Wikiposts

Gibraltar

Old Nov 5th 2014, 7:28 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar

Originally Posted by Fredbargate
Do you actually read what is posted on this thread?

including the links?

Because if you did you would not need to ask ridiculous questions.
your post 1955, the blue find quota for 2015 is 10 tonnes , true or not or more Gib double speak.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
If Gib banned commercial fishing why does t have a quota for blue fin tuna ??

Is this just typcal Gib double speak.
Originally Posted by EMR
your post 1955, the blue find quota for 2015 is 10 tonnes , true or not or more Gib double speak.
That quota is correct.

However it is to cover tuna caught by sports fishermen and is a new introduction starting 1/1/2015

Read post 1706 along with post 1957
Old Nov 5th 2014, 8:50 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

That quota is correct.

However it is to cover tuna caught by sports fishermen and is a new introduction starting 1/1/2015

Read post 1706 along with post 1957
It does not matter who catches them the catch is worth at least $300,000 so where does it go.
It is an endagered species and there is no reason for it to be caught and kept least of all for the fun of a few wealthy so called sports fisherman.
It would enhance the environmental credentials of Gibraltar to ban the catch in ts entirety.
Ethical sports fisherman practice catch and release .
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:36 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
It does not matter who catches them the catch is worth at least $300,000 so where does it go.
It is an endagered species and there is no reason for it to be caught and kept least of all for the fun of a few wealthy so called sports fisherman.
It would enhance the environmental credentials of Gibraltar to ban the catch in ts entirety.
Oh, so it's about your opinion of "wealthy" sport fishermen hell-bent on making more gazillions by selling their immoral catch to those greedy Japs?

All very bad stuff, indeed. Unfortunately, all speculation on your part, and having nothing to do with "double-speak" - or Gibraltar.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

I have just returned from Morissons

Originally Posted by EMR
Fred shops at Morissons who are in serious trouble due to falling sales and profits .

So the following should make Mr Negativity happy

Morrisons supermarket suffers another sales fall

BBC News - Morrisons supermarket suffers another sales fall

However back on topic the following pictures show a product more than likely caught by Spanish boats operating in the Pacific and Indian Oceans.
Attached Thumbnails Gibraltar-img_20141106_110342.jpg   Gibraltar-img_20141106_110508.jpg  
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
It does not matter who catches them
IF It is an endagered species and there is no reason for it to be caught and kept
Does that also apply to the commercial fishermen from Quateira who I witnessed hauling dolphins to the fish market?
Old Nov 5th 2014, 10:58 pm
EMR
Banned

Firstly I have never seen dolphins being sold in any PT fsh market, Portimao, Lagos etc.
But I agree commercial fishing for dolphins ( mammals ) for the far eastern fish market is equally reprehensible.
Sometimes i think Fred that you excuse any behaviour on the part of Gib because the Spanish do it.
I thought you believed in taking the moral high ground.
Gib has no reason to allow the catch of rare Atlantic Blue fin other than for commercial reasons so you cannot criticise any other nation for doing the same.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:03 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by amideislas
Oh, so it's about your opinion of "wealthy" sport fishermen hell-bent on making more gazillions by selling their immoral catch to those greedy Japs?

All very bad stuff, indeed. Unfortunately, all speculation on your part, and having nothing to do with "double-speak" - or Gibraltar.
I doubt that the Gib caught Blue fin reaches Japan but is sold locally to those with more money than sense and who care little for the environment.
As for Giib double speak, it excuses the action over the infamous rocks on the basis of an environmental benefit yet allows the catch of an endangered species for the commercial benefit of those who operate sports fishing enterprises out of Gib.

Definetly " double speak ".
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:22 pm
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Ok since the (off)topic is now about endangered species (not "double-speak");

It occurs to me that there are certain international organisations who monitor the populations and set quotas to ensure the sustainability of such species.

Now, it also occurs to me that if you have a complaint about those quotas, then you should address those who set them, not blame Gibraltar for willingly enforcing them, or use the issue to illustrate how Gibraltar is unfairly violating Spain in some way. They are unrelated and have nothing to do with each other.

I suppose you could equally rationalise that because there's a really big rock in the middle of Gibraltar, then it's in violation of the Swiss alps.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
I doubt that the Gib caught Blue fin reaches Japan but is sold locally to those with more money than sense and who care little for the environment.
As for Giib double speak, it excuses the action over the infamous rocks on the basis of an environmental benefit yet allows the catch of an endangered species for the commercial benefit of those who operate sports fishing enterprises out of Gib.

Definetly " double speak ".
To the best of my knowledge there are no Sports Fishing Enterprises based in Gibraltar ( although a few have tried it over the years ) the people I refer to are normal working class enjoying their leisure time in their or their mates own boats.

But keep posting crap about a place you have never visited and demonstrateably have little or no knowledge about.

It keeps bumpng Gib to the top of the pile and increases it's exposure.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:43 pm
EMR
Banned

To the best of my knowledge there are no Sports Fishing Enterprises based in Gibraltar ( although a few have tried it over the years ) the people I refer to are normal working class enjoying their leisure time in their or their mates own boats.

But keep posting crap about a place you have never visited and demonstrateably have little or no knowledge about.

So you accept that Gibraltar is no better than its neighbour although in this case it has the opportunity to take the high ground.

The " Gibraltar double speak on fishery protection in its waters is clear for all to see ".
There is no excuse or reason whatsoever to allow a priveledged few to catch an endangered species .
If they are true sportsman they would practice catch and release .
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:44 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I must say Fred, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Miss Gibraltar candidates.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:47 pm
Banned

Everything and everyone is wrong about everything. Even when it has nothing to do with anything. But that explains a lot about a lot of things.
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by EMR
So you accept that Gibraltar is no better than its neighbour although in this case it has the opportunity to take the high ground.

The " Gibraltar double speak on fishery protection in its waters is clear for all to see ".
There is no excuse or reason whatsoever to allow a priveledged few to catch an endangered species .
If they are true sportsman they would practice catch and release .
Old Nov 5th 2014, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by jimenato
I must say Fred, I wasn't terribly impressed with the Miss Gibraltar candidates.
Hi

When it comes to Miss World the score is still Gib 1 Spain 0

Also Portugal 0

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.