Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:55 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Oh I mean jesus! What man in his right mind thought that appointing HIM as deputy PM was EVER a good idea?
Matt, never was I given an easier ball to hit.

For one simple reason.

To make Bliar look good, of course....
Old Mar 6th 2010, 6:57 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Matt, never was I given an easier ball to hit.

For one simple reason.

To make Bliar look good, of course....
There is talk that he was only ever there because of Brooooon...
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:08 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

There is talk that he was only ever there because of Brooooon...
I just look at Prescot, Blunket, Blair et al, and as a lapsed Labour voter, I just despair.

Then I look at Cameron & Co, and I want to cry.

Kidding aside, who is there in British politics who could be inspiring enough to make me want to waste my time voting?
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:12 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I just look at Prescot, Blunket, Blair et al, and as a lapsed Labour voter, I just despair.

Kidding aside, who is there in British politics who could be inspiring enough to make me want to waste my time voting?
I dread to think... we actually live AT a rural polling station and I am not looking forward at making that decision!
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:13 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

I know how your feel,the last time I voted, I did not like any of the candidates so I put a cross against every bloody last one of them.........:
Old Mar 6th 2010, 7:23 pm
bil
Banned

Well, I've said it before, they should have a box that says 'I hate you all'

That would give us all an idea of the % of people who were pig sick of it all.

Matt, if the number of the disillusioned grows, you won't be disturbed all that much come polling day.

That's a tragedy, but what else do they expect? Crap politicians give rise to a bored, disaffected populace.

I hate them all. It saves time.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:20 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing will ever change, the North East are solid Labour, and so are the Brummies. The West Country will vote Liberal and middle England will go for the shiny Etonians.

It will be decided by London, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and it’s too close to call.

The headlines in the Sun on the day of the election may win the day again.

It’s called democracy, and I believe in it.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:38 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
Nothing will ever change, the North East are solid Labour, and so are the Brummies. The West Country will vote Liberal and middle England will go for the shiny Etonians.

It will be decided by London, Scotland and Northern Ireland, and it’s too close to call.

The headlines in the Sun on the day of the election may win the day again.

It’s called democracy, and I believe in it.
Can't argue with that. Much of the country would vote for their choice no matter what. Stupid really, so many in the Left and the Right unable to apply critical reasoning to their own side.

I suppose that if I did vote, it would be for who would do the least harm.

To be honest tho having a cold beer, sitting in the sun and scratching my *rse would win hands down over voting, any day.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:41 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I'm worried about all these land owning pikies now....
Don't worry, they lease them out to the plebs, and as long as the plebs pay the rent, they're happy.
Old Mar 6th 2010, 9:46 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
Don't worry, they lease them out to the plebs, and as long as the plebs pay the rent, they're happy.
Thats great.... oh and nice try.....
Old Mar 9th 2010, 9:22 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I had a feeling all along, honest:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7054655.ece

It’s going to be a slam dunk.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 1:10 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
I had a feeling all along, honest:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7054655.ece

It’s going to be a slam dunk.
The report claims both parties are neck and neck and you are saying its going to be a slam dunk...
Old Mar 9th 2010, 2:58 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

If I was any good at graphics, I’d post it here, but I’m not. If you take the opinion polls for the last seven weeks and put them on a graph, then the blue Tory line has just crossed with the red Labour line, the blue line on the way down, with the red line going up.

If you carry that graph on for the next seven weeks, then all things being equal, it will be a slam dunk in seven week’s time.

And the voting public haven’t even seen the Bullingdon Club photo yet.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:25 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by HBG
If I was any good at graphics, I’d post it here, but I’m not. If you take the opinion polls for the last seven weeks and put them on a graph, then the blue Tory line has just crossed with the red Labour line, the blue line on the way down, with the red line going up.

If you carry that graph on for the next seven weeks, then all things being equal, it will be a slam dunk in seven week’s time.

And the voting public haven’t even seen the Bullingdon Club photo yet.
So what if they went to public school, I vote on policy and judge people on what I feel they are capable of achieving and I can't see how Labour can deliver on anything, they haven't done so yet, can't see how another term will help.

There were loads of Labour politicians who went to quite exclusive public schools, I don't see you making any comments about that. If its all about a class thing then its a good job you are in Spain because I for one don't want my country governed by superficial inverted snobbery.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 3:44 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

So what if they went to public school, I vote on policy and judge people on what I feel they are capable of achieving and I can't see how Labour can deliver on anything, they haven't done so yet, can't see how another term will help.
You think another term of the conservatives will help? I very much doubt it. Same result with a different approach.

Better the devil you know maybe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.