Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ILLEGAL BRITISH IPTV STREAMS SHUT DOWN

Originally Posted by EMR
So if you are able to watch it in Spain you are infringing their terms and conditions and they are not restricting usage to the UK.
A lawyer acting for the main broadcasters could take action against them for not restricting viewing to the UK as part of their case.
The re broadcasters are leaving themselves wide open to legal action.
Try using TVCatchup outside the UK and you will find that you will receive a "not available in your back yard" type of message! It is geo. blocked!!!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Saxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to beholdSaxy is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Domino
I have tried, honestly, but I cannot find an Alicante in the UK, only in Spain.

and as I said above

perhaps the young techy peeps should put down their Internet for Beginners and do what they are supposed to be doing
So what is your point? Alicante has nothing to do with the subject of TVCatchup and the ECJ ruling. Why are you going on about it?????

I think you've lost the plot!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:01 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saxy
So what is your point? Alicante has nothing to do with the subject of TVCatchup and the ECJ ruling. Why are you going on about it?????

I think you've lost the plot!
I haven't bought it yet, then I will have an aerial farm to beat all, and take out the water bowser every morning to hose down and improve the earth connections.

Lets see, Poster in Alicante, (thats Spain, not UK), claims to use TVCatchup, which is a UK geo-restricted "station"

and I am not sure that company has a problem with the ECJ rulings, it even took itself off the internet for a number of months to protect itself and its principles IP rights and to ensure it was operating legally. Their problem is that unscrupulous people will take their "transmission" and rebroadcast it.

mind you , it is easy to claim that others have lost the plot when you are about to lose the whole discussion
Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

So why do you keep promoting " catch up tv " if you cannot receive it. Unless of course it is being watched on a proxy internet address that " suggests " the viewer is in the UK when they are not ?
Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:55 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
So why do you keep promoting " catch up tv " if you cannot receive it. Unless of course it is being watched on a proxy internet address that " suggests " the viewer is in the UK when they are not ?
oh come on, Saxy is so squeeky clean he wouldn't even think about such a thing, but if he did he would call it legal just to keep the guys and gals down the bowls club happy.

Old Mar 25th 2013, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by EMR
Because online viewing is the way that I and quite a few others watch TV. Some of us use 'Live & Recorded Transmission' programs that are outside of the UK (Europa, FilmOn, LOVEFiLM, NETFLIX etc.). FilmOn does however have offices in the UK, and that I presume is why they have reduced the number of channels available at the moment.
These programs will probably continue to be transmitted until the lawyers have sorted out the legal situation. Until then, if and when they go, we will KEEEEP WATCHIN' and BOWLING.

Oh I nearly forgot, and 'SAXIN'

Last edited by Saxy; Mar 25th 2013 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:13 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing I don't understand about all this hoohaw about watching UK TV here in Spain is WHY do people attach so much importance to watching UK TV anyway. OK I know most Spanish channels/programs are really not very good i.e crap (apart from La 2 IMO) and spend hours bombarding you with adverts but when all is said and done why is TV so important to people?
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:16 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mfh
The thing I don't understand about all this hoohaw about watching UK TV here in Spain is WHY do people attach so much importance to watching UK TV anyway. OK I know most Spanish channels/programs are really not very good i.e crap (apart from La 2 IMO) and spend hours bombarding you with adverts but when all is said and done why is TV so important to people?
I personal prefer to read my books.

Rosemary
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:19 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat095 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rosemary
I personally prefer to read my books.

Rosemary
Ah a person after my own heart :-)
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:24 pm

having visited Netflix just, they say
Sorry, Netflix is not available in your country yet.
but then I don't use a VPN or IP Blocker
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mfh
'cos some of us like to have free choice of our pastimes, and not be dictated to.
Some others, who are disabled (or for other reasons), it's the only company they have.
One of us, "no names no pack drill", admits to having his 'tele' on for 5/6 hours a night. That's dedication in extreme in my book, Geeeeez.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 4:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Domino
having visited Netflix just, they say

but then I don't use a VPN or IP Blocker
Or have the internet speed!
Old Mar 25th 2013, 5:02 pm
Banned

notacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of lightnotacontrathinker is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by mfh
When I was young I was without benefit of British TV, being in the far east.

When I came back to school in England, I didn't know what a 'Z-car' was or which hospital Dr Who worked at.

I still have a musical gap in my knowledge between The Shadows and Led Zepplin.

TV keeps you in touch with British culture.

I wonder how many Brits, living here for years without UK TV understand what part Russian meerkats play in the make-up of Britain's current culture, and why it is another damn good reason to apply for Spanish Nationality ?

Old Mar 25th 2013, 5:11 pm

'cos some of us like to have free choice of our pastimes, and not be dictated to.
Some others, who are disabled (or for other reasons), it's the only company they have.
One of us, "no names no pack drill", admits to having his 'tele' on for 5/6 hours a night. That's dedication in extreme in my book, Geeeeez.
oh dear, here we go, another rant about Human Rights I suppose.
someone who owns a nightclub decides to let it to a wedding party for the night. Tickets only to those approved by the wedding party. Bouncers on the door.
But you think it is your right to go into a private club and savour the delights so you get a gemmy and go in the back way or you pretend to be part of the wedding party and sneak in past the bouncers.
so you get something specially prepared for a certain group because it is your Human Right to break in, to put up a smoke screen hiding your identity.
But you leave your sticky figerprints lying around, someone somewhere has the details, just not the ones you are watching out for.
Old Mar 25th 2013, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Since when has our freedom of choice been removed?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.