Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Labour Party revival

I think I did say somewhere on here before that people shouldn't write them off ... and despite the bullying allegations and all else, they are closing up.

As I said, people will maybe begin to remember the Thatcher years

If it's a hung Parliament then Gordy stays in No 10 doesn't he!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:13 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

I think to be honest people in the UK are fearful of cuts, because they know it means job losses not only in the public sector, but also in the private sector (for example a builder who does contracts for the NHS). Having said that, the economic commentators say there will have to be cuts no matter who wins the election. Bungle and George have wobbled recently and said the cuts won't be too severe in the first year if they win the election... Personally I think Brown should be voted out merely because he was in power when they allowed the housing bubble/credit boom to get out of hand. It doesn't mean I have any confidence in the Tories to do any better though.

One thing's for sure. It won't be the investment bankers who suffer...
Old Feb 28th 2010, 1:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Whoever wins they will look after themselves first
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:01 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I think I did say somewhere on here before that people shouldn't write them off ... and despite the bullying allegations and all else, they are closing up.

As I said, people will maybe begin to remember the Thatcher years

If it's a hung Parliament then Gordy stays in No 10 doesn't he!
You need to step away from the tabloids mate.... it is one Poll, and almost all of the political analysts admit that there is very little stock in it.
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:46 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
You need to step away from the tabloids mate.... it is one Poll, and almost all of the political analysts admit that there is very little stock in it.
I was actually watching the Conservative Spring Conference actuallly (sad as I am) and they admit they are concerned about it. The Political commentators actually seem to think it was a good poll

I still maintain that at the last post Labour will cross first
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:48 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I was actually watching the Conservative Spring Conference actuallly (sad as I am) and they admit they are concerned about it. The Political commentators actually seem to think it was a good poll

I still maintain that at the last post Labour will cross first
Not a hope... the conservatives are trying to be a little humble, if they come out and say "we are the winners, for sure we have won... not an issue..." then they will be accused of arrogance....
Old Feb 28th 2010, 5:58 pm
Senior Moment

Not a hope... the conservatives are trying to be a little humble, if they come out and say "we are the winners, for sure we have won... not an issue..." then they will be accused of arrogance....
No ... no, they are never arrogant are they!

You'll see. I doubt there will be a conservative Government next term. I've seen it in my tea leaves
Old Mar 1st 2010, 5:58 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be extremely close and all it needs is a big story either way to change everything. I believe Labour have got several minor stories already lined up but are sitting on them in case they don’t need them, because they (the stories) are nasty ones and could backfire on them.

Osbourne is the Tories Achilles heel, he’s starting to look more and more like a frightened rabbit, knowing what’s out there, and Mandelson is merciless.

Unfortunately, a hung parliament and Brown staying is bad news for us expats because of the exchange rate, and that seems the most likely result. Perversely, Greece could save us if they bring the Euro down, or at least wobble it enough let the pound recover.

Another five years of Brown, or again being fagged by those Etonians who have never really gone away, what a choice.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:21 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
I think it will be extremely close and all it needs is a big story either way to change everything. I believe Labour have got several minor stories already lined up but are sitting on them in case they don’t need them, because they (the stories) are nasty ones and could backfire on them.

Osbourne is the Tories Achilles heel, he’s starting to look more and more like a frightened rabbit, knowing what’s out there, and Mandelson is merciless.

Unfortunately, a hung parliament and Brown staying is bad news for us expats because of the exchange rate, and that seems the most likely result. Perversely, Greece could save us if they bring the Euro down, or at least wobble it enough let the pound recover.

Another five years of Brown, or again being fagged by those Etonians who have never really gone away, what a choice.
Yeah.... because no one in Labour went to public school at all.... yeah!

On a brighter note....

Labour branch out into new voting areas after admitting there are no more cloth caps left in the UK.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

Bakeja is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting thread. Given their record, Labour should lose heavily and be out of power for a decade or more just as the Tories were after they lost the trust of the country in the 1990s. However some people seem to be buying the (preposterous) line that Gordon Brown and Alistair Darling are a safe pair of hands who are guiding us through a recession caused by America/the banks. Also Cameron's Conservatives are not such a convincing alternative as Blair's New Labour appeared in 1997. Paradoxically the smashing of Blair's reputation may have something to do with this - Cameron is perceived to be a similar type.

Upshot - I am hoping Labour get what they deserve but a hung parliament is at least as likely as a Tory win.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 6:48 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Threads like this make me die, everyone saying it`s going to be great when tweedle dum gets in or tweedle dee stays in.
You all know they are all crap and all they do is use the time to feather their nests and create jobs for the boys before they get kicked out at the next election.
Are they worried about you and me ?
Sure they are, for a week before the elections.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 1:22 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by jdr
Threads like this make me die, everyone saying it`s going to be great when tweedle dum gets in or tweedle dee stays in.
You all know they are all crap and all they do is use the time to feather their nests and create jobs for the boys before they get kicked out at the next election.
Spot on.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:16 pm
Maño-Americano

ironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond reputeironporer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Whoever wins they will look after themselves first

Originally Posted by jdr
And that is the only truth to be found in politics...here, there and everywhere. Frigging theivin' leeches. We need term limits- after 4 years, you take 'em all out the back door and shoot the bastards, then swear in the new ones.
Old Mar 1st 2010, 8:38 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.... because no one in Labour went to public school at all.... yeah!

On a brighter note....

Labour branch out into new voting areas after admitting there are no more cloth caps left in the UK.
It's looking bad...it's looking very VERY bad
Old Mar 2nd 2010, 10:22 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lionda
It's looking bad...it's looking very VERY bad
Really? When push comes to shove, your only choice at the election is whether the government gets to screw you wearing a red condom, a blue condom or a yellow one.

I hope Labour gets in if only because bad tho they are, they are still less bad than Cameron's team. I haven't yet forgiven the tories for the privatisation that they used to buy the elections, and the fact that we ended up paying more tax to the private companies than we ever did to the nationalised ones.

God I hope GB does get in because it will p*ss off the average right winger sooo much.

I'd vote Liberal, if only for Chucky Kennedy being so right about Iraq, but what's the point?

Screw 'em all. I just wish that on the ballot there was a box to tick that said 'I HATE YOU ALL.'

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.