Gibraltar 2

Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Gibraltar 2

Originally Posted by EMR
Your words " Confiscated,"not mine.
Now who is twisting his own posts ?
How much did the fish sell for in Japan ?
Correct my words CONFISCATED not OVERFISHING can you see the difference, or is it that you do not want to see the difference.

Now when you provide PROOF I and maybe some others will take you seriously

Whilst you are at it your PROOF that Gibraltar is exporting fish to Japan would also be useful.

In other words I and others would like PROOF not your biased unsupported OPINION.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:29 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Clearly you are not a conservationist and care where your food comes from or believes that the UK and those who maintain they are British should behave better than and set an example to their neighbours.
Cest la vie.
No I am not a conservationist. And AFAIK, neither are you. I though you were supposed to be some sort of construction expert?

Anyway, considering your hysterical historical loathing for anything Gibraltar, I can't help but suspect the fish story is just another convenient way to poo poo on Gibraltar. Laughably, Gibraltar is, as a matter of demonstrable fact, a completely insignificant player in it all. But I suppose you're predisposed to completely dismiss the forest for the trees.

And by the way, bluefin stocks are higher now than 20 years ago, thanks to responsible management.

Get a life.

Last edited by amideislas; Oct 14th 2015 at 8:43 am.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 8:58 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas
No I am not a conservationist. And AFAIK, neither are you. I though you were supposed to be some sort of construction expert?

Anyway, considering your hysterical historical loathing for anything Gibraltar, I can't help but suspect the fish story is just another convenient way to poo poo on Gibraltar. Laughably, Gibraltar is, as a matter of demonstrable fact, a completely insignificant player in it all. But I suppose you're predisposed to completely dismiss the forest for the trees.

And by the way, bluefin stocks are higher now than 20 years ago, thanks to responsible management.

Get a life.
Your last line says it all, thanks to responsible management, a tightly controlled quota system not letting anyone who so choses to catch what they want when they want.
If that was the case stocks would not be recovering but it is still an endagered species.
Of course Gib does not believe in international agreements awarding itself a quota not once but twice.
I have no loathing for Gib that is must another of your fantasies, its the fact that both Gib and Spain behave like two 14 year olds and do not understand that we are living in the 21st century not the 18th that amuses me.
At least you admit that you are not a conservationist , which explains a lot, if you can afford it so what and wgaf about any damage you are causing.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:28 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so now it's all my fault? Which atrocity? Gibraltarian fag-smuggling, tax-evading, nuclear-dumping fishermen who are perhaps the single least significant contributor to all your imaginary Gibraltarian atrocities?

...and you're above all that 14 year old behaviour...

Piece of work.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:41 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so now it's all my fault? Which atrocity? Gibraltarian fag-smuggling, tax-evading, nuclear-dumping fishermen who are perhaps the single least significant contributor to all your imaginary Gibraltarian atrocities?

...and you're above all that 14 year old behaviour...

Piece of work.
Calm down dear, your fantasies are showing.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 9:45 am
Banned

Careful... All your "facts" posted in support of these fantasies are a matter of public record. Be thankful I'm not in the mood to go collecting them.

Anyway, I presume you're done with the fish story now?

WWF: East Atlantic and Mediterranean bluefin tuna: improving but caution still needed
No longer at risk of collapse

“We might be very close to what would be a resounding success in the history of fisheries, the dream of a sustainable bluefin tuna fishery in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Atlantic –let’s hope the lessons of the past have been fully learned and that –at least this time- history doesn’t repeat itself,” said Dr Sergi Tudela.

Last edited by amideislas; Oct 14th 2015 at 11:01 am.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

Probably a few of those Bluefins will finish up in the square at one those chippies.
Maybe worth booking a trip, I've never had Bluefin before. Probably save a few of the crinklies in the OAPs home from getting more than their share of mercury etc. Poor poor Gib, compared to Norwegian and Japanese whaling exploits it is less than a microbe on the parts of Jeremy Corbyn that never see the sun. Glad I managed to bring him to all this on Gib!!!!!
Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:50 am
Banned

WWF: East Atlantic and Mediterranean bluefin tuna: improving but caution still needed

“We might be very close to what would be a resounding success in the history of fisheries, the dream of a sustainable bluefin tuna fishery in the Eastern Mediterranean and the Atlantic –let’s hope the lessons of the past have been fully learned and that –at least this time- history doesn’t repeat itself,” said Dr Sergi Tudela.

EDIT: tried to delete this but doesn't work

Last edited by amideislas; Oct 14th 2015 at 11:04 am.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:14 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Probably a few of those Bluefins will finish up in the square at one those chippies.
Maybe worth booking a trip, I've never had Bluefin before. Probably save a few of the crinklies in the OAPs home from getting more than their share of mercury etc. Poor poor Gib, compared to Norwegian and Japanese whaling exploits it is less than a microbe on the parts of Jeremy Corbyn that never see the sun. Glad I managed to bring him to all this on Gib!!!!!
The Gibraltarians are not so daft as to serve up Blue fin and chips ,with individual fish worth thousands of dollars work it out for yourself.
If you have never eaten it then good for you .
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:17 am
EMR
Banned

EDIT: tried to delete this but doesn't work
Yet again proves my point conservation only works when quotas are strictly controlled and countries do not act as Gib did and award itself one ,sorry two .
Not having the best of days are you.

Last edited by EMR; Oct 14th 2015 at 11:21 am.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:25 am
Banned

Erm, Gibraltar is so insignificant in this debate (as are Gibraltar's quotas), that your point is moot. Again, why is Gibraltar always guilty of everything that everyone else is responsible for?

C'mon... This isn't about fish. It's about Gibraltar. And all its imaginary atrocities.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:46 am
EMR
Banned

Erm, Gibraltar is so insignificant in this debate (as are Gibraltar's quotas), that your point is moot. Again, why is Gibraltar always guilty of everything that everyone else is responsible for?

C'mon... This isn't about fish. It's about Gibraltar. And all its imaginary atrocities.
Still in fantasy land I see, if there are internationally agreed quotas and agreement a species can only recover if every country keeps to them and are not ignored, Gib is a prime example of this, just like the Japanese and Icelanders with their whale fishing.
But then you admit that you are not a conservationist and thus the case for quotas, size limits etc is wasted on you.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
if there are internationally agreed quotas and agreement a species can only recover if every country keeps to them
Then why do you think Gibraltar awarded itself a quota?
Old Oct 14th 2015, 11:55 am
Banned

Well, it's been proven and put to rest over and over again. Gibraltar's quotas are a mere fraction of a fraction of virtually all others. Yet Gibraltar is somehow the most guilty?

Hell, Gibraltar's harvest is so insignificant, it's never mentioned in any debate (except yours), and it's almost impossible to find much information about how much of their miniscule quota that's actually harvested (unlike virtually all others, who fully harvest their quotas in record time). And as demonstrated, Gibraltar strictly enforces those conservation policies, unlike a few others...

Flogging a dead fish.
Old Oct 14th 2015, 12:19 pm
EMR
Banned

Well, it's been proven and put to rest over and over again. Gibraltar's quotas are a mere fraction of a fraction of virtually all others. Yet Gibraltar is somehow the most guilty?

Hell, Gibraltar's harvest is so insignificant, it's never mentioned in any debate (except yours), and it's almost impossible to find much information about how much of their miniscule quota that's actually harvested (unlike virtually all others, who fully harvest their quotas in record time). And as demonstrated, Gibraltar strictly enforces those conservation policies, unlike a few others...

Flogging a dead fish.
So as far as you are concerned international agreement and quotas can be ignored if you are Gibraltar.
No wonder Gib will never win the argument with Spain when it behaves exactly the same.
Gib has obviously never heard of adopting the moral high ground .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.