Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Making A Living In Spain

Making A Living In Spain

Old May 8th 2008, 1:55 am

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Making A Living In Spain

Originally Posted by Palmera
Well said Crispy!! You have got it abso bloody lutely spot on!!!
Do you know I have just remembered an incident that happened last year, I went with the family to a shopping centre in a near by town (not Chiclana where I live) and the grandkids wanted a drink so we took them to a small bar inside the centre that we always us.

We ordered 5 cola's, usually we call for the bill after we have finished but this time Mal paid for the drinks when he ordered them. When we left he said that the drinks were really expensive and when he told me how much I nearly hit the roof. We had been charged 12.50 for 5 small bottles of cola. In the 5 years we have been going there we have never been charge more than 3 euros for 2 of the same size bottles and that is inclusive of a tip. 2.50 for a pokey bottle of fizzy drink, even in the beach front bars in La Barrosa we don't get charged that much, in our local venta you can get a can for 50 cents

You know it's not even the price of 2.50 that makes me mad it is the fact that only two days before Mal and I were there and paid 3 euros for two. I asked him for the bill because I was going to go back but he said the bloke didn't ring it up he just asked for the total amount. Stupid OH, no way would I have paid that bill I would have demanded a printed bill, I was all for going back but Mal could see the grandkids getting upset so we left it:curse::curse:

And before any one starts, yes I know it happens everywhere, like I said doesn't make it right and no we haven't and won't be going back, saucy bar steward in my opinion but worse still a really silly billy for a hubby.