Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Future King Charles in Spain

The Future King Charles in Spain

Old Apr 1st 2011, 5:50 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Future King Charles in Spain

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
To say he was out of touch would be something of an understatement until shortly after Di's funeral.
His total disregard for others opinions, his arrogance and uncaring nature in many respects apart than his shambolic relationship with Diana, stood out like a sore thumb for all to see.
Has the leopard changed it's spots ?
I very much doubt it.
What happened was the beginning of a massive P.R. campaign which is still continuing today, in an effort to restore his sad reputation.
All these do gooder campaigns are carefully organised on his behalf, whilst all he has to do is nod his head,flick his fingers or say a few fine words which have all been carefully prepared for him, and even at doing that he is absolutely hopeless, despite having had most of his life with little else to do but practice.

I don't know why you bother, I'm not going to bite. Isn't this the definition of a troll? I'll go and check the rules.....
Old Apr 1st 2011, 6:54 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

To say he was out of touch would be something of an understatement until shortly after Di's funeral.
His total disregard for others opinions, his arrogance and uncaring nature in many respects apart than his shambolic relationship with Diana, stood out like a sore thumb for all to see.
Has the leopard changed it's spots ?
I very much doubt it.
What happened was the beginning of a massive P.R. campaign which is still continuing today, in an effort to restore his sad reputation.
All these do gooder campaigns are carefully organised on his behalf, whilst all he has to do is nod his head,flick his fingers or say a few fine words which have all been carefully prepared for him, and even at doing that he is absolutely hopeless, despite having had most of his life with little else to do but practice.
Has he managed to learn how to put toothpaste on his toothbrush yet, or manage to dress himself.
Even these PR guys cannot do the impossible.

Graham
Old Apr 1st 2011, 7:16 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Has he managed to learn how to put toothpaste on his toothbrush yet, or manage to dress himself.
Graham
Not sure, but he can do the following, can you? I doubt there are many sufficiently good and qualified enough to fly such a range of fixed wing and rotary aircraft. The toothpaste should be a breeze after that lot.

Charles also qualified as a helicopter pilot at RNAS Yeovilton in 1974, just prior to joining 845 Naval Air Squadron, operating from HMS Hermes, and on 9 February 1976, the Prince took command of the coastal minehunter HMS Bronington for his last nine months in the navy. In total, Prince Charles has qualified to fly a Chipmunk basic pilot trainer, a Harrier T Mk.4 V/STOL fighter, a BAC Jet Provost jet pilot trainer, a Nimrod maritime patrol aircraft, a F-4 Phantom II fighter jet, an Avro Vulcan jet bomber, and a Spitfire classic WWII fighter.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 7:19 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Bless him.
Seriously though, I am not knocking his abilities but the whole outdated system really annoys me. I am not a Di worshipper but I am afraid that the way Charles and the rest of them treated her was to put it mildly a disgrace, but then that is what the monarchy is about, to use.

Graham

Last edited by Rosemary; Apr 1st 2011 at 7:54 am.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Bless him.
Seriously though, I am not knocking his abilities
Graham
Well, if you suggest he's incapable of putting toothpaste on a brush, I think you are. True, the man is a complete berk, but like his sons, has done his time in the military, he's well qualified. Can't say I like the man, but I'd prefer him to Di any day of the week.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 8:23 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
Not sure, but he can do the following, can you? I doubt there are many sufficiently good and qualified enough to fly such a range of fixed wing and rotary aircraft. The toothpaste should be a breeze after that lot.
Not so sure, remember this ?

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/...crash-1.670513

He tried to land his Ma's B.A.146 nosewheel first, can you believe, and ended up deep in a Scottish bog.

Damned lucky he didn't kill all onboard.

Suffice to say he had his wings clipped, as far as his Mothers flying machines are concerned anyway.

Could also mention his arrogance and downright stupidity in going off piste, resulting in the death of one of his pals, also since carefully papered over.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 9:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Haven't looked at the link, as I know what it is, and was expecting it. To err is human, he's just like one of us! He won't be the first pilot to make a mistake, just that any cock up he makes will be plastered all over the press. IIRC, he wasn't the captain of the aircraft, although he was at the controls. However, to qualify to fly the vast range of aircraft he has would indicate to me he was more than capable of applying some toothpaste on a brush.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 9:53 am

Well, if you suggest he's incapable of putting toothpaste on a brush, I think you are. True, the man is a complete berk, but like his sons, has done his time in the military, he's well qualified. Can't say I like the man, but I'd prefer him to Di any day of the week.
Sorry, I forget how old I am. Many years ago presumably in an effort to bolster the flagging monarchy the royal family organised a documentary, unfortunately it backfired rather spectacularly when the reporter was told that Charles had a butler who squeezed his toothpaste out each day and then helped him get dressed. Instead of endearing him to the public it made him the butt of many a comedian´s joke.
As to Di, couldn´t give a toss about her either but the way he treated her says more about him than any PR man.
I will always be a republican but I respect others points of view so I better shut up now.

Graham.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:01 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't looked at the link, as I know what it is, and was expecting it. To err is human, he's just like one of us! He won't be the first pilot to make a mistake, just that any cock up he makes will be plastered all over the press. IIRC, he wasn't the captain of the aircraft, although he was at the controls. However, to qualify to fly the vast range of aircraft he has would indicate to me he was more than capable of applying some toothpaste on a brush.
Maybe you should look. To try landing what is in fact a commercial type airliner nosewheel first, has got to be dumb by any stretch of the imagination.
As you mentioned he wasn't the captain, so naturally the rest of the crew carried the can for him, for being dumb enough to even allow him to try landing it, but how on earth could they say no to such an arrogant next in line to the throne p...k, who would most likely insist on trying to impress them with just how good a pilot he himself thought he was ?
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:06 am
On the road again.

Sorry, I forget how old I am. Many years ago presumably in an effort to bolster the flagging monarchy the royal family organised a documentary, unfortunately it backfired rather spectacularly when the reporter was told that Charles had a butler who squeezed his toothpaste out each day and then helped him get dressed. Instead of endearing him to the public it made him the butt of many a comedian´s joke.
As to Di, couldn´t give a toss about her either but the way he treated her says more about him than any PR man.
I will always be a republican but I respect others points of view so I better shut up now.

Graham.
Just curious, but what age was he when he was still having his toothpaste squeezed out of the tube and getting dressed by the butler ?
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:12 am

Just curious, but what age was he when he was still having his toothpaste squeezed out of the tube and getting dressed by the butler ?
Can´t remember, I think it was in the seventies.

Graham
Old Apr 1st 2011, 10:26 am
Forum Regular

raddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant futureraddickle has a brilliant future

Point of Order. It is probable that Charles will not be King Charles III but more likely King George VII, his favoured title, which will be decreed by the Accession Council when he becomes king.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 11:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I cant see a problem with that

It is no worse than paying someone to clean your toilets, or to labour all day in the hot sun to provide you with vegetables for 2 dollars a day

As long as his butler is well paid and respected than fair play.

I actually like Charles, he has some good opinions on the environment and sustainable farming. I'd rather there were no such thing as a Royal Family though for their sake and ours. Although if we'd have to elect a politician to be head of state instead then that could be even worse
Old Apr 1st 2011, 11:32 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with all of these much vaunted qualifications, is how do you verify them?

I remember Harry's art A level. The smell on that was that he had been helped along massively by his tutor. If you ask me, she deserved the qualification more than he did.

I used to like Chazza more, then one day I watched him come out of a factory he had been visiting. Taking off his protective gloves he simply dropped them to the ground, but his manservant caught them before they hit the ground.

That tells me a number of things. The manservant has obviously had a lot of practice. C hadn't the grace to hand them to the guy, which says that the manservant merited no consideration.

I also remember once someone saying that ' A gentleman treats his servants as gentlemen'.

Says it all, really.
Old Apr 1st 2011, 11:53 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bil
The problem with all of these much vaunted qualifications, is how do you verify them?
If you seriously believe that they are dishing out flying licences like sweeties to undeserving pilots, that they are prepared to let unqualified people fly fighter jets just because they are Royalty, you're in another world!
I looked at DD's link, but I also read the military report, and that goes a long way to explaining exactly what happened. Much more technical, much less dramatic.

Last edited by agoreira; Apr 1st 2011 at 11:59 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.