Gibraltar

Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by Domino
it was my understanding that such things went by other means.
was this actually a provocative move by HMG to see what happened ?
Apparently this overland route has been used for many years.

However
The Spanish Government has privately told the UK that the bag was opened in error by a low-ranking officer, despite earlier public comments by Spanish Foreign Minister Jose Manuel García-Margallo dismissing the British protest.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=31848
Old Nov 27th 2013, 8:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

UK will not accept Gib exclusion from EU aviation measures

The British Government will refuse to accept a return to the pre-2006 Cordoba Agreement practice of excluding the Gibraltar airport from EU aviation measures, Minister for Europe David Lidington, said this week.

He also stressed that it was important that Gibraltar is included in all EU aviation legislation.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=31845
Old Nov 28th 2013, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
HM Customs, the Royal Gibraltar Police and the Gibraltar Defence Police have together launched a contraband-control operation which aims to combat illicit activity both overland and by sea.

The combined Law Enforcement detail involves over 30 officers from all agencies.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=31729
Customs Officers Pelted With Stones Over Frontier Fence

The GC were diverted to check Diplomatic Bags which have a higher priority to cigarettes

http://www.yourgibraltartv.com/crime...frontier-fence
Old Nov 28th 2013, 4:57 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

The British Government will refuse to accept a return to the pre-2006 Cordoba Agreement practice of excluding the Gibraltar airport from EU aviation measures, Minister for Europe David Lidington, said this week.

He also stressed that it was important that Gibraltar is included in all EU aviation legislation.

So what difference could it make if Gib were excluded from the agreement ?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 5:00 am
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I need to be careful in what I post on the topic, having already been accused of belonging to a regiment sporting a white feather on their cap. Cap? Beret? I'm not sure. I'm a blue boy.

I've still got some ties to the tax haven, I started a limited company there to avoid Spanish tax, but it didn't really work because my Spanish accountant wouldn't go along with it. That was 25 years ago.

Funnily enough, the company still exists. Times are hard for British expats at the moment and I'm thinking about going home to the UK. It crossed my mind that moving to Gibraltar would keep me in the sun, but what an awful way to live, living under siege in a tiny crowded place full of Gibraltarians I don't really like, they're about as British as the tenant renting my flat in London.

He's Portuguese.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I need to be careful in what I post on the topic, having already been accused of belonging to a regiment sporting a white feather on their cap. Cap? Beret? I'm not sure. I'm a blue boy.

I've still got some ties to the tax haven, I started a limited company there to avoid Spanish tax, but it didn't really work because my Spanish accountant wouldn't go along with it. That was 25 years ago.

Funnily enough, the company still exists. Times are hard for British expats at the moment and I'm thinking about going home to the UK. It crossed my mind that moving to Gibraltar would keep me in the sun, but what an awful way to live, living under siege in a tiny crowded place full of Gibraltarians I don't really like, they're about as British as the tenant renting my flat in London.

He's Portuguese.
I thought about it but its a shit hole, its like Braintree's council estate (Witham) in the Sun, It might have changed since some new developments, airport and marina look nice.

Main off putting thing was UK Police and if the Spanish have a hissy fit could be aggro for your work.

Id never rule it out though, Id hope after that Fred would still Welcome me
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by andyrich666
I thought about it but its a shit hole, its like Braintree's council estate (Witham) in the Sun, It might have changed since some new developments, airport and marina look nice.

Main off putting thing was UK Police and if the Spanish have a hissy fit could be aggro for your work.

Id never rule it out though, Id hope after that Fred would still Welcome me
I think we are poles apart, to me the marina is the shithole
Old Nov 28th 2013, 6:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So what difference could it make if Gib were excluded from the agreement ?
Basically you the passenger would loose a lot of your entitlements.

No compensation should the flights be delayed or cancelled and stuff like that.

I think that could be more attractive to the airlines.
Old Nov 28th 2013, 7:01 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Basically you the passenger would loose a lot of your entitlements.

No compensation should the flights be delayed or cancelled and stuff like that.

I think that could be more attractive to the airlines.
So why more attractive to the Spanish govt. ?
Old Nov 28th 2013, 8:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
So why more attractive to the Spanish govt. ?
I don't know Dick, sometimes I think they don't think their policies through

This for example

The Government was responding to comments by Spanish Environment Minister Miguel Arias Cañete, who said Spain would start legal proceedings against the UK if the European Commission failed to take action over land reclamation and artificial reefs in Gibraltar waters.

“Such an action will be an opportunity for the ECJ to determine the substance of the designation by Spain of parts of British Gibraltar territorial waters as an area of Spanish environmental control and management.”

“The ECJ has previously dismissed actions by the UK and Gibraltar on this subject at a preliminary stage for technical reasons at Spain’s behest [and] clearly because Spain has not wanted the substance of the issue objectively addressed by a fair and independent tribunal.”

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=31840

Cañete's interest is purely personal, he thinks that by causing problems for Gib over the environment he will be able to stop bunkering in Gib.
He and his family are major players in bunkering in Spain.

Last edited by Fredbargate; Nov 28th 2013 at 8:30 pm.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 3:10 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

'Gibraltar' was the tenth most searched for word online, in Spain over 2013.

https://twitter.com/GBCNewsroom/stat...03120364150785
Old Dec 1st 2013, 4:32 am
On the road again.

'Gibraltar' was the tenth most searched for word online, in Spain over 2013.

https://twitter.com/GBCNewsroom/stat...03120364150785
Probably goes to prove that Rajoy's attempts to use Gib to divert attention from the deep sh!t he is in is meeting with some degree of success.

Don't expect the aggro to end anytime soon.
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute

what was the other 9 ? Or was that the only one they could spell ?
Old Dec 1st 2013, 8:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

A bid by Spain to use a veto to have Gibraltar excluded from EU aviation measures and the air liberalisation policy was withdrawn at the last minute allowing an extension of air liberalisation measures to the Ukraine this week, it has emerged.

http://www.chronicle.gi/headlines_details.php?id=31903
Old Dec 2nd 2013, 2:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Gibraltar National Dance Team rocked Germany by being crowned World Champions at the recent World Show Dance Championships.

http://www.yourgibraltartv.com/sport...orld-champions

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.