Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Future King Charles in Spain

The Future King Charles in Spain

Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:00 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Future King Charles in Spain

Originally Posted by bil
The problem with all of these much vaunted qualifications, is how do you verify them?

I remember Harry's art A level. The smell on that was that he had been helped along massively by his tutor. If you ask me, she deserved the qualification more than he did.

I used to like Chazza more, then one day I watched him come out of a factory he had been visiting. Taking off his protective gloves he simply dropped them to the ground, but his manservant caught them before they hit the ground.

That tells me a number of things. The manservant has obviously had a lot of practice. C hadn't the grace to hand them to the guy, which says that the manservant merited no consideration.

I also remember once someone saying that ' A gentleman treats his servants as gentlemen'.

Says it all, really.
Yeh, that says it all.
Agree very much with your penultimate remark also.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 12:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

What about the story that Charles has 7 boiled eggs cooked for his breakfast every morning, as he can't bear to eat one that might be a fraction too soft or too hard - the poor love. For someone who is always banging on about sustainability, that's a tad wasteful, don't you think?

If you believe the conspiracy theorists, it's a pity the dark forces didn't have him bumped off instead of Diana - then the throne could have passed directly to William. Just think how popular that would have made the monarchy, a good looking young prince raised by a widowed mother!
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:04 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I read today that a genetic fault has been discovered in the Royal line and that they are now grooming Beatrice to be the next Queen.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 4:06 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I read today that a genetic fault has been discovered in the Royal line and that they are now grooming Beatrice to be the next Queen.
Queen Bea......
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 8:04 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lynn R
What about the story that Charles has 7 boiled eggs cooked for his breakfast every morning, as he can't bear to eat one that might be a fraction too soft or too hard - the poor love. For someone who is always banging on about sustainability, that's a tad wasteful, don't you think?

If you believe the conspiracy theorists, it's a pity the dark forces didn't have him bumped off instead of Diana - then the throne could have passed directly to William. Just think how popular that would have made the monarchy, a good looking young prince raised by a widowed mother!
I'd have made the bogger eat all of seven of his eggs.

With a bit luck it might bung him up at both ends and block his emmisions of harmful gases and hot air that he's so concerned about.

Regarding your second para,I quite agree.
We could then all have looked at the Royal family in a much better light, a much brighter one that is.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 9:18 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I'd have made the bogger eat all of seven of his eggs.

With a bit luck it might bung him up at both ends and block his emmisions of harmful gases and hot air that he's so concerned about.

Regarding your second para,I quite agree.
We could then all have looked at the Royal family in a much better light, a much brighter one that is.
Diana did an awful lot of really good, admirable work, but she died because she was a stupid cow, who lacked the brains to wear a seat belt.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:01 am
On the road again.

Originally Posted by bil
Diana did an awful lot of really good, admirable work, but she died because she was a stupid cow, who lacked the brains to wear a seat belt.
True, I believe Diana did it because she believed strongly in it, not because she was advised that it was good P.R. to restore a badly tarnished reputation.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:34 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
... and she banged like a barnyard door...
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:44 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
... and she banged like a barnyard door...
Yeah, good for her. Sauce for the goose, given what Chazza was like. Hewitt, eh? I'd raise a glass to him should the Royal Mystery Ginger ever inherit the throne.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 10:46 am
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
True, I believe Diana did it because she believed strongly in it, not because she was advised that it was good P.R. to restore a badly tarnished reputation.
Who knows? Be nice to think that that was the reason, but whatever the spark, I do think she was sincere. Either that or she faked it really well. Even there, much good came of it, so who cares?
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:06 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

I heard that a popular newspaper got hold of Charles, Harry’s and Hewitt’s toothbrushes and sent them off for DNA tests. They didn’t bother to print the result because it was negative and remains a mystery.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:22 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by HBG
I heard that a popular newspaper got hold of Charles, Harry’s and Hewitt’s toothbrushes and sent them off for DNA tests. They didn’t bother to print the result because it was negative and remains a mystery.
I seem to remember it was illegal to do that without full consent? I've not actually heard any reference to such a story.
Old Apr 2nd 2011, 6:26 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I seem to remember it was illegal to do that without full consent? I've not actually heard any reference to such a story.
I believe it was the servant who sqeezed the toothpaste ont Charlies toothbrush........and one day Camilla said to Charles, "have you seen the letter opener?"

Charles replied, "Its his day orf"...........
Old Apr 8th 2011, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
If you seriously believe that they are dishing out flying licences like sweeties to undeserving pilots, that they are prepared to let unqualified people fly fighter jets just because they are Royalty, you're in another world! I looked at DD's link, but I also read the military report, and that goes a long way to explaining exactly what happened. Much more technical, much less dramatic.
I remember Charles landed downwind (one of the biggest no no`s when flying)on some scotish island , he was questioned by the co pilot but ignored him out of arrogance ,hence he went off the end of the runway and busted the landing gear

Rotor, Pilot and Royalist.