Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The Future King Charles in Spain

The Future King Charles in Spain

Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:32 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Future King Charles in Spain

Originally Posted by JLFS
Does it really matter woh the monarch is, they have no real power anyway, and the other dignitaries and such will still be fawning to them no matter who it is who wear the crown, and gets to sit on the throne.
Yes, it does matter when you see a pillock like that parading on Spanish TV News, as the next in line King of your country.

In fact it's downright embarrassing.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 1:59 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Does it really matter woh the monarch is, they have no real power anyway, and the other dignitaries and such will still be fawning to them no matter who it is who wear the crown, and gets to sit on the throne.
The monarch has an immense amount of power but for "democracy´s" sake chooses not to use it.
I read not too long ago that the reigning monarch has the power to declare war, make peace,; to give up or take over territory. Recognise foreign states and conclude treaties. The monarch can summon parliament or dissolve it.
Now that is what I call power.

Graham
Old Mar 31st 2011, 2:05 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

People need something to believe in in life, whether it’s a tree-hugging monarch, a madman in a brown shroud, a dead man in a cave in Afghanistan, or Manchester United football club.

Logic doesn’t come into it, you can’t go through life believing in nothing – and Prince Charles is better than nothing.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:00 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
People need something to believe in in life, whether it’s a tree-hugging monarch, a madman in a brown shroud, a dead man in a cave in Afghanistan, or Manchester United football club.

Logic doesn’t come into it, you can’t go through life believing in nothing – and Prince Charles is better than nothing.
In that case I prefer nothing.
He has about as much charisma and character as a dead sheep.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:03 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Yes, it does matter when you see a pillock like that parading on Spanish TV News, as the next in line King of your country.

In fact it's downright embarrassing.
One man embarassing pillock, is another mans hero, so how can it matter.

You could say the same about everbody, it turns out that even -ghandi was not what he seemed...........

I
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:17 pm
On the road again.

One man embarassing pillock, is another mans hero, so how can it matter.

You could say the same about everbody, it turns out that even -ghandi was not what he seemed...........

I
It matters cos he's an important representative of my country and in the public eye worldwide.
It matters cos every time I'm watching the news with my Spanish neighbours and this cringeworthy character raises it's ugly head, I feel like hiding mine in embarrasment.
Can we not do an exchange deal for King Carlos of Spain, if we promise to come flocking back to the Costas to spend all our dosh ?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

It matters cos every time I'm watching the news with my Spanish neighbours and this cringeworthy character raises it's ugly head, I feel like hiding mine in embarrasment.
You're in good company, many Spanish feel that way about Letizia, the future Queen, after her "alleged" sex, drugs, and abortion revelations. They're all at it!
http://www.diariofemenino.com/actual...drogas-aborto/
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:24 pm
On the road again.

Originally Posted by agoreira
You're in good company, many Spanish feel that way about Letizia, the future Queen, after her "alleged" sex, drugs, and abortion revelations. They're all at it!
http://www.diariofemenino.com/actual...drogas-aborto/
Well if Charlie got involved in something like that, at least we could begin to think he actually belonged to the human race after all.

Maybe if we exchanged him for Berlusconi, it would at least provide us with a bit of light hearted entertainment and a good laugh once in a while, instead of constantly having to endure his and 'ers miserable boats, looking worse than two miles of bad road.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 4:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by agoreira
When I think of someone from a privileged background, I somehow think of perhaps an envious lifestyle, but I could think of nobody I'd least want to be than a Royal, it must be an absolutely horrendous life. Unfortunately, they are born into it, they have no choice, not like you or I, we can choose to do with our lives whatever we fancy. As for marrying into the Royal Family, she must be mad!
Yeah, they have their problems, I don't disagree with that.

I just dislike the concept of monarchy. How would the people on this board take it if someone announced that their family was better than all of ours, and as such, they should sit on their arse and we should pay all their bills?

What are the royals if not the ultimate scroungers off the State?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 5:34 pm
Banned

betris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond reputebetris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

I just dislike the concept of monarchy. How would the people on this board take it if someone announced that their family was better than all of ours, and as such, they should sit on their arse and we should pay all their bills?

bill they only got that idia when they came to liverpool on a state visit
Old Mar 31st 2011, 5:43 pm

anonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond reputeanonimouse has a reputation beyond repute

In that case I prefer nothing.
He has about as much charisma and character as a dead sheep.
Perhaps You have to look at who he talks with to know why,.....Flowers
Old Mar 31st 2011, 6:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

I love it when people say that Charles is out of touch.... I don't see too many critics of him or any politicians running a charitable foundation to help underprivileged and forgotten kids. Still, don't let that get in the way of a decent judgmental Spain forum session eh?
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:05 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil

I always shudder when I hear a criticism of our monarchy from someone who doesn’t suggest an alternative. There are alternatives, of course there are, and most of them are much worse than the House of Hanover currently looking after the plebs.

We need someone in charge to sort out the chaos that would otherwise ensue. I suppose the anarchists would disagree, those clowns that smashed up Fortnum and Mason. They fly their black and red flags and haven’t got a fxxxxng clue what to do if they won.

In case anyone is wondering, communism didn’t work; they killed the Czar and his family and got Stalin, it cost millions of lives. Germany had a crack with that funny man with the moustache and millions more lost their lives.

Let all those people criticising Prince Charles get on their knees and apologise. The man is harmless, he just wants to grow his carrots in peace.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

agoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond reputeagoreira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
I love it when people say that Charles is out of touch.... I don't see too many critics of him or any politicians running a charitable foundation to help underprivileged and forgotten kids. Still, don't let that get in the way of a decent judgmental Spain forum session eh?
I'm no Royalist, personally I wouldn't go down the back garden to see any of them, but many do, and we have that scrounger Phil the Greek, at 89 years old, still having around 350 engagements a year, I don't know too many people at that age doing the work he does. Queenie, also in her 80's doesn't do too bad either. When we retire we can put our feet up, not them kiddies. Being born into the Royal Family is for me akin to being given a poison chalice, they're welcome to it. As I say, no Royalist, but won't lose any sleep over paying my 62p (or whatever it is) towards them either.
Old Mar 31st 2011, 7:14 pm
Banned

JLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond reputeJLFS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HBG
I always shudder when I hear a criticism of our monarchy from someone who doesn’t suggest an alternative. There are alternatives, of course there are, and most of them are much worse than the House of Hanover currently looking after the plebs.

We need someone in charge to sort out the chaos that would otherwise ensue. I suppose the anarchists would disagree, those clowns that smashed up Fortnum and Mason. They fly their black and red flags and haven’t got a fxxxxng clue what to do if they won.

In case anyone is wondering, communism didn’t work; they killed the Czar and his family and got Stalin, it cost millions of lives. Germany had a crack with that funny man with the moustache and millions more lost their lives.

Let all those people criticising Prince Charles get on their knees and apologise. The man is harmless, he just wants to grow his carrots in peace.
I tend to agree with you, H.

as mentioned before his Prince of Wales trust, does some good, with the problems that youngsters are facing, he seems harmless, a deep thinker, and basically a caring man which is very unusual coming from someone with such welath.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.