F1 thread.

Old Jun 11th 2007, 12:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
after 4 safety cars, LH has won his first GP at 22, and after just 6 GP's.

Pretty spectacular for me to be honest, now I'm off out on the bike with the dog.
And he led from start to finish, was only ever headed by the safety car.
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:36 pm

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know it should be in the Locker room, but it will just get swamped by twats and I know at least one other person is interested in it on here.

Canadian about to start in a bit, and Hamilton is on Pole, 22 years old and he is spectacular.
You are too right, I've started a couple of F1 threads in the past and they die quickly..

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Spectacular is an exaggeration for someone yet to owin a race and has only gained his first pole yesterday. I agree - he is an extremely promising talent. But I hate the English media. Alonso has been the only person in a decade to properly challenge Schumacher. To see how good a driver is, look at where his second driver is - the true strength of the car is with the weaker driver. Schumi suffered this when Ferrari were behind the pace but still he was consistently finishing four or five places above his team-mate. Alonso with Fisichella at Renault was the same - if the cars are so great then why was Fisi unable to keep up? The sign of a good, masterful driver. Alonso is the best in F1 at the moment and Hamilton has a lot to learn. If he loses just a bit of the arrogance, he might just learn something from Fernan.

Another duped by the English Press - Jackie Stewart, David Coulthard and the FIA have all agreed that McLaren did the correct thing. Nothing but sour grapes aout desperately wanting something Englsih to shout about. Why not cheer for the most talented????
Fortaleza I like you more each day.. and don't listen to Matt, he is a Schumi fan, surely that explains a lot ...
Old Jun 11th 2007, 9:45 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anabella
You are too right, I've started a couple of F1 threads in the past and they die quickly..

Fortaleza I like you more each day.. and don't listen to Matt, he is a Schumi fan, surely that explains a lot ...
I am poking my tongue out at you as we speak you lovely Spanish lady!!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 4:23 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

I am poking my tongue out at you as we speak you lovely Spanish lady!!
Another tongue poker like Ray ...
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:28 am
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Another tongue poker like Ray ...
I will never use a smilie!!!!!
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:31 am

I will never use a smilie!!!!!

It's good to have principles
Old Jun 12th 2007, 6:32 am
Straw Man.

It's good to have principles
even if they are very weak ones!!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 7:35 am
Straw Man.

Oooo, get him the sore loser!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/6744297.stm
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:40 pm

I think he'll end up winning it... and the biggest moaner in F1 has been Raikkonen for some years... miserable bugger...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:44 pm
Straw Man.

I think he'll end up winning it... and the biggest moaner in F1 has been Raikkonen for some years... miserable bugger...
Couldn't agree more, ever see him just before the race when MB walks up and down the grid?

He refuses to talk to anyone, says it puts him off his thoughts.

Maybe Mr Moodypants needs to lighten up and he may just finish a race above 10th!!

Oh and as much as it pains me to say but I think yer right about Alonso, don't think anyone can come close to him this year, he just needs to stamp his authority on Lewis and he has it.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 1:54 pm

Couldn't agree more, ever see him just before the race when MB walks up and down the grid?

He refuses to talk to anyone, says it puts him off his thoughts.

Maybe Mr Moodypants needs to lighten up and he may just finish a race above 10th!!

Oh and as much as it pains me to say but I think yer right about Alonso, don't think anyone can come close to him this year, he just needs to stamp his authority on Lewis and he has it.

It isn't like you to agree so much with me regarding F1!

And I can't help but admiring Hamilton and what he is doing in his debut year in F1, it's just incredible.. but then again he was extremely lucky (and talented, of course) to end up in a top team in his first season as a F1 driver...
Old Jun 13th 2007, 2:01 pm
Straw Man.

It isn't like you to agree so much with me regarding F1!

And I can't help but admiring Hamilton and what he is doing in his debut year in F1, it's just incredible.. but then again he was extremely lucky (and talented, of course) to end up in a top team in his first season as a F1 driver...
Well we agreed to disagree about Schumi, and since I respect you too much to get all huffy about you not adoring him as a god, its all good.

I just don't think that anyone is in a position to challenge Alonso (Lewis aside) I have a suspicion that Massa, another brilliant driver as far as I'm concerned, is playing second fiddle to Grumpy Bollocks.

If Massa is allowed to do what we all know he can do then I think we will have a season on our hands, otherwise its gonna be a dull one again.
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

F1 is usually "dull"
Apart from LH's pretty faultless drive where was the excitement? When the safety car came out or the pit stops.
Its far too processional (is there such a word) in my opinion.
They will be bringing the safety car out to bunch the field up soon and whats this moving over to let the faster drivers through.
Whatever happened to negotiating backmarkers being a skill.
LH the best thing since sliced bread? A good driver in a very good team thats all. Greatness needs to be earned.

Hang on, I'm ducking already!
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:14 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by BriscasBetterHalf
F1 is usually "dull"
Apart from LH's pretty faultless drive where was the excitement? When the safety car came out or the pit stops.
Its far too processional (is there such a word) in my opinion.
They will be bringing the safety car out to bunch the field up soon and whats this moving over to let the faster drivers through.
Whatever happened to negotiating backmarkers being a skill.
LH the best thing since sliced bread? A good driver in a very good team thats all. Greatness needs to be earned.

Hang on, I'm ducking already!
You didn't think that the race on Sunday was exciting?
Old Jun 13th 2007, 9:23 pm
Forum Regular

BriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant futureBriscasBetterHalf has a brilliant future

You didn't think that the race on Sunday was exciting?
Yes but what made it exciting?
Not an anywhere near level playing field as far as cars are concerned!
Safety cars and pit stops made it exciting (and its always exciting when a brits in front)
No safety cars = procession
How far do cars usually win by? 20 seconds, 30 seconds? Not exactly exciting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.