Wikiposts

Gibraltar

Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by me me
It has occured to me that apart from you I cannot recall many posts from people who actually live in Portugal. Why Not ? are they just getting on with life ???
Portugal ? are you sure ?

Some people are only part time expats, haven't got the guts to go fulltime.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 5:51 am
Banned

me me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond reputeme me has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
They are much better behaved over there , far more polite .
Why not stay there then,
OH I forgot, the PT section is not as busy and you would not have the same audience to show how PC and tolerant you are to other races, (not white Brits) though.

They are not interested in your posts, be honest.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 6:21 am
Banned

crookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond reputecrookesey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by me me
Why not stay there then,
OH I forgot, the PT section is not as busy and you would not have the same audience to show how PC and tolerant you are to other races, (not white Brits) though.

They are not interested in your posts, be honest.
That's an awful thing to say, don't you realise that Portugal is England's oldest ally?
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:02 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crookesey
That's an awful thing to say, don't you realise that Portugal is England's oldest ally?
Old Jan 17th 2014, 7:12 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Fred does that mean you are going to stop telling us all what the UK government and the Spanish, government and the EU and any other agency you can think of should be doing to maintain your way of life.

It has occured to me that apart from you I cannot recall many posts from people who actually live in Gib. Why Not ? are they just getting on with life ???
It's probably because this is an expats' forum and, despite what you keep asserting, not many expats live in Gib.
Old Jan 17th 2014, 8:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Thatcher aide says Gib is ‘a smokescreen’ for Spain

UK historian Norman Stone made his comments at Turkey’s Bilkent University where he currently lectures,

Mr Stone also says that the people of Gibraltar have already voiced their opinion and the latest disruptions will not change their minds.

“The people of Gibraltar do not want to join Spain. Why force them to? I don’t think there is any pro-Spanish element. The Spanish administration made such a mess of it [the situation]. They have driven the people of Gibraltar mad by making life uncomfortable ... if you treat people like that for 40 years, of course they are going to hate you,” he said.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The British nuclear submarine HMS Tireless is pictured above sailing into Gibraltar yesterday morning

We expect larger Royal Navy ships to continue to visit Gibraltar in relation to operational and training activity, reflecting its utility as a permanent joint operating base,

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32530
Attached Thumbnails Gibraltar-p1201246.jpg  

Last edited by Fredbargate; Jan 20th 2014 at 8:09 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Spanish voyage in the dark posed ‘serious maritime risk’

The British Government will raise safety concerns with Spain after two Spanish state vessels sailed through British waters without navigational lights.

The absence of light contravened international collision regulations and posed a serious risk at sea, officials said.

“The vessels were a serious risk to maritime safety around the Bay of Gibraltar and jeopardised not only the safety of the Customs and Guardia Civil vessels and officers, but other vessels and seamen in the area,” one source told the Chronicle.
Old Jan 20th 2014, 8:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tourist data reveals impact of border checks

Government statistics released last week have laid bare the negative impact of Spanish customs checks on cross-border traffic and Gibraltar’s tourism sector in 2013.

The data reflected sharp double-digit drops in the number of pedestrians, vehicles and coaches crossing the border during the second half of the year.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32522
Old Jan 23rd 2014, 7:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gibraltar is permanent feature on Spanish agenda - Margallo

The Spanish Government has “not taken any step back” in relation to its Gibraltar policy “but it has taken many steps forward”, the country’s foreign minister Jose Manuel Garcia Margallo has declared.

Despite the issue having dropped profile in the news since last summer, it is an issue “permanently” on the Spanish agenda, he told Onda Cero radio yesterday.

The Foreign Minister also emphasised that many issues were still in process including a series of complaints to the European Commission ranging from Gibraltar’s 10% company tax, ‘fiscal opacity’ to ownership of property in Spain by persons or legal entities based from Gibraltar which are now subject to a “massive” investigation by the Spanish treasury, the Hacienda.

Other areas being challenged are the bunkering in the Bay, the dumping of the cement blocks on the west side and the reclamation on the eastside of the Rock. He said a prohibition on exporting materials for reclamation in Gibraltar remains in place

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32579

With reference to the company tax

Bulgaria 10%
Cyprus 10%
Ireland 12.50%
Romania 16%
Guernsey 0%
Isle of Man 0%
Old Jan 24th 2014, 8:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Building bridges with ‘Maroc to Rock’ businesses

This has got to be more viable than trying to accommodate the idiots next door.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32594
Old Jan 25th 2014, 4:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Gibraltar is permanent feature on Spanish agenda - Margallo

The Spanish Government has “not taken any step back” in relation to its Gibraltar policy “but it has taken many steps forward”, the country’s foreign minister Jose Manuel Garcia Margallo has declared.

Despite the issue having dropped profile in the news since last summer, it is an issue “permanently” on the Spanish agenda, he told Onda Cero radio yesterday.

The Foreign Minister also emphasised that many issues were still in process including a series of complaints to the European Commission ranging from Gibraltar’s 10% company tax, ‘fiscal opacity’ to ownership of property in Spain by persons or legal entities based from Gibraltar which are now subject to a “massive” investigation by the Spanish treasury, the Hacienda.

Other areas being challenged are the bunkering in the Bay, the dumping of the cement blocks on the west side and the reclamation on the eastside of the Rock. He said a prohibition on exporting materials for reclamation in Gibraltar remains in place

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32579

With reference to the company tax

Bulgaria 10%
Cyprus 10%
Ireland 12.50%
Romania 16%
Guernsey 0%
Isle of Man 0%
I have just read the following and would laugh if it wasn't so ridiculous in comparison with the above.

Companies can pay as little as 4 percent tax on their profits in Spain, despite a nominal rate of 30 percent

The Spanish government is working on sweeping reforms aimed at increasing one of the lowest tax revenues in Europe and that it plans to pass in the first half of the year.

http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/spa...132155270.html
Old Jan 25th 2014, 7:12 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Building bridges with ‘Maroc to Rock’ businesses

This has got to be more viable than trying to accommodate the idiots next door.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=32594
Old Jan 25th 2014, 8:22 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure that Fred will be the first to welcome the boatloads of economic migrants from N Africa who rush to take advantage of this new relationship.
"Better the enenmy you Know "
Old Jan 25th 2014, 9:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Number six rejects reports in the Spanish newspaper ABC, asserting that the Catalan Party ERC, together with the Gibraltar Government and other parties are preparing a series of protests in Brussels next week. Taking to twitter the Chief Minister has described the article as a lie.

http://gbc.gi/news/3109/government-rejects-abc-report

ERC y Gibraltar se alían en la UE contra España

http://kioskoymas.abc.es/noticias/es...-20140125.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.