Gibraltar

Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:03 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by EMR
What needs to happen is for Gib to really be part of the UK and pay UK prices then the smuggling would be from Spain into Gib and it would be the Gib police causing the delays, what a laugh that would be.
What really needs to happen is for you to go to Gib yourself before spouting any more mindless crap about a subject of which you never had the faintest clue from day 1.

Still shy to tell us why not, despite your abnormal obsession with a subject which has absolutely zilch affect on you personally.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
He obviously hasn't the faintest clue, hasn't bothered to find out for himself although he lives on the doorstep,
Somerset is not on Gib's doorstep.

Plus with size of the chips on his shoulders I doubt he could afford the extra baggage charges Easyjet would levy.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

What really needs to happen is for you to go to Gib yourself
Still shy to tell us why not, despite your abnormal obsession with a subject which has absolutely zilch affect on you personally.
Rigorous passport checks at the frontier by the Spanish I guess , something to hide?
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:11 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Strange how Fred rarely posts anything other than those from the Gib popular press , nor comments on the vested interests in Gib who are profiting while others spend hours queuing in the sun.
I wonder why ??
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:14 am
Banned

jackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond reputejackytoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
I prefer the information provided by the BBC than the Gibraltar propoganda department and its followers.
I am not surprised you prefer to listen to the BBC...the most leftist biased media organisation in the UK
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:15 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Rigorous passport checks at the frontier by the Spanish I guess , something to hide?
Obviously more to it than meets the eye for his obsession to drive him into such an abnormal state of mind.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:21 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackytoo
I am not surprised you prefer to listen to the BBC...the most leftist biased media organisation in the UK
And you are not biased and ill informed.
So next time the BBC show reports, any reports from Gib it is biased and revealing its leftist views.
Fred will not post them because they are unreliable and pro Spain etc.

Do you want to re think your last post.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:23 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
As the BBC reported in a feature this year, those who sell the cigarettes in Gibraltar to the Expats and Spanish are local shops and outlets.
Gib could solve the probelm and remove this excuse used by the Spanish by simply raising the prices to Spanish levels.
can just imagine the headlines if Gib told its shops selling cigarettes to stop selling.
smacks of a human rights problem there.

ye protesteth too much Sunny Jim and have no knowledge of what you are talking about - but ISTR this isn't the first time I and others have told you that. IIRC you haven't even left the safety of over-taxed Portugal to venture into Spain letalone actually see Gib and what a den of iniquity it really is

think you should remain in your "library" and read all you can about the world.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:27 am

Domino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond reputeDomino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
No one with any sense would use a work of fiction as a reference scource.
Simple facts. the Spanish revolt was in 1808, Wellington did not arrive in Portugal until 1811.
One of the first and largest defeats inflicted on Napoleans armies was in Spain by a Spanish arrmy long before there were any British troops in Portugal.
But those who like to rewrite History because is denigrates Spain will carry on doing so no matter what the facts are/
Jeez you are a laugh a minute - where did you get the idea I have ever denigrated Spain - you are the one who reads the fiction

I am the one who along with a couple of others have been blasted for talking up Spain. I live here, I want to see it improve - but carrying out political shenanigans with a neighbour will not improve, more likely cause problems elsewhere as many other EU countries MP's have expressed concern at Spains activitities.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Cigarette smuggling is a smoke screen

What we have today is a price differential between what cigarettes are sold at in Gibraltar and what they are bought for legally in Spain. Despite the price hike imposed by our Government that difference is seemingly still sufficient for the organised criminal gangs to send waves of people across to bring back large scale contraband.

However Gibraltar is free to charge whatever price it likes: there is nothing illegal in that. The illegality starts when the smugglers try to take the cigarettes into La Línea.

Every week day on the Spanish side of the border are men and women waiting for the cigarette traffickers to come through Customs with their booty. The National Police and Guardia Civil can see them and know who they are. It is not unusual to see groups of Spanish women standing in the door of the Customs post calling to the Guardia Civil on duty as other women with cigarettes come through. This is the Spanish cigarette trafficking trade and it is in Spain's power to stop it.

The Chief Minister was correct, if the Spanish media reports are to be believed, when he said that tobacco smuggling across the La Línea border is minor compared with the trafficking in Spain. He is 100 per cent right: it might impact on the Campo de Gibraltar but the major supply coming into Spain enters not via La Línea but Algeciras. In to that port, and others, sail ships with containers packed full of illegal cigarettes. Some are discovered by the Customs and when they are the resulting number of packs puts cigarette smuggling cross our borders into perspective. These illicit cargos are huge

Spain does have a problem at the Gibraltar border with smuggling but it is a Spanish problem and does not justify the draconian queues out and nobody has yet smuggled any cigarettes in! So Madrid's complaints to the EU about tobacco smuggling are just a smoke screen for its politically inspired actions.

I have been pounding the Gibraltar journalistic beat long enough to remember the days when the black launches landed cigarettes on the beaches of the Campo de Gibraltar. That was a Gibraltar problem and Gibraltar solved it.

http://www.panorama.gi/localnews/hea...11448&offset=0
Fred, it must be a really serious problem if the couple of hundred a single woman can carry under her skirts - to be shared amongst her mates who are doing the distracting. Even with a different woman each night in rotation I surely wouldn't be capable of causing a major fiscal problem
TBH the guy on the pedallo would have been able to carry more.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 8:18 am
EMR
Banned

Obviously you are trying to rewrite it yourself and imply that the Spanish could have dealt with Nappy.

Next you'll be telling us they won the battle of trafalgar and didn't make a total cock-up with the armada.

Now we know why you spout so much poppycock.

You rewrite your own history books to match your own imaginary preferred outcome and then read them back to yourself so many times that you actually believe them.
Domino. To be fair it was not you who I was referring to as one of Spain denigraters.
Also if you read my posts you will see that I specifically point out that Fiction is NOT a reliable scource of historical reference.
Regarding the Gibraltar dispute, the loss of tourist and other cross border revenue must be more important than cigarette sales so raising the tax, removing one of the issues that Spain uses to its advantage is an obvious diplomatic move with financial and other benefits.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 9:00 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by EMR
Also if you read my posts you will see that I specifically point out that Fiction is NOT a reliable scource of historical reference.
You really should have gone to a kosher language school if you ever hoped to be taken seriously with the fictional nonsense you post yourself.

Lots of dodgy ones around according to the latest news.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:07 am
EMR
Banned

As usual DD ypu are one pf those incapable of debate, insult yes but reasoned arguement is way beyond your intellectual capabilities.
Historical fact is not fictional nonsense unlike most of your posts.
Domino where did I suggest that Gib stops selling cigarettes, all I suggest is that the price is increased to match that in Spain.
More money for the exchequere in Gib and and the end of the " legal ???" sales to the smugglers.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 10:31 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by EMR
More money for the exchequere in Gib and and the end of the " legal ???" sales to the smugglers.
Unable to spell simple words.....yet again.
Unable to explain why you didn't visit the SOURCE of your reason for hatred and abnormal interest, in order to research the facts properly.

Yet expecting your own ridiculous, fictional version of the Gib situation and other events to be seriously considered.

Maybe time to come out of the closet and be honest about yourself just for once, before ranting any further, as your pathetic hate filled charade obviously isn't fooling anyone on here.

Which language school did you go to by the way ?

If I was you, I'd be round there sharpish looking for a refund.
Old Feb 14th 2014, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
So NO expats living in Spain who drive to Gib and after they have been to M&S and Morrisons also fill their boots with cheap fags.
Are you saying that it is only the Spanish who do this !!!
We used to go for a day out on the coach, My wife smokes so what we saved on the fags paid for the fares and it was a chance to have some decent Fish and chips.
Shame there is no Hot Fish n Chip smuggling, that would seriously put the Spanish economy in the doldrums.................
M

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.