F1 thread.

Old Jun 17th 2007, 11:45 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
We shall see, Alonso will not be happy about this situation, it will only make him more pissed, and when he gets pissed he makes mistakes, cant wait for the first corner move!!
you are english (well british anyway),,,speak english not american

you mean pissed off!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 12:29 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
you are english (well british anyway),,,speak english not american

you mean pissed off!
Listen 'ere you!!

Less of the lectures!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 4:10 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Listen 'ere you!!

Less of the lectures!!
I'm just in that sort of mood today
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:16 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Alonso is not going to be happy!!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:35 pm
Straw Man.

The little sod has done it again, and he had to fight a bit more this time.

But oh Christ will Alonso be pissed OFF!
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:03 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

The little sod has done it again, and he had to fight a bit more this time.

But oh Christ will Alonso be pissed OFF!
Verrry quiet at the press conference ...... Looked well unhappy though! If hes not careful he will soon be driver no 2
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:05 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Verrry quiet at the press conference ...... Looked well unhappy though! If hes not careful he will soon be driver no 2
Cant wait for the Spanish paper interviews!!

Keep me posted wont ya mate?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 7:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

maryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond reputemaryann has a reputation beyond repute

I think Hamilton is being very sensible, no TV shows, staying close to the family and keeping focused on getting this championship in the bag, we made the children fall asleep in front of the GP cos we did not want to do bath bottle bed and miss it!
x x
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:48 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by maryann
I think Hamilton is being very sensible, no TV shows, staying close to the family and keeping focused on getting this championship in the bag, we made the children fall asleep in front of the GP cos we did not want to do bath bottle bed and miss it!
x x
Have to ask, ans no I don't know the answer but suspect Damon Hill, who was the last Brit driver to win two in sucession. Incidentally, is Jensen Button still around, or has his button been pushed to the OFF position, he was the great Brit hope last year.. this year they never seem to even mention him, apart from when he retires from the race.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 6:53 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Have to ask, ans no I don't know the answer but suspect Damon Hill, who was the last Brit driver to win two in sucession. Incidentally, is Jensen Button still around, or has his button been pushed to the OFF position, he was the great Brit hope last year.. this year they never seem to even mention him, apart from when he retires from the race.
Button is still there, and don't write him off, he made a serious career cock up by not going to BMW and has an utterly shite car at Honda, but if he can get a decent drive he will be back.

Incidentally Damon Hill lives a couple of miles from here, and is quite often seen at a local pub to here.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:28 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Cant wait for the Spanish paper interviews!!

Keep me posted wont ya mate?
Papers quiet really, Matt. Just rehashing the post-race press conference.

So you won our bet then :curse:

Here's what I don't get - Alonso said the race was decided on the first corner and as Hamilton got there first, he knew the race was lost. Yet that is totally at odds with the race I saw. It seemed to me that Alonso was always going to get there second as he immediately went in behind Hamilton to protect him from any challenge from the Ferarris. It seemed that the team were going to rely on strategy in the pit-lanes to decide the outcome.

Alonso's first stop gave him less fuel so he had the edge for the mid-section yet the two teammates were then racing each other - why would the team allow that?? Both could have gone off. Maybe that's what should happen to bring this thing to a head.

I feel Alonso's grudge is NOT with Hamilton but with the team itself. Why would a team have two competing strategies? If I was Alonso I'd be saying "look, if you want us to race each other, let me go to another team and that's exactly what we'll do. But if we're a team then let's act like one and stop competing against each other."

It could all end in tears for McLaren, especially given the strength of Ferrari yesterday and the BMWs and Renault showed they are getting into their stride a bit
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:37 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Papers quiet really, Matt. Just rehashing the post-race press conference.

So you won our bet then :curse:

Here's what I don't get - Alonso said the race was decided on the first corner and as Hamilton got there first, he knew the race was lost. Yet that is totally at odds with the race I saw. It seemed to me that Alonso was always going to get there second as he immediately went in behind Hamilton to protect him from any challenge from the Ferarris. It seemed that the team were going to rely on strategy in the pit-lanes to decide the outcome.

Alonso's first stop gave him less fuel so he had the edge for the mid-section yet the two teammates were then racing each other - why would the team allow that?? Both could have gone off. Maybe that's what should happen to bring this thing to a head.

I feel Alonso's grudge is NOT with Hamilton but with the team itself. Why would a team have two competing strategies? If I was Alonso I'd be saying "look, if you want us to race each other, let me go to another team and that's exactly what we'll do. But if we're a team then let's act like one and stop competing against each other."

It could all end in tears for McLaren, especially given the strength of Ferrari yesterday and the BMWs and Renault showed they are getting into their stride a bit

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Ferrari fan, always have been, probably always will be, so I have no love for either driver aside from the fact that its nice to see a Brit doing well, his age doesn't really impress me that much, its impressive per say, but Alonso is just 25, 3 years older and a WC already.

That said, I think that the decision to call Alonso off, at this stage of the season is ridiculous!! Fair enough with a couple of races and very few points in it I totally understand, but now??!!

Alonso will turn himself inside out to prove he is driver #1! That will cause a few problems, he can be ragged when pushed, and wont take any prisoners. I hate team rules at the best of times, and for me Alonso was the better driver on the day, he was so far off, in my opinion, because he was told Lewis had the race, HAD THE RACE! What happened to racing to the end eh??

On another note, I seriously hope that the Friggin Finn keeps driving as crap as he is, that way we can get a decent driver.
Old Jun 18th 2007, 7:56 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Dont get me wrong, I'm a Ferrari fan, always have been, probably always will be, so I have no love for either driver aside from the fact that its nice to see a Brit doing well, his age doesn't really impress me that much, its impressive per say, but Alonso is just 25, 3 years older and a WC already.

That said, I think that the decision to call Alonso off, at this stage of the season is ridiculous!! Fair enough with a couple of races and very few points in it I totally understand, but now??!!

Alonso will turn himself inside out to prove he is driver #1! That will cause a few problems, he can be ragged when pushed, and wont take any prisoners. I hate team rules at the best of times, and for me Alonso was the better driver on the day, he was so far off, in my opinion, because he was told Lewis had the race, HAD THE RACE! What happened to racing to the end eh??

On another note, I seriously hope that the Friggin Finn keeps driving as crap as he is, that way we can get a decent driver.
I'm with you on that one - completely overrated in my book.

No, I don't think Alonso should change teams but the team needs to clarify some issues otherwise their two principals could cancel each other out. Going into a turn, wheel-to-wheel almost, is fine when you're competing against another team, but if you're both on the same team the danger is that you'll both go off and the team gets nothing from the race.

BTW, nn the race yesterday, Alonso had the better of the both pit-stops as his total pit time was over a second quicker on both occasions. It was clear to me at least that they thought that was where they were going to take the race
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:25 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Button is still there, and don't write him off, he made a serious career cock up by not going to BMW and has an utterly shite car at Honda, but if he can get a decent drive he will be back.
He didn't even get a few yards at the last race did he ..... gearbox failure

I didn't see the race yesterday as I got pulled away to town, but from what I heard and read the commentators were saying that Hamilton drove a perfect race again and that Alonso was making all the mistakes trying to keep up with him. Is that not true then?
Old Jun 18th 2007, 8:30 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
He didn't even get a few yards at the last race did he ..... gearbox failure

I didn't see the race yesterday as I got pulled away to town, but from what I heard and read the commentators were saying that Hamilton drove a perfect race again and that Alonso was making all the mistakes trying to keep up with him. Is that not true then?
I personally don't think it is mate, yeah Lewis drove well, he won the race, but for me Alonso drove a better race, he was climbing all over the back of Lewis (I cant believe I'm defending the Twat!)

Alonso could have taken Lewis I felt, and if he had there is no way he would have let him back through, but thats the game I suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.