Life in Spain.

Old Nov 24th 2011, 2:57 am
Ex Expat

scampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond reputescampicat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life in Spain.

Originally Posted by agoreira
Uuum? Quite a contrast from my experience with SS here in UK, three of our family have used them for years now, and I have to say from the girl on the desk to the optician's themselves, they have all been excellent, nothing is too much trouble. Problem is, it's a franchise, so I guess the service could differ from branch to branch, perhaps we are just lucky ith our local branch.
Our local branch in the Uk is excellent too.

The manager is someone my husband used to teach. I don't know whether that has anything to do with it!
Old Nov 24th 2011, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

adra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really niceadra04778 is just really nice

I have just remebered to order my contact having read this thread

and thought it may be of interest to anyone who uses contacts to give you the addy
www.daysoft.com

They don't do varifocals, only the the normal ones, but great service and cheap, price has just gone up to 10.50 euro for a months supply, but still really cheap.
Old Nov 24th 2011, 6:06 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realise there was a specsavers in Fengi, I wonder if you can use UK vouchers for safety glasses there
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:07 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by licinius
I didn't realise there was a specsavers in Fengi, I wonder if you can use UK vouchers for safety glasses there
I am probably wrong but I think that SS in Spain is franchised and therefore has little to do with the UK version.

Graham
Old Nov 24th 2011, 12:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
I am probably wrong but I think that SS in Spain is franchised and therefore has little to do with the UK version.

Graham
I'm pretty sure they are all franchised in UK as well. I moved from one branch to another nearer me when it opened and thought they would just transfer my details, but they said they couldn't do it, because it was a separate franchise. Just looked it up,
http://www.specsaversfranchise.com/
Old Nov 25th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

CroptopMartin is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Life in Spain.

Originally Posted by greavsie55
Has anyone had any feedback regarding Specsavers in Fuengirola ? Some people say its fabulous and others say its shocking. I need my eyse testing so would be interested in any comments you may have. Thanks
I don't know about the one in Fuengirola, but I had a bad experience with Specsavers in the UK where the language is my own, so there should not have been any confusion. Well what happened was I went for a sight test, they prescribed new glasses £360. When I got them, I said to the assistant fitting them that the sight didn't seem right but was told I needed time to get used to them. I wore them for 30mins in the street and got a blinding headache from trying to read the shopfronts across the road. Well to cut a long story short, they retested my eyes and said the glasses were correct to my prescription but agreed to reduce the powers. After three pairs if glasses, as in three attempts I demanded my money back and went to an independent optician who got them right first time. I will NEVER go to Specsavers again. If necessary I will fly back to the UK.
Old Nov 26th 2011, 11:38 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CroptopMartin
I will NEVER go to Specsavers again. If necessary I will fly back to the UK.
As I think I mentioned earlier, I paid less for glasses at an independent in the UK than I paid at Specsavers. The notion that Specsavers is cheaper than independents seems to be a misconception
Old Nov 26th 2011, 12:04 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
As I think I mentioned earlier, I paid less for glasses at an independent in the UK than I paid at Specsavers. The notion that Specsavers is cheaper than independents seems to be a misconception
Graham used to have specs paid for by his company at a local independant opticians with no problems at all for many years. Then they changed to Specsavers and he never had a successful pair again. He went to a small opticians near to where we lived to buy glasses for home use and they were great. I decided to do the same and am still wearing them (for reading only) 8 years later.

Rosemary