Moving back !

Old May 12th 2009, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving back !

HimnHer

Spaniards are problematic, or maybe is you? Because reading you, gives the impression that you came with certain prejudices toward the Spaniards. Although for general norm people here has hospitality, here also there are people of all nature. But some bad people, are not all the people. And in your country it will happen exactly same. So I don't understand your appreciations, because if I had to guide me for certain English myths (hooligans of the soccer, for example) the Englishmen would be the most fatal people in the planet

If I go to London and do I maintain a discussion with a londoner...All the londoners are bad people? And the rest of the country? Would it be absurd

Last edited by Relampago; May 12th 2009 at 12:05 pm.
Old May 12th 2009, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Relampago
HimnHer

Spaniards are problematic, or maybe is you? Because reading you, gives the impression the problematic is you, maybe you came with certain prejudices toward the Spaniards. Although for general norm people here has hospitality, here also there are people of all nature. But some bad people, are not all the people. And in your country it will happen exactly same. So I don't understand your appreciations, because if I had to guide me for certain English myths (hooligans of the soccer, for example) the Englishmen would be the most fatal people in the planet

If I go to London and do I maintain a discussion with a londoner...All the londoners are bad people? And the rest of the country? Fortunately, I have not still arrived at this level of the absurd thing, my friend
What would you be doing going to London for a discussion with a Londoner they have all moved
Old May 12th 2009, 12:37 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Relampago
HimnHer

Spaniards are problematic, or maybe is you? Because reading you, gives the impression that you came with certain prejudices toward the Spaniards. Although for general norm people here has hospitality, here also there are people of all nature. But some bad people, are not all the people. And in your country it will happen exactly same. So I don't understand your appreciations, because if I had to guide me for certain English myths (hooligans of the soccer, for example) the Englishmen would be the most fatal people in the planet

If I go to London and do I maintain a discussion with a londoner...All the londoners are bad people? And the rest of the country? Would it be absurd
Well talk to me as i am a Londoner,you might as well go and have a chat to someone in london,everyone else does,whatever their nationality!Also yes,we do or shall i say we did have a problem in football wise(millwall fan so i know!)but then again,you wouldnt know this,but the foriegn police normally have it in for the English fans,bit like the Spanish going against blacks like they did in the motor racing and also their football match against England.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:45 pm
Forum Regular

HimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to allHimnHer is a name known to all

But i do just wanna get in,that i do believe Spain is a safer place to live in,there is not a lot of trouble,drunkness like we have in England...........i would argue that against anyone.English culture is different,the way we live is different and yes u do have to accept that Spanish have a different way of life.My niece and her daughter are Spainish,but she even agrees that they(spanish)are rude etc.
Old May 12th 2009, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

We have not lived in Spain (yet!) but in all the times we have been fortunate to visit (2 to 3 weeks at a time) we have never had any issues with the locals being rude towards us. Sure some may come across rather short in how they talk to you (we all have bad days) but on the whole they have all been VERY friendly and welcoming. In my opinion the UK has really gone downhill, perhaps beyond repair and and the majority of its population have forgotten all about basic good manners. I am only 31 and I have noticed it here!
Old May 12th 2009, 1:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to beholdHondon Voyager is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by HimnHer
But i do just wanna get in,that i do believe Spain is a safer place to live in,there is not a lot of trouble,drunkness like we have in England...........i would argue that against anyone.English culture is different,the way we live is different and yes u do have to accept that Spanish have a different way of life.My niece and her daughter are Spainish,but she even agrees that they(spanish)are rude etc.
Do really think they are rude as I just think they appear to be rude by their seemingly abruptness i.e they dont apologise much, have respect in queues etc ,but I think its us Brits (or me Irish living in Uk ) who are used to being possibly over mannerly .I know a lot of Eastern Europeans who appear to be rude by their nature but are reallly nice people
Old May 12th 2009, 1:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by smartmove
We have not lived in Spain (yet!) but in all the times we have been fortunate to visit (2 to 3 weeks at a time) we have never had any issues with the locals being rude towards us. Sure some may come across rather short in how they talk to you (we all have bad days) but on the whole they have all been VERY friendly and welcoming. In my opinion the UK has really gone downhill, perhaps beyond repair and and the majority of its population have forgotten all about basic good manners. I am only 31 and I have noticed it here!
Some good points there ,Don't know if u ever read Metro newspaper ,but there is an ongoing text saga regarding respect for adults etc but people have actually text in and asked why their kids should get up and give an adult a seat on bus or train "we pay our taxes " ,so forget about respect in the uk anymore ,pregnant women aren't even considered ,I have seen a massive row on tube because of this ,and the guy still did not get up and give her a seat (Tw*T) I am not as young as you but I am far from old (in my forties ) Would not happen in Spain .That is the major appeal to Spain for me 'respect for elders' I saw it 20 years ago and to this day it is no different.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:33 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hondon Voyager
What would you be doing going to London for a discussion with a Londoner they have all moved
There all in the Costa`s.

Spain isn`t perfect, i doubt there is a country in the world that is, if there was, I`m sure Brits would have fouined it.

I`ve worked and lived in deepest Spain, found all types of people, good, bad and the insaine.

Most though enjoy life, if I compared the brits i know to the Spaniards I know, I prefer the Spaniards, they have more fun in general and don`t get as bothered as Brits.
Old May 12th 2009, 1:53 pm
Account Closed

kaff99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Respect is very much alive in Spain for the young and old, more so than the UK.

It is true that the British say "Thank you" and "Please" more than the Spanish. I have been told that we say it TOO OFTEN - perhaps its true and we do go overboard with our manners and our p's and q's.

I have noticed that the Spanish moms at my kids school - some are friendly and say Hola and some are not. Just like back at the UK. Some moms there were friendly and some not. No difference really. I put it down to being shy which I think alot of Spanish are.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kaff99
Respect is very much alive in Spain for the young and old, more so than the UK.

It is true that the British say "Thank you" and "Please" more than the Spanish. I have been told that we say it TOO OFTEN - perhaps its true and we do go overboard with our manners and our p's and q's.

I have noticed that the Spanish moms at my kids school - some are friendly and say Hola and some are not. Just like back at the UK. Some moms there were friendly and some not. No difference really. I put it down to being shy which I think alot of Spanish are.
Yeah i also think that a lot of Spanish are shy,sometimes they suprise you when they smile,if they smile! But like Hondon said,they are rude,or they come across as it and they dont say please or thank you.There is more respect here then at home i do agree with that.........sense of humour could do with coming out a bit,coz they aint got one of those,thats something i do miss alot.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Yeah i also think that a lot of Spanish are shy,sometimes they suprise you when they smile,if they smile! But like Hondon said,they are rude,or they come across as it and they dont say please or thank you.There is more respect here then at home i do agree with that.........sense of humour could do with coming out a bit,coz they aint got one of those,thats something i do miss alot.
I wish I could speak enough fluently to form a real opinion ,my next challenge I suppose ,my wife and kids do and they seem happy enough there ,my wife does get frustrated by the manana attitude ,but after 5 year's she is getting there .
Old May 12th 2009, 3:30 pm
Banned

livit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nicelivit is just really nice

If anybody here can speak Spanish, watch Pelotas on TVE.

You`ll learn spanish culture very quickly, last week episode had the Muslim builders, one eating Jamon/drinking beer, happily and is brother, not so happy.How he expalined that pigs are so dirty etc etc, had the guys in the bar almost being sick.

Then there is the constant swearing that Spaniards do, not aggressive, but calling the virgins all sorts a crapping in there milk.

And they have the Korean player, called Kinky, who is constantly refered to as the chino.

Here is a link to the programme, you can watch all the episodes here too.

http://www.rtve.es/television/pelota...los-completos/

The Spaniards I`ve come accross aren`t shy, they say it how it is, for many in areas that don`t have Expats, foreigners are new and curious, but thanks to the media, most have a stereo type image of you in there heads.

But everybody is different, you can`t describle all spaniards in a sentance, not even a book, although many Guiri`s have written about the ways of Spain.

Last edited by livit; May 12th 2009 at 3:34 pm.
Old May 12th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

rachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond reputerachelk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livit
If anybody here can speak Spanish, watch Pelotas on TVE.
It's finished. Monday nights are going to feel empty.

And they have the Korean player, called Kinky,
Sorry to be a pedant but it's Kim Ki.

Here is a link to the programme, you can watch all the episodes here too.

http://www.rtve.es/television/pelota...los-completos/
Definitely worth a watch for anyone who hasn't already seen it.
Old May 12th 2009, 4:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience (from friends, TV etc) Spanish people arent shy. They are very confident especially when with friends. The overwhelming characteristic is they dont take themselves too serously, always laughing at themselves and each other.

Yes I have seen Spanish people being rude to tourists/ex-pats. They get 100 million of them each year, so I think they just cant be bothered, especially if they dont think they'll get anything back from the relationship.

Thanks for the pelotas recommendation, I may check it out at the weekend. I dont normally watch programmes in the week as they end so late and I have to be up for work!
Old May 12th 2009, 6:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Well talk to me as i am a Londoner,you might as well go and have a chat to someone in london,everyone else does,whatever their nationality!Also yes,we do or shall i say we did have a problem in football wise(millwall fan so i know!)but then again,you wouldnt know this,but the foriegn police normally have it in for the English fans,bit like the Spanish going against blacks like they did in the motor racing and also their football match against England.
You don't speak to me of stupidities of racism, you seem of the English Media that has mania to Spain and the Spaniards. In United Kingdom have had songs of racism against the Turks when they have played in the english stadiums, or with the Tottenham that is a Jewish Football Club, for to give some examples, and for this reason I don't think that all the British are racist, so your argument of the racism in Spain is really poor and demagogue. I already say, you seem of the English Media that they are idiotic, because here one masquerades of black, then all we are racist? Please, that we are adults

Last edited by Relampago; May 12th 2009 at 6:53 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.