge I do not judge a few “bad apples” and let that sway my opinion of other countries because of the behaviour I have seen.
I respect your opinion …. But don’t need a lecture about what I should and shouldn’t write.

Im a Brit … it’s a British expat forum and if my experiences have involved Brits I’m quite comfortable calling that out and writing about it.
Old Aug 28th 2022, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

I very rarely have seen Brits causing problems in Spain. I have however seen plenty of Morrocans robbing people at knife point. When I watch the national police documentary’s on Spanish TV , it’s not British nationals that are getting arrested. There was an interesting documentary on Netflix about the area of La Linea. Again it wasn’t featuring any Brits.
Old Aug 28th 2022, 1:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stingychips
I very rarely have seen Brits causing problems in Spain. I have however seen plenty of Morrocans robbing people at knife point. When I watch the national police documentary’s on Spanish TV , it’s not British nationals that are getting arrested. There was an interesting documentary on Netflix about the area of La Linea. Again it wasn’t featuring any Brits.
Good to know ….. somewhere to avoid !
Old Aug 28th 2022, 1:40 pm
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

I very rarely have seen Brits causing problems in Spain.
Neither have I but I know if I put something like "detenidos britanicos" in Google I'll get a list which is more reliable than an anecdote.
Old Aug 28th 2022, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond reputeStingychips has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
Neither have I but I know if I put something like "detenidos britanicos" in Google I'll get a list which is more reliable than an anecdote.
Yes I’m sure you will but if you also type in Detenidos holandeses, or Albanian or morrocans or Bulgarians you’ll see them also. The stereotype British lager lout that has had a little too much to drink does not even compare.
Old Aug 28th 2022, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

The stereotype British lager lout that has had a little too much to drink does not even compare.
I know we are drifting OT

For me what’s more relevant is personal experience rather than what you can Google or watch on Netflix, this tends to be slanted in whatever direction the producers want to take you and whatever the agenda is, albeit very interesting to watch sometimes.

Also comes down to where you live or visit or what airport you use. On occasions I’ve witnessed some pretty poor behaviour at UK airports and on aircraft, so difficult to blame other nationalities for that. These days I tend to avoid areas where boozed up holidaymakers or robbers or whatever will be, whatever the nationality.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

My son arrived in Tenerife yesterday (on a direct flight from UK) , passport was read electronically, nothing else asked and no passport stamp (contrary to the passport stamping myth )
Old Sep 20th 2022, 5:33 am
Just Joined

onmyway2022 is an unknown quantity at this point

Input from my own experiences. I have flown into Germany and Spain( Balearics) , by car to France .... on ALL occasions my passport was checked electronically ( which in theory should give you a entry timestamp point - but perhaps the system does not yet support an alert when leaving ) AND I had my passport stamped on entry/exit. Officials looked at the stamp dates.

So yes slows it down a bit with manual stamping. ( frankly the slowest part has always been the electronic scan in my experiences)
Old Sep 20th 2022, 6:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by UKMS
My son arrived in Tenerife yesterday (on a direct flight from UK) , passport was read electronically, nothing else asked and no passport stamp (contrary to the passport stamping myth )
It's not a myth and one single experience proves nothing whatsoever.
Old Sep 20th 2022, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Ronnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond reputeRonnyone has a reputation beyond repute

I flew into Alicante from UK a week ago. All uk passport holders have to show passport and it appeared to me that the vast majority were stamped. Having said that my son flew to Sweden and his passport was only electronically gated in both Sweden and on return to Spain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.