F1 thread.

Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:02 pm
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: F1 thread.

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Ego? Hamilton? Alonso has the biggest ego going.

No, I just sat on my sofa and watched Alonso say that he would back off because he recognised that Lewis did the same for him.

Why the aggression? Do you have an issue with Lewis aside from the fact that he is 22 and good?
What bugs you about him eh?

Mr Rugbymatt, there is no aggression here to you. It's just I'm fed up with the English press bias in his favour, hailing him the greatest thing since sliced bread.,....when he has yet to win a race. Who knows, maybe in an hour and a half, he'll have done that. Remember that Alonso was the same age as well.

When Shcumacher was clearly the most talented driver in F1 by a country mile, I didn't refuse to recognise his talent becasue he wasn't English, or because he was not a nice man or whatever..... He was simply the best of his era and I have to admire that. Alonso is currently the best of this era, and Hamilton has to do a hell of a lot to change that

BTW a differing opinion is not a personal attack
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:05 pm
Forum Regular

julie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant futurejulie22 has a brilliant future

Yeah I know it should be in the Locker room, but it will just get swamped by twats and I know at least one other person is interested in it on here.

Canadian about to start in a bit, and Hamilton is on Pole, 22 years old and he is spectacular.
Hubby also watching it - he wants Alonso to win (whats wrong with these Spaniards all wanting Alonso to win!!).

Have had him a bet, if Hamilton wins he has to do all the cooking and cleaning for the next week, he is so confident he has agreed. Looks like Im going to have a nice easy week!!.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:06 pm

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

The circumstance is that he was faster than his peers, thats it.

He is not the first driver to have a pushy family member
You post too fast for me!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway - looks like your boy got the better of the two-times champion here.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:38 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Very odd safety car situation!!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 5:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

Very odd safety car situation!!
whose car got squished....the adverts are on here
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:08 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lynnxa
whose car got squished....the adverts are on here
Sutil, but it wasn't really a crash.........................then Kubica decided to try and kill himself!!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:39 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Think the safetly car will have done almost as many laps as the race cars..
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:41 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

hasn't he won yet?
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:47 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

2 laps to go

last lap..............................
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by lynnxa
hasn't he won yet?
Yes, but the Safety car driver came a close second!!!!!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:48 pm
Straw Man.

after 4 safety cars, LH has won his first GP at 22, and after just 6 GP's.

Pretty spectacular for me to be honest, now I'm off out on the bike with the dog.
Old Jun 10th 2007, 6:49 pm
¿Dónde estoy?

Sutil, but it wasn't really a crash.........................then Kubica decided to try and kill himself!!
broke his leg
Old Jun 10th 2007, 8:01 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
Mr Rugbymatt, there is no aggression here to you. It's just I'm fed up with the English press bias in his favour, hailing him the greatest thing since sliced bread.,....when he has yet to win a race. Who knows, maybe in an hour and a half, he'll have done that. Remember that Alonso was the same age as well.

When Shcumacher was clearly the most talented driver in F1 by a country mile, I didn't refuse to recognise his talent becasue he wasn't English, or because he was not a nice man or whatever..... He was simply the best of his era and I have to admire that. Alonso is currently the best of this era, and Hamilton has to do a hell of a lot to change that

Well that was in interesting race
And seems Mr Hamilton has done the business Fortaleza

By the way, it wasn't just the British press that were building him up, it s the drivers, the teams and of course the excellent Mr Schumaker who has already predicted he will be a world champion.

Today Hamilton shone ... and again Alonso made mistakes and looked the inferior driver, even to the point of risking taking them both out on the first bend!
Old Jun 10th 2007, 9:10 pm

crispy will become famous soon enoughcrispy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by julie22
Hubby also watching it - he wants Alonso to win (whats wrong with these Spaniards all wanting Alonso to win!!).

Have had him a bet, if Hamilton wins he has to do all the cooking and cleaning for the next week, he is so confident he has agreed. Looks like Im going to have a nice easy week!!.

congrats Julie, I take it you have next week off.........enjoy the moment
Old Jun 11th 2007, 7:23 am
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by Fortaleza

Dont worry mate I didn't think it was a personal attack on me, I just couldn't understand why you were so against him. .I don't take away the talent of any of the drivers, the "job" they do is really quite an amazing one, and their fitness levels are matched only by astronauts, and they do it week on week with very few mistakes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.