Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:26 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Heh, looks like Labour have decided to lose the election. The Tories were doing this with a dire poster campaign. However they've been outdone by the Milibands, who unveiled a poster today, comparing Cameron with Gene Hunt (from "Ashes to Ashes"). Why not just say "Vote for David Cameron"? Is there anyone mildly competent out there worth voting for???
Yep, comparing Cameron with quite possibly one of the most popular "people" on TV at the moment was genius! Pure genius!
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:34 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Yep, comparing Cameron with quite possibly one of the most popular "people" on TV at the moment was genius! Pure genius!
Brilliant,..they made him look like a Movie Star.
No doubt he'll have the Hollywood film producers knocking on his door next.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Brilliant,..they made him look like a Movie Star.
No doubt he'll have the Hollywood film producers knocking on his door next.
Its not just that, and I know this is going to sound stupid, but when I talk to people, you know, real people, they tell me how we need a Gene Hunt type person to run "this bloody country", his no nonsense political incorrectness really appeals to people, they hearken back to a world that never really existed.... and Labour have decided to make people think of him when they look at Cameron... brilliant! Yet more proof that Labour are detached from the reality of modern British life....
Old Apr 4th 2010, 9:02 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its not just that, and I know this is going to sound stupid, but when I talk to people, you know, real people, they tell me how we need a Gene Hunt type person to run "this bloody country", his no nonsense political incorrectness really appeals to people, they hearken back to a world that never really existed.... and Labour have decided to make people think of him when they look at Cameron... brilliant! Yet more proof that Labour are detached from the reality of modern British life....
Yep, quite right. However, I never thought that any of them had a bloody clue to start with.

Look at it like this. The tories lost the last time in no small part to the outrageous levels of corruption that they wantonly displayed.

Having seen this lesson writ large in the polls, would you not have thought that the labour leadership would have informed all its MPs and ministers that should they ever, ever get embroiled in such corruption again that the MPs in question would have their liver ripped out and stamped on?

Furthermore, that both Labour and tories alike would have realised that the expenses were extracting the piss to an extent that the electorate would resent highly?

They have both lost the plot, or more accurately realise that they can do what the hell they like because we will keep on voting them in no matter what.
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:25 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Things are getting desperate now!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/p...10/8641849.stm
Old Apr 25th 2010, 11:40 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Well in the past the Tories had Kenny Everett (and didn't they enlist Gary Barlow/Take That this time around)? Makes sense, in a twisted way, to enlist one of the biggest rock idols! I think though, some people are waiting for the announcement "Gordon Brown has left the building (in Downing Street)"
Old Apr 26th 2010, 4:37 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Well in the past the Tories had Kenny Everett (and didn't they enlist Gary Barlow/Take That this time around)? Makes sense, in a twisted way, to enlist one of the biggest rock idols! I think though, some people are waiting for the announcement "Gordon Brown has left the building (in Downing Street)"

I forgot about the other lot using Kenny.

Now try this one.
http://www.speechbreaker.co.uk/
The Liberals do not have much to say do they?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 12:23 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

So Mr Angry's true colours have come to light again.
After eventually plucking up enough courage to chat to one of his own supporters in an attempt to reassure her,...the minute she turned her back he started insulting her.
Talk about him being a two faced eejit.
Who is ever going to believe him now?
Seems our Gordon's really dropped himself in it this time.

If that wasn't bad enough,he was later dumb enough to refer to the incident as a disaster.
I presume he meant allowing the real Brown to have his true dodgy character exposed in public again.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Apr 28th 2010 at 12:31 pm. Reason: add on
Old Apr 28th 2010, 3:37 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

After eventually plucking up enough courage to chat to one of his own supporters in an attempt to reassure her,...the minute she turned her back he started insulting her.

If that wasn't bad enough,he was later dumb enough to refer to the incident as a disaster.
I presume he meant allowing the real Brown to have his true dodgy character exposed in public again.

I just find it quite funny.

I haven't seen this incident, but I remember how much we hated Blair for being smarmy and more full of spin than a merry go round on overdrive.

Well, now we have a fairly charmless unspun individual and we hate him for that.

For those with a classical education, we are the frogs, neither wanting King Stork or King Log.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 3:58 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
I just find it quite funny.

I haven't seen this incident, but I remember how much we hated Blair for being smarmy and more full of spin than a merry go round on overdrive.

Well, now we have a fairly charmless unspun individual and we hate him for that.

For those with a classical education, we are the frogs, neither wanting King Stork or King Log.
It was a bit sad and pathetic to see him groveling with his head in his hands during a radio interview.
He even went to the womans house and spent a whole hour with her as a damage limitation exercise or something of the sort, but I fancy he picked on the wrong one.
Looks like his days are numbered and labour are doomed.
How sad.
Mandleson was full of his usual cr@p saying how upset Brown was to have hurt the womans feelings.
Only thing he was upset about was how many votes he'd just chucked down the pan.

Can't wait for the good news,...the PM has now left the building.
Just no way will Clegg work with him or under him as PM.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 8:28 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have a link to see this?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:00 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Does anyone have a link to see this?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:17 pm
Yaaarp

Madridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond reputeMadridboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks rugbymatt,..............fkt up big time or what eh?
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:22 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Madridboy
Thanks rugbymatt,..............fkt up big time or what eh?
At risk of being caught out like in the Rugby World Cup... if Labour win the election I will eat my own penis.
Old Apr 28th 2010, 9:50 pm
Yaaarp

Sooooo.......honest answers...........how many people think this will have a substantial negative impact on the elections or will it be forgotten about in a weeks time?
I suppose it will down to how the media want to react to it and want "us" to react to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.