Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Old Aug 16th 2022, 7:32 am
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New entry travel rules from non EU / Schengen countries

Originally Posted by UKMS
Time will obviously tell …..
Of course.

The EU Commission speaking on a matter of policy vs a bloke on an expat forum's opinion.

Time is what will sort out who had it right.
Old Aug 16th 2022, 10:43 am
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DLC
And maybe some way of having someone press a button and redirecting those people they don't like the look of for a manual check too.
This is already done at many airports efficiently using e-gates. There is generally a funnel to a border agent if for some reason you can’t pass through or if they don’t want you to pass through
Old Aug 16th 2022, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark604
So EU passports will go through e-gates. UK passports will go through e-gates and UK passports with EU residency will be manual.
EU or Schengen passports holders will always go on e-gates, unless faulty.
Non-EU/Schengen passport holders on short stay (90days or less) will go to e-gates. Nationals with any EU right to stay over 90 days, go to manual boots.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 9:37 am
Just Joined

den morris is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been following this thread with great interest and I would like to bring to the Forum's attention a small detail I have not yet seen mentioned to do with the requirement to provide proof of sufficient finances for the duration of stay in Schengen . It has already been mentioned that neither banking phone apps nor credit and debit cards will be accepted as proof , only bank statements will suffice . Having read this I logged into my online banking to see what I could print off to possibly fit the bill , and was quite surprised to find that my current account statement did not give any names but did display the account number and sort code . Would this mean that I would have to show the border guard my credit card to link my name to the printed statement so he could then cross check the name in my passport ? All this kefuffle at Border Control would certainly cause delays and probably a few frayed tempers and I truly hope that all the necessary checks will be included in one's ETIAS application .
Old Aug 17th 2022, 10:49 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

Info is here.

Safest thing seems to be a bank card + monthly account statement on paper + mini statement from cash machine so it's up to date since they won't allow bank letters or online banking?

If you are asked for it then it's probably because of a random check or you look like the kind of person they don't want visiting so you'd have to be unlucky.

Last edited by DLC; Aug 17th 2022 at 10:52 am.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Lou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond reputeLou71 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to write to the EU for some clarity on this and find out exactly how EES will be integrated into the system and how third country nationals will be checked.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

It's probably good to make traveling as uncomfortable as possible. In truth we should be discussing climate change and what we need to do to prevent Europe from turning into a desert. Not flying and radically limiting traveling should be pushed and encouraged by all politicians.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lou71
I'm going to write to the EU for some clarity on this and find out exactly how EES will be integrated into the system and how third country nationals will be checked.
Good lord ! …. Those peasant third party nationals, they should be banished 😂

Don’t you think it will differ port to port (as is to some degree now) ?

The reality is the EU won’t know their ar$e from their elbow this far out
Old Aug 17th 2022, 5:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Of course.

The EU Commission speaking on a matter of policy vs a bloke on an expat forum's opinion.

Time is what will sort out who had it right.
You mean a PR agency dealing with 1000’s of questions each week from punters speaking on a matter of policy that is yet to come into force vs a bloke on an Internet forum …. Exactly 😁 …… of course journalists and the EU always give out 100% correct info don’t they? Much like forum posters.

but aren’t you are also a poster on an Internet forum with some very strong opinions at times ? …. Just saying 😉 …

Reality is it’s all mute at the moment and likely will be for a very long time.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 8:43 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing mute about it.

The Commission is quite happy to divulge what's in store and has done so on multiple occasions. If you want to go on insisting there's any doubt about it, based on whatever goes on elsewhere, fine. However, I believe that the chief requirements and functionality have already been decided long ago and it's only the implementation that remains to be done.
Old Aug 17th 2022, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Red Eric
Nothing mute about it.

The Commission is quite happy to divulge what's in store and has done so on multiple occasions. If you want to go on insisting there's any doubt about it, based on whatever goes on elsewhere, fine. However, I believe that the chief requirements and functionality have already been decided long ago and it's only the implementation that remains to be done.
Fair enough ….. you have your beliefs I have mine …. We are not poles apart ….. we just perhaps view things slightly differently based on our own experiences. I actually hope it works out and is genuinely efficient for everyone. The real world does tell us though that any system of this kind takes quite a while to bed in although I’m quite sure the EU will have learnt a lot from some of the wrinkles and challenges that other countries and regions have experienced some instances of which have taken years to perfect.
Old Aug 18th 2022, 9:00 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Seems pretty clear to me :-)
Old Aug 18th 2022, 9:14 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

DLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond reputeDLC has a reputation beyond repute

We hold all the cards... and proof of return travel and accommodation and will have it prepared for inspection.
Old Aug 18th 2022, 9:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by missile
Seems pretty clear to me :-)
Hilarious. 😁…. . what about the letter of invitation and the printed, signed and stamped bank statements with the bank mangers fingerprint in blood.

Great photoshop 😂

Last edited by UKMS; Aug 18th 2022 at 9:18 am.
Old Aug 18th 2022, 9:28 am
DLC
BE Forum Addict

An image search lead to this, which appears to be earliest source. Looks okay to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.