Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:36 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by HBG
When I saw the photographs of Byers, Becket and Hoon on the front pages today, I realised that the pound could go up in May. How could any sane person vote for those three and anything associated with them?
A trio of scum as bent as any that were in the tories the last time.

So whatcha gunna do? Vote for the monster raving loonies? The Liberals aren't as corrupt, but that would change tooty sweety if they had any chance of getting in.

I still hate the tories more.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:06 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

One of the top pollsters was being interviewed on today's news regarding the daily effects of the various scandals on the poll ratings.
He said that the recent events had little effect, and the numbers remained much the same day to day.
Apparently the public attitude is now a plague on all your houses,we just don't care anymore and we may as well stop at home and watch TV rather than wasting effort going to vote for any of the dodgy,corrupt shower on show.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 7:59 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
A trio of scum as bent as any that were in the tories the last time.

So whatcha gunna do? Vote for the monster raving loonies? The Liberals aren't as corrupt, but that would change tooty sweety if they had any chance of getting in.

I still hate the tories more.
As far as I can remember the Tory's never stopped to dipping into the workers pension funds, but Gordo...........?

No they are all self serving shysters as the other party's would be raising merry hell otherwise
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:21 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
One of the top pollsters was being interviewed on today's news regarding the daily effects of the various scandals on the poll ratings.
He said that the recent events had little effect, and the numbers remained much the same day to day.
Apparently the public attitude is now a plague on all your houses,we just don't care anymore and we may as well stop at home and watch TV rather than wasting effort going to vote for any of the dodgy,corrupt shower on show.
That says it all for me, I'm afraid. Seldom have I heard it more succinctly put.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:24 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by playamonte
As far as I can remember the Tory's never stopped to dipping into the workers pension funds, but Gordo...........?

No they are all self serving shysters as the other party's would be raising merry hell otherwise
Had the Tories been in the same situation, they would have raided what appeared to be a good way of raising some cash.

The tories just took all the state owned assets, our assets and flogged them off cheap to buy electoral success.

Do you really think that they give a rat's *rse as to whether the man in the street lives or dies, let alone has a pension?

If you do, I'm sorry, but you are deluding yourself.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
One of the top pollsters .
Oh well thats OK then.... if its one of the TOP POLLSTERS it makes all the difference!

Have a look back and see what the polls predicted for Maggies second term
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 9:39 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Had the Tories been in the same situation, they would have raided what appeared to be a good way of raising some cash.

The tories just took all the state owned assets, our assets and flogged them off cheap to buy electoral success.

Do you really think that they give a rat's *rse as to whether the man in the street lives or dies, let alone has a pension?

If you do, I'm sorry, but you are deluding yourself.
Did you miss the bit where I said No they are all self serving shysters all = all parties

Nu-Labour ? yes another shade of Tory & is that your preferred choice then.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:41 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure they stooped to many similar issues - milk snatcher for instance
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:58 am
bil
Banned

Did you miss the bit where I said No they are all self serving shysters all = all parties

Nu-Labour ? yes another shade of Tory & is that your preferred choice then.
Yeah, missed that, sorry.

Labour wins on one simple point. Whatever rights we had, it was the left (of the day) that got them for us.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 12:29 pm
VFR
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bil

Labour wins on one simple point. Whatever rights we had, it was the left (of the day) that got them for us.
I would not dispute that (bye & large) but the type of Labour Leader you are referring to are now very thin on the ground, in the Unions as well as Parliament.
As an ex senior shop steward myself I became very disillusioned with the "average" member / leader over time & most would not recognise a principle if it starred them in the face. Oh they would recognise a change in working practice all right & scream and shout for not the slightest change, even if it meant that larger union membership would suffer as a result / company going to the wall.
Take Prescott for instance !, ex sea-mens shop steward that once in power done sweet FA for them.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 5:27 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

Not really true that is it though mate.... The Wigs, or what eventually became the Tories, were the party of the people, they stood for the basic human rights of the people in the street, they made most of the major changes to human rights in the UK and even brought about the end of slavery....
Old Mar 24th 2010, 8:36 pm
bil
Banned

Well, I was a little sloppy there, after all, labour as an entity is comparatively recent.

Perhaps I should have phrased it thus, I support the long line of people who, over the centuries have striven to reduce the power of the crown, the state and or the church, and ensure that the man in the street actually had rights.

At the moment, I see the current inheritors of that mantle as being Labour, despite their awful record on Iraq, corruption et al.

Given their record on Iraq, corruption et al, I ain't voting Tory, and in all honesty, the whole damn scummy mess of them does not inspire me to really vote at all.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 10:30 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

Alastair Darling in his latest budget has stopped stamp duty for first-time buyers up to 250k (he's also increased stamp duty for houses worth more than a million pounds). Looks very much like there won't be a house price crash in the UK This may be their strategy - to come across as the party that's maintained house prices in a recession (although in other currencies it's in reality a 30% fall) and also alleviate rises in unemployment. Apparently unemployment rose by far less than in previous recessions. I have to admit, things are looking a bit better for Labour. Everyone knows that cuts will have to come, but the Tories still have the image from the 80s of preferring to cut and slash jobs out of malice. So, despite the mistakes the Labour party have made, and all that sleaze and corruption, the election result is looking very tight. It'll be amazing if Brown wins the election, how could the Tories have messed up this time?

PS Can't believe Darling targeted cider with major tax rises.
Old Mar 27th 2010, 11:26 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Alastair Darling in his latest budget has stopped stamp duty for first-time buyers up to 250k (he's also increased stamp duty for houses worth more than a million pounds). Looks very much like there won't be a house price crash in the UK This may be their strategy - to come across as the party that's maintained house prices in a recession (although in other currencies it's in reality a 30% fall) and also alleviate rises in unemployment. Apparently unemployment rose by far less than in previous recessions. I have to admit, things are looking a bit better for Labour. Everyone knows that cuts will have to come, but the Tories still have the image from the 80s of preferring to cut and slash jobs out of malice. So, despite the mistakes the Labour party have made, and all that sleaze and corruption, the election result is looking very tight. It'll be amazing if Brown wins the election, how could the Tories have messed up this time?

PS Can't believe Darling targeted cider with major tax rises.
You want an honest answer? IMO no-one is going to win the election, it will be a question of who loses it.

A lot of times a party seems a dead cert, but then manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

It could well be that people will look at what is happening, realise that the financial sh*tstorm would have happened to whoever had been in power at the time, and figure that Labour did a fair job of coping with it.

They may also think that in times of financial strife, it's better to have a tight *rsed Scot in control than a smarmy Tory.

Who knows. I figure it's anyone's at the moment.
Old Apr 3rd 2010, 8:21 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

You want an honest answer? IMO no-one is going to win the election, it will be a question of who loses it.

A lot of times a party seems a dead cert, but then manages to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.
Heh, looks like Labour have decided to lose the election. The Tories were doing this with a dire poster campaign. However they've been outdone by the Milibands, who unveiled a poster today, comparing Cameron with Gene Hunt (from "Ashes to Ashes"). Why not just say "Vote for David Cameron"? Is there anyone mildly competent out there worth voting for???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.