Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old May 7th 2010, 9:50 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Be surprised if some of his own party didn't advise him to stand down.
That would Labour a better chance of forming some sort of pact.

Not sure why the Tories are so strongly against PR, given the way the votes are normally distributed.Maybe they will have second thoughts
Yeah, funny isn't it given that PR might have got them in this time.

Me, I'm all for the transferrable vote in conjunction with the first past the post. Far more sensible.
Old May 8th 2010, 11:34 am
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
You would think so, but the papers are still harping on about a "hung" parliament. I remember the last time that happened - Heath and his shambles of a government (it was the Barber boom that wrecked the UK economy in the 70s never let anyone kid you otherwise) lost the 1974 election, but hung around for ages trying to cut deals. I suspect Gordon "the bottler" will have to be dragged screaming from Number 10.
Why couldn't I have kept my big mouth shut...