Moving back !

Old May 12th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all
Default Re: Moving back !

Originally Posted by Relampago
You don't speak to me of stupidities of racism, you seem of the English Media that has mania to Spain and the Spaniards. In United Kingdom have had songs of racism against the Turks when they have played in the english stadiums, or with the Tottenham that is a Jewish Football Club, for to give some examples, and for this reason I don't think that all the British are racist, so your argument of the racism in Spain is really poor and demagogue. I already say, you seem of the English Media that they are idiotic, because here one masquerades of black, then all we are racist? Please, that we are adults
No offence,but i really dont understand what you are saying.....im not good with words,some of the ones you come out with confuse me.My wife has just come over to read what you have written and her 1st words were ,not all Spanish are bad,but a lot are everything i have said before in my posts.Maybe we have just dealt with a lot of the wrong type,including the police,gotta be worlds worse for black money.
Old May 12th 2009, 8:32 pm
Account Closed

kaff99 is an unknown quantity at this point

HimnHer

Just to go back to your first post.

I just wanted to wish you all the best for when you return to the UK.

Living anywhere has its problems (more so if you don't know the language)

At least your son is going home at a good time education wise. Plus he speaks Spanish which is an added bonus.

If we were to go back to the Uk, it would be when my daughter is 12.

K
Old May 12th 2009, 8:41 pm
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Read spanish forums if you want to know what the locals think of the British, Puercos is used frequently. Being able to speak the language does not make life any easier, we are just looked on as cash cards. The more you speak with them the more you realise how racist they are.

Is remplago son of spain or just similar
Old May 12th 2009, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kaff99
HimnHer

At least your son is going home at a good time education wise. Plus he speaks Spanish which is an added bonus.

K
Thank you Kaff,we are looking forward to it,our son is looking forward to it too,he goes a week b4 we do and is staying at his nans until we arrive in the car.........with our animals!!!! So are you considering going back too as well?
Old May 12th 2009, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jackytoo
Read spanish forums if you want to know what the locals think of the British, Puercos is used frequently. Being able to speak the language does not make life any easier, we are just looked on as cash cards. The more you speak with them the more you realise how racist they are.

Totally agree with you jackytoo.....like i have said we have Spanish connections with our niece and nephew and they tell us how the majority like us here coz we keep their country going,but they dont like us! Thats why they try to cheat us out of money.We have had one spanish woman denounce us took us to court saying our dog bit her,and the bloody dog ws behind our gate,she still wants 3 grand,1 grand for emotinal(spelt that wrong) problems,15 days off work and a scar! the dog didnt touch her,it barked!But our Spanish neigbour told us all Spanish like to claim from the english coz they know the courts wont let an english person win a case.
Old May 12th 2009, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Unmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really niceUnmutual is just really nice

I've been here since 2005 and never encountered any problems with the Spanish whatsoever.

I feel that not everybody is cut out to live in Spain.....probably only a small percentage I'd say.

If it didn't work then that's just one of those things. After all....it is their country, not ours.
Old May 12th 2009, 9:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HimnHer
Thank you Kaff,we are looking forward to it,our son is looking forward to it too,he goes a week b4 we do and is staying at his nans until we arrive in the car.........with our animals!!!! So are you considering going back too as well?
echo what Kaff says...our son is doing his Spanish GCSE (he is 13), he has already done his oral and has got his listening this week and writing next....he has slotted back into school here nicely (was hard at first but he has soon adjusted)
Old May 12th 2009, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spain
echo what Kaff says...our son is doing his Spanish GCSE (he is 13), he has already done his oral and has got his listening this week and writing next....he has slotted back into school here nicely (was hard at first but he has soon adjusted)
Well i wish him all the best,im sure he will do well.How are u managing to get by now you are back home?
Old May 12th 2009, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by kaff99
HimnHer

K
My Daughter is now 12, been there since seven ,she would not go back to Uk now .I think I would be betraying her if I even suggested it ,not that I want to .
Old May 12th 2009, 10:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HimnHer
Totally agree with you jackytoo.....like i have said we have Spanish connections with our niece and nephew and they tell us how the majority like us here coz we keep their country going,but they dont like us! Thats why they try to cheat us out of money.We have had one spanish woman denounce us took us to court saying our dog bit her,and the bloody dog ws behind our gate,she still wants 3 grand,1 grand for emotinal(spelt that wrong) problems,15 days off work and a scar! the dog didnt touch her,it barked!But our Spanish neigbour told us all Spanish like to claim from the english coz they know the courts wont let an english person win a case.
I find this a bit unfair ,All my neighbours practically are Spanish and in 5 + years I can say I have never encountered this as I said in previous post on a different thread some of them couldn't do enough for me e.g I had my pool pump repaired 60 Euro (cheap I thought ) didnt have cash om me at time as he came 10 mins after my wife rang him he said manana (that was about three months ,couldn't get hold of him ) I think my wife managed to catch him on the road one day and there has been loads of similar incidents with Spanish people. I can honestly say I never feel I have been ripped off by them ,then again I don't recall being ripped off by the Brits either ,I think sometimes people can leave themselves susceptible to this ,In Spain visitors seem to be in a surreal environment ,but like anywhere else if you leave yourself open you most likely will get ripped off .I once heard a family say the cost of living was really high in Spain ,but they actually never really left UK as they went to all the English shops etc paid an arm and leg for everything ended up skint and went back to UK ( if you are not really affluent ,you cannot survive like that )
Old May 12th 2009, 11:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo

If we all are racist (and you, an angel of light) then I deduce that you should be masochistic or idiotic because you live here. I remarked a comment without insulting to nobody, not like you or the person that opened the post, that you are very versed in the easy insult

Last edited by Relampago; May 13th 2009 at 12:24 am.
Old May 13th 2009, 6:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Reading some of the things on this forum, even I am thinking racist anti-British remarks - and I am British!

Playing the racism card is pathetic. On the positive note, now Himnher is going back to the UK, then he and his family will be happier and his Spanish neighbours will be. So wins all round
Old May 13th 2009, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Relampago
If we all are racist (and you, an angel of light) then I deduce that you should be masochistic or idiotic because you live here. I remarked a comment without insulting to nobody, not like you or the person that opened the post, that you are very versed in the easy insult
Wish you would read my posts properly,i didnt say u were all racists,im no angel either and the other stuff u put i dont understand.Not going through it again......anyway you cant say im wrong,coz i have been through it and know im not wrong,what i have said is correct.Inur eyes u r correct too.End of the day i will do whats best for me and you do whats best for u,no good trying to tell me what is right,coz its wrong...............for me.
Old May 13th 2009, 8:30 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I am a great believer in that you reap what you sew.
In the 3 odd years I have been here and the 5 years we have owned property here I have seen little of the nefgativity of which you speak.

All the Spanish tradesmen I have used have been completely fair in my dealings with them. My Spanish neighbour, far from trying to take advantage of me, has gone out of his way to help us at every turn, including helping to carry 1400 ladrillos down the steps from the road to our villa

The local people have always been friendly to us. We understand that in their culture, not saying thank you to us doesnt mean they are being rude. Just because their language sounds aggressive to me, doesnt mean they are being unfriendly.

I dont ever expect that they will accept me as a fellow countryman, or regard me in the same way as they do their own. Much in the same way we dont tend to regard our immigrant population in the UK as fellow countrymen. To call the Spanish racist is rather strange, because when you look at our country they are really no more racist than we have been, and to some extent still are.

You can get ripped off in the UK. You can get ripped off in Spain. Thats life unfortunately!! The only time I ever got ripped off here was by a Brit .... thats why I very seldom use Brit tradesmen now. I'm fairly sure that a Spanish tradesman WILL pitch his price higher to a Brit than to a Spaniard, but then its down to you to negotiate, much the same way as you would have back in the UK.

I regret, and this is not pointed at anyone necessarily on here, that Brits often bring it upon themselves. They dont adapt to the way of life here and half expect the Spanish to adapt to theirs! If you were a Spaniard wouldn't you get fed up with it!

In short, I try to make the effort. In the same way the Oddities on here have made the effort in their village and been accepted and invited to the village goings on, as have other friends in village & town communities.

I believe making the effort makes a difference.
Just my opinion
Old May 13th 2009, 8:34 am
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by rachelk
It's finished. Monday nights are going to feel empty.

Sorry to be a pedant but it's Kim Ki.

His name is Kim Ki, but if you listen, there calling him Kinky, from a joke in the episode when he arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.