Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

Old Sep 8th 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

morsehorse will become famous soon enoughmorsehorse will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Homes from Hell ITV re Camposol

It would seem that Camposol is a nice place to live but not for families nor the ideal spot for a holiday if children are involved. You can raise your children in the UK and they can be as noisy as you want but once in Spain or Camposol at least the general opinion (there are many more posts) is that children are not working.

Your comment above is not true only the other day a child in UK has had an ASBO issued for playing football and being too noisy in his cul de sac.He is 4 years old!!
I am just glad that I live on Camposol and have done happily for the last 9 years!!
As your forum name suggests just hope that if you are an owner of a property on Camposol and selling that your buyer does not see your comments and pull out of the sale!!
Old Sep 8th 2011, 11:07 pm

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morsehorse
It would seem that Camposol is a nice place to live but not for families nor the ideal spot for a holiday if children are involved. You can raise your children in the UK and they can be as noisy as you want but once in Spain or Camposol at least the general opinion (there are many more posts) is that children are not working.

Your comment above is not true only the other day a child in UK has had an ASBO issued for playing football and being too noisy in his cul de sac.He is 4 years old!!
I am just glad that I live on Camposol and have done happily for the last 9 years!!
As your forum name suggests just hope that if you are an owner of a property on Camposol and selling that your buyer does not see your comments and pull out of the sale!!
I havent seen that anywhere but an ASBO is never given lightly, he will have been an absolute out of control menace over a number of months, other avenues will have been tried and this is more a wake-up call for the parent(s).
children at that age learn by copying their elders (but not necessarily betters) so it will probably have been a warning to a few others he associated with.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 6:32 am
Just Joined

morsehorse will become famous soon enoughmorsehorse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Domino
I havent seen that anywhere but an ASBO is never given lightly, he will have been an absolute out of control menace over a number of months, other avenues will have been tried and this is more a wake-up call for the parent(s).
children at that age learn by copying their elders (but not necessarily betters) so it will probably have been a warning to a few others he associated with.
Domino I agree,it is so sad,a 4 year old cannot be held accountable he was with his parents on a news programme ,they had been asked to control his beahaviour many times and did not comply.Like you say I think it was a warning to others!!
Not all kiddies are menaces but I think the word NO should be a a bit more prevalent in their upbringing!!
Jacqueline
Old Sep 9th 2011, 8:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

Don't the residents of Camposol have any views or interest in any other topics about living in Spain? I haven't noticed any of the new members contributing to a discussion other than this one.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:11 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Lynn R
Don't the residents of Camposol have any views or interest in any other topics about living in Spain? I haven't noticed any of the new members contributing to a discussion other than this one.
Good and valid point Lynn will have a looksi
Jacqueline
Old Sep 9th 2011, 9:55 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Domino I agree,it is so sad,a 4 year old cannot be held accountable he was with his parents on a news programme ,they had been asked to control his beahaviour many times and did not comply.Like you say I think it was a warning to others!!
Not all kiddies are menaces but I think the word NO should be a a bit more prevalent in their upbringing!!
Jacqueline
its when they sit there in their chintzy living room with frills everywhere and the obligatory 3-4 ducks on the back wall, fag in mouth, and say
"I tells im not to do it, but he still duz"
"Im at my wits end cos he never duz wot I tells im"
"I cant control him anymore"

Just see the fury if a poor welfare officer tries to take the child in to care.

all these kids are a meal ticket, worth the sum of their child benefit, the unemployment benefit because at 4 the mother cannot be forced back to work, the housing benefit, etc etc
quite honestly that is all a child of 4 is - a meal ticket, always being pushed out as always under the feet, sent down the chippy to get his own meals.

I have seen it many times, the "perfectly planned family", timed from 20 for the first and every one 4-5 years after to maintain ones position on the benefit structure. In one instance as the eldest was reaching 18 she was already carrying her first, living at home with mum.

are there many\any on Camposol ? - be honest ! !

sorry, rant over
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing wrong with young kids playing in a cul de sac. We used to as children, but now they can´t do anything right. When mine were little we had a green in front of our house which was ideal for children but after we had left the neighbours on the other side who were all retired complained to the Council and so a "No Ball Games" sign went up and bushes were planted to stop them.

When I worked for the Police we were always getting phone calls saying there are children playing football in my road - so! Are they doing any damage - no, so let them be.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
There is nothing wrong with young kids playing in a cul de sac. We used to as children, but now they can´t do anything right. When mine were little we had a green in front of our house which was ideal for children but after we had left the neighbours on the other side who were all retired complained to the Council and so a "No Ball Games" sign went up and bushes were planted to stop them.

When I worked for the Police we were always getting phone calls saying there are children playing football in my road - so! Are they doing any damage - no, so let them be.
Yes, same happened where I grew up in England. There were lovely green areas where all the children could run around and play football. But too many people complained so they put signs up and eventually dug up the green areas and turined them into big plant areas so no children could play on them

Sometimes it seems that people hate children in Britain. Children need to play, they need to run around, kick footballs, shout and screem. It is called life. One of the biggest reasons for being in Spain for me is that children are allowed to be children here and for that reason Spanish children are very innocent and well, happy and child-like.

It sounds like the people in Camposol wanted to turn their piece of Spain into a little England that is full of rules and anti-children
Old Sep 9th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
Yes, same happened where I grew up in England. There were lovely green areas where all the children could run around and play football. But too many people complained so they put signs up and eventually dug up the green areas and turined them into big plant areas so no children could play on them

Sometimes it seems that people hate children in Britain. Children need to play, they need to run around, kick footballs, shout and screem. It is called life. One of the biggest reasons for being in Spain for me is that children are allowed to be children here and for that reason Spanish children are very innocent and well, happy and child-like.

It sounds like the people in Camposol wanted to turn their piece of Spain into a little England that is full of rules and anti-children
After just reading the facebook page, I am so glad I don´t live in Camposol. It sounds dreadful full of moaning minnies. If you don´t want to have children around go and live in a retirement village and lock yourselves away. Or perhaps you weren´t children once. I live in the campo in Spain and during the summer all the gardens are full of kids shouting, screaming with pleasure,playing ball and laughing. That is what childhood should be about. Oh yes, I have been there and done it and am now retired and much prefer the noise of kids then my DIY neighbour and his hammer drill all day.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:12 am
Just Joined

its when they sit there in their chintzy living room with frills everywhere and the obligatory 3-4 ducks on the back wall, fag in mouth, and say
"I tells im not to do it, but he still duz"
"Im at my wits end cos he never duz wot I tells im"
"I cant control him anymore"

Just see the fury if a poor welfare officer tries to take the child in to care.

all these kids are a meal ticket, worth the sum of their child benefit, the unemployment benefit because at 4 the mother cannot be forced back to work, the housing benefit, etc etc
quite honestly that is all a child of 4 is - a meal ticket, always being pushed out as always under the feet, sent down the chippy to get his own meals.

I have seen it many times, the "perfectly planned family", timed from 20 for the first and every one 4-5 years after to maintain ones position on the benefit structure. In one instance as the eldest was reaching 18 she was already carrying her first, living at home with mum.

are there many\any on Camposol ? - be honest ! !

sorry, rant over
There are not many on Camposol to be honest, afterall there are no benefits to be had from the Spanish Government!!
The kids are generally good but sometimes perhaps not properly supervised,expats of all Nationalities have a hard time in Spain like elsewhere and jobs are very sparse on the ground and so to me they have to work that little bit harder!!
I do not want to live in a retirement urbanisation,I think all ages groups and nationalities add to the big melting pot of life.Long may it continue!!
Jacqueline
Old Sep 9th 2011, 11:38 am

There are not many on Camposol to be honest, afterall there are no benefits to be had from the Spanish Government!!
The kids are generally good but sometimes perhaps not properly supervised,expats of all Nationalities have a hard time in Spain like elsewhere and jobs are very sparse on the ground and so to me they have to work that little bit harder!!
I do not want to live in a retirement urbanisation,I think all ages groups and nationalities add to the big melting pot of life.Long may it continue!!
Jacqueline
integration cannot come about whilst people have small minds
this from 1969......

BLUE MINK Melting Pot http://www.codehot.co.uk/lyrics/abcd...meltingpot.htm

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy
Oh like a Curly Latin kinkies
Oh Lordy, Lordy, mixed with yellow Chinkees, yeah
You know you lump it all together
And you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

What we need is a great big melting pot
Big enough enough enough to take
The world and all its got And keep it stirring for a hundred years or more

And turn out coffee coloured people by the score

Rabbis and the friars
Vishnus and the gurus
We got the Beatles or the Sun God
Well it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
And be thankful little Mrs. Graceful
You know that livin' could be tasteful
We should all get together in a lovin machine
I think I'll call up the queen
It' s only fair that she knows, you know, you know

Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:01 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

integration cannot come about whilst people have small minds
this from 1969......

BLUE MINK Melting Pot http://www.codehot.co.uk/lyrics/abcd...meltingpot.htm

Take a pinch of white man
Wrap him up in black skin
Add a touch of blue blood
And a little bitty bit of red Indian boy
Oh like a Curly Latin kinkies
Oh Lordy, Lordy, mixed with yellow Chinkees, yeah
You know you lump it all together
And you got a recipe for a get along scene
Oh what a beautiful dream
If it could only come true, you know, you know

Rabbis and the friars
Vishnus and the gurus
We got the Beatles or the Sun God
Well it really doesn't matter what religion you choose
And be thankful little Mrs. Graceful
You know that livin' could be tasteful
We should all get together in a lovin machine
I think I'll call up the queen
It' s only fair that she knows, you know, you know

I love that song!!

Old Sep 9th 2011, 12:06 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman

Sometimes it seems that people hate children in Britain. Children need to play, they need to run around, kick footballs, shout and screem. It is called life. One of the biggest reasons for being in Spain for me is that children are allowed to be children here and for that reason Spanish children are very innocent and well, happy and child-like.:
Totally agree although I seem to remember that it was dear Maggie who pushed for the green spaces to be turned into housing.

Graham
Old Sep 9th 2011, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

soontobeexcamposoler is an unknown quantity at this point

Well first we are not leaving Spain as we have been here for close to 15 years now and have found a house in another area. Second our house is up for sale and the only people probably put off would be a family or people that dont mind a bit of noise. I am sure there are many in the market that would fit in lovely round here

Of course on a brighter note I was told today that after the horrendous kid bash online that some people have finally woken up and realised that the children do need something and a local childrens group that is still trying to get something together has received messages of support. It is sad the way it came about but if something positive can come out of it then that is good.

Funny thing is that a while back there were people looking to pay for translation services for all sorts of things and most of the children especially teenagers are fluent in Spanish. Fluent in 2 languages now that beats most including a dummy like me imagine what trade someone could come to for a few euros. One day these kids could be policeman protecting you or Doctors saving your life.
Old Sep 9th 2011, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by soontobeexcamposoler
Well first we are not leaving Spain as we have been here for close to 15 years now and have found a house in another area. Second our house is up for sale and the only people probably put off would be a family or people that dont mind a bit of noise. I am sure there are many in the market that would fit in lovely round here

Of course on a brighter note I was told today that after the horrendous kid bash online that some people have finally woken up and realised that the children do need something and a local childrens group that is still trying to get something together has received messages of support. It is sad the way it came about but if something positive can come out of it then that is good.

Funny thing is that a while back there were people looking to pay for translation services for all sorts of things and most of the children especially teenagers are fluent in Spanish. Fluent in 2 languages now that beats most including a dummy like me imagine what trade someone could come to for a few euros. One day these kids could be policeman protecting you or Doctors saving your life.
My husband sadly in a previous marriage found himself as a single parent with two young girls.He took them to the nursery,he took them to school,he took them to brownies,guides,gymnastics,choir,tap and ballet,swimming and so forth.He did not turn them on the streets and abdicate his responsibities as a chosen few on Camposol seem to do.They are your children,your offspring and your responsibility;step up to the plate.
When people are having a quiet meal or a drink in the commercial centre they deserve a little peace and quiet without a football whizzing past,commercial premises do not deserve to have expensive signs smashed by footballs.
One can only hope that todays youth do excel and become Doctors,Police etc but that still does not excuse anti-social behaviour in the commercial centre for the many customers who are ex police,ex medical profession,ex prison service,ex fire service and so forth who want a quiet meal and a pint in tranquil surroundings,is that too much to ask?

Last edited by morsehorse; Sep 9th 2011 at 7:22 pm. Reason: spelling

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.