Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Labour Party revival

Labour Party revival

Old Apr 28th 2010, 10:26 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Labour Party revival

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
At risk of being caught out like in the Rugby World Cup... if Labour win the election I will eat my own penis.
Apparently the old lady had just gone out for a loaf of White and ended up going home with Toasted Brown.

Even with the lowest share of the vote in third place,amazingly its still expected that Labour would end up with most seats.
However finding anyone brave or stupid enough to serve under Brown as PM is probably highly unlikely.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 6:25 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

How long will it take for someone to come up with similar recordings of the other pair ?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 7:06 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Lets all give a big thank you to Gordon,(not forgetting of course the old lady who popped out for a White loaf and came home with a toasted Brown),....for brightening up another dull and boring electioneering day.

But thanks to Gordon most of all, for clearly demonstrating, to the few still in any doubt, just what an arrogant,two-faced, snake in the grass you really are.
People like Brown should never be allowed anywhere near a place of public office,.... but instead be sentenced to spend the next ten years of their lives, on their hands and knees with a bar of soap and a tin of disinfectant,scrubbing out all of the public toilets in Rochdale, until such time as they have learnt the real meaning of decency,honesty,humility and respect.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:01 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
But thanks to Gordon most of all, for clearly demonstrating, to the few still in any doubt, just what an arrogant,two-faced, snake in the grass you really are.
People like Brown should never be allowed anywhere near a place of public office,.... but instead be sentenced to spend the next ten years of their lives, on their hands and knees with a bar of soap and a tin of disinfectant,scrubbing out all of the public toilets in Rochdale, until such time as they have learnt the real meaning of decency,honesty,humility and respect.
As are they all, my dear, as are they all.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

Makingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant futureMakingthemove has a brilliant future

They certainly are.... Someone used to say that the very fact someone wants to be PM should debar them. All the main parties, and their focus groups, advisors etc, think we can be swayed by their soundbites and slogans. No, actually, I would like to be able to read a policy, and understand what you are actually standin for...
Old May 1st 2010, 8:54 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Makingthemove
They certainly are.... Someone used to say that the very fact someone wants to be PM should debar them. .
That is truly, absolutely so.
Old May 1st 2010, 6:52 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Makingthemove
They certainly are.... Someone used to say that the very fact someone wants to be PM should debar them. All the main parties, and their focus groups, advisors etc, think we can be swayed by their soundbites and slogans. No, actually, I would like to be able to read a policy, and understand what you are actually standin for...
I suspect a significant percentage of the electorate have no idea or interest in their policies, they vote for tribal reasons (the same way as their parents) or because of the looks and oratory skills of the PM candidates, or because their chosen media has spoon-fed them who to vote for.
Old May 1st 2010, 7:50 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
I suspect a significant percentage of the electorate have no idea or interest in their policies, they vote for tribal reasons (the same way as their parents) or because of the looks and oratory skills of the PM candidates, or because their chosen media has spoon-fed them who to vote for.
I suspect you got that right.
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:19 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
I suspect you got that right.
People who vote for tribal reasons are well aware of the of the policies of their tribe and it's historical significance and this is true of all parties. They are the true voters.Then we have the angry young men who flirt with all ideas from communism to fascism and everything in between and finally they reach a decision about what's best for them personally and b ecome MPs. Look how many times Churchill crossed the floor of the house. This was the man who sent the Black and Tans in Southern Ireland during the troubles. The Black and Tans were murderers and rapists released from British prisons to terrorise, rape , murder and pillage the Irish peasantry wearing their distinctive uniforms. People should vote from their hearts not for a short time easy option. Mud slinging is usually done by people who never vote. Learn from history.
Old May 2nd 2010, 8:34 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by elspeth sinclair
People who vote for tribal reasons are well aware of the of the policies of their tribe and it's historical significance and this is true of all parties. They are the true voters.Then we have the angry young men who flirt with all ideas from communism to fascism and everything in between and finally they reach a decision about what's best for them personally and b ecome MPs. Look how many times Churchill crossed the floor of the house. This was the man who sent the Black and Tans in Southern Ireland during the troubles. The Black and Tans were murderers and rapists released from British prisons to terrorise, rape , murder and pillage the Irish peasantry wearing their distinctive uniforms. People should vote from their hearts not for a short time easy option. Mud slinging is usually done by people who never vote. Learn from history.
But sadly the lesson of history is.......
Old May 2nd 2010, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

elspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud ofelspeth sinclair has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bil
But sadly the lesson of history is.......
Unfinished sentences are unhelpful they are not the mark of a deep thinker. Try dipping your toe in the water for a change.
Old May 2nd 2010, 4:33 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

I don't agree, I see people voting for a party because they were indoctrinated at a young age by their parents. My mother (in her 80's) has always voted Tory, she tells me what a mess Labour has made of her (State) pension - when i point out it was Maggie that changed the link from ave earnings to inflation and that Labour are reversing it she doesn't want to hear it.

She has just spent a week in hospital and was telling how marvelous the service was - but she forgets the huge investment in the NHS that Labour has undertaken and that the Tories low-tax policy meant the NHS was on its knees at the end of their last reign.

She will always vote Tory (although she does like the nice young man from UKIP), even if she doesn't actually know any of their policies.

I would guess that the vast majority of the UK electorate vote as their parents did, without considering the relative merits of the party's policies.
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:03 pm
bil
Banned

Unfinished sentences are unhelpful they are not the mark of a deep thinker. Try dipping your toe in the water for a change.
Hmmm. Now I would say that that comment was patronising beyond belief. Plus how the hell you could calculate the depth of thought from that is laughable.

The thinking was deep enough to assume that everyone was more than familiar with the conclusion '..that man does not learn the lesson of history.'

I guess I was trying to be slightly amusing, but hopefully others got the idea.

My apologies if I overestimated your familiarity with the phrase.
Old May 2nd 2010, 7:06 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
My mother (in her 80's) has always voted Tory, she tells me what a mess Labour has made of her (State) pension - when i point out it was Maggie that changed the link from ave earnings to inflation and that Labour are reversing it she doesn't want to hear it.

She has just spent a week in hospital and was telling how marvelous the service was - but she forgets the huge investment in the NHS that Labour has undertaken and that the Tories low-tax policy meant the NHS was on its knees at the end of their last reign.

She will always vote Tory (although she does like the nice young man from UKIP), even if she doesn't actually know any of their policies.

Nice comment. Of course what it is is a belief system. It's belief systems that enable people to unquestioningly believe all sorts of crap, whether god, ufo or political party.

Get them indoctrinated into a belief system and you can do almost anything and they will still kiss you *rse and pay for the privilege.
Old May 3rd 2010, 9:48 am
Just Joined

bobthelocksmith is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=

I would guess that the vast majority of the UK electorate vote as their parents did, without considering the relative merits of the party's policies.[/QUOTE]

I agree with that sentiment and disagree with Elspeth that 'mudslinging is usually done by people who never vote'. My mother in law always votes and she is seriously and embarrassingly racist and anti Labour and mud-slings all the time! The problem is how to engage people, and for all the drawbacks of the recent tv debates at least they have helped to this effect - even if many people appeared more interested in the 'personality' behind the microphone than the somewhat predictable , planned and practised spiel that was presented. It was a pity that the studio audience were not allowed to react as this would have livened up the atmosphere.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.