Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Old Mar 26th 2013, 10:55 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Who would have thought a few years ago that the BBC and other main UK channels would switch off signal coverage to much of Europe to in part conform to their international broadcasting treaty obligations.
Having done that it is logical that one way or another the same will happen with IPTV.
Technology is moving so fast that users locations can easily be identified.
We have a friend who is involved in miltary intelligence, there is nothing you can hide when using the internet.The broadcasters can install filters to limit reception should they chose. It is not just to do with court rulings etc TV is a business and whether you like it or not normal commercial rules will apply.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by amideislas
Erm, Sorry, but nothing is free, my friend.

Facebook is also free, but magically achieves revenues of over €4billion per year. You think that money comes from god?

Just having you as a "free" member means they are in a position to collect revenue for it. They collect a cent or two from every Hyundai, Volkswagen, Kitchen cabinet, can of cat food, offshore tax haven, insect repellent, mobile phone service, holiday rental company and food product they promote on their website. With million or billions of members, it adds up quickly.

Those "free" services are using content that they don't own or pay for, precisely that which compels you to join and be an active member, subject to promotion of all these products, which is where their revenue is generated.

At the end of the day, you actually do pay for it, despite it being free. But they are achieving that revenue by leveraging a commodity that someone else invested in, and owns the rights to, and THAT is the legal debate over how legal (or fair) their business actually is. They can fight it in the courts for years, but at the end of the day, somebody has to compromise. If you transfer to Facebook, ownership and rights to anything you upload there. So, they don't have to pay royalties.

Legitimate internet TV businesses buy the rights to the content and resell the content to you (a subscription service). There are a myriad of complex issues surrounding it, not the least of which is ensuring that people can't receive the content without paying for it, but also ensuring that the content isn't delivered to any region not granted in their agreement with the content owners. IPTV company "A" may have the right to sell to customers in the UK, but company "B" may have bought the rights to sell to customers in Spain. Neither are allowed to trample on each others' territory.

TANSAFFL
TVCatchup is free to view in the UK!
You say that at the end of the day I am going to pay. We all have to pay for the advertising on the commercial channels anyway. So if I was a UK user of TVCatchup, would I have to pay more than the person not using it, No!
So the service is in effect FREE!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by EMR
Who would have thought a few years ago that the BBC and other main UK channels would switch off signal coverage to much of Europe to in part conform to their international broadcasting treaty obligations.
Having done that it is logical that one way or another the same will happen with IPTV.
We have a friend who is involved in miltary intelligence, there is nothing you can hide when using the internet.The broadcasters can install filters to limit reception should they chose. It is not just to do with court rulings etc TV is a business and whether you like it or not normal commercial rules will apply.
AH! you are finally getting to one of my points!
THE BROADCASTERS CAN INSTALL FILTERS TO LIMIT RECEPTION SHOULD THEY CHOSE.
There was absolutely no need for all of this fuss!!!!!!!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:23 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

And when they do its the end of FREE IPTV. !!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
And when they do its the end of FREE IPTV. !!
TOUGH!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Come on BAT7311!
You started this thread!
Let's have an answer.
Has the service been shut down, or is it running again?

John
Old Mar 26th 2013, 11:50 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
You say that at the end of the day I am going to pay. We all have to pay for the advertising on the commercial channels anyway. So if I was a UK user of TVCatchup, would I have to pay more than the person not using it, No!
Good boy. Now run along and go to your free school, your free doctor appointment and get a free checkup, and have a crackin' free lunch. And don't forget to attend that demonstration against all those who are getting stuff for free. It's free!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 12:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by amideislas
Good boy. Now run along and go to your free school, your free doctor appointment and get a free checkup, and have a crackin' free lunch. And don't forget to attend that demonstration against all those who are getting stuff for free. It's free!
The point was, does TVCatchup cost its users anything, and the answer is an unequivocal NO!
There's no point in trying to drag that one out!
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:42 pm
Banned

BAT7311 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Domino
probably caused by Nelson's fleet sailing by and Brits signalling them from windows facing the sea

ever tried communicating by bouncing a light off a cloud??
it does work you know
we have electricity here in the 21st century ...
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:46 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by EMR
all the main browsers include it .you just switch it off .it is ILLEGAL in the 27 to record the movement of its citizens OR THEIR LOCATION .and its is to do with the courts (ie the LAW) in this case CRIMINAL - profit making organisations have to work within it
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/geolocation/

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 26th 2013 at 3:09 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:51 pm
Banned

NO the HIGHEST COURT in europe have said there were STEALING the SIGNAL from its rightful owner (ITV) ...as soon as the EWHC rubber stamp it ITV/C4/C5 will get the british police to enforce the CRIMINAL LAW that has been broken and nick em with up to 2 years in prison and unlimited fine ...
ECJ RULING http://curia.europa.eu/jcms/upload/d...cp130025en.pdf
Television broadcasters may prohibit the retransmission of their programmes by
another company via the internet

a retransmission of the works
included in a terrestrial television broadcast, where the retransmission is made by an organisation
other than the original broadcaster, by means of an internet stream made available to the
subscribers of that other organisation who may receive that retransmission by logging on to its
server, even though those subscribers are within the area of reception of that terrestrial television
broadcast and may lawfully receive the broadcast on a television receiver

the 2003 EU DIRECTIVE/UK LAW http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2.../contents/made
Injunctions against service providers

97A—(1) The High Court (in Scotland, the Court of Session) shall have power to grant an injunction against a service provider, where that service provider has actual knowledge of another person using their service to infringe copyright.

Last edited by BAT7311; Mar 26th 2013 at 3:16 pm.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 2:53 pm
Banned

Come on BAT7311!
You started this thread!
Let's have an answer.
Has the service been shut down, or is it running again?

John
what service are you talking about ... what company ,where located ..i asked a question as ppl here again lost their IPTV limks and i asked why??
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:20 pm
EMR
Banned

What viewers may or may not do to hide their location contravening the terms and conditions of the sites they are viewing is one thing. The commercial approach that will be taken by the broadcasters to encrypt and protect their sites from those who have not paid to view or steal the content is another.
There is a lot of money to be made by the BBC etc and as public funds and advertisng revenues change so will their atitude.BAT you are right when you say that many of us have not caught up with technology and the same goes for the broadcasters they will not let the current free for all last for much longer.
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BAT7311
what service are you talking about ... what company ,where located ..i asked a question as ppl here again lost their IPTV limks and i asked why??
Yes under your heading, ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREEMS SHUT DOWN.
You said that the services that had gone off for the 2nd week in a row, were aerial and iptv. So I'm asking if they are back on, and not shut down?
Old Mar 26th 2013, 4:54 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

You see what I mean, he can't get anything right!!!

TVCatchup......... IS FREE!!!... GET IT, FREE!!!..... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO BE A MEMBER.... IT DOESN'T COST ANYTHING TO WATCH IT!!

I hope he understands what FREE means.

John
well you are totally irrational but as I have been out all day I wondered what you would get up to without your nurse to watch over you.................

now lets get this right (apologies to those who have posted the same/similar)
Yes it is free (at the moment). But built within the business model to please those who are providing the funding, because this can be called a Free Trial, there will be plans to extract charges. Membership may still be Free but if there is something you want to see specifically then there will be a charge - in essence a Pay Per View. As I said, even if each person only spent £100 in a year that makes the £1.2billion. I can't see shareholders and business partners etc not wanting part of that cake, but will not stay for too long if they don't start getting some payback for 5+ years of support.

Now, having looked at all your irrational posts, I was surprised to see you now claiming you used it all the time. I would imagine you are on a pay per click type of agreement with this company, where you get a sum for recommending them to the general public. So how much is it you get paid everytime you post on here that company name. Do you have to prove it when you recommend a bowls club member.?

To all of these companies the number of members registered is part of their business advertising and a draw to advertisers to get their products in front of so many people in one go (if the internet could take it). I would imagine they would be very upset to find that at least 10% of their "members" are forcing them into a situation where they are in breach of contract which could lead to the courts closing the business down as they are unable to police their membership.

Must go, just heard the Visitors Bell, so your nurse will be round with your meds soon, so hope you have a quiet night - there is always another day in the asylum

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.