Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Mar 25th 2007, 5:53 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

As a result of the response on the thread I posted entitled "How long to sell UK property! (answers in writing please)!!"
It has become blatently obvious that our estate Agents are not earning their commision! One of the common themes running through all the responses was that they get us to sign, send us a few initial viewings and then to all intent and purposes, disappear off the face of the earth leaving us with our clean houses which no one will see but ourselves.
I hope you will join in with me, as I am making a solid commitment to start pestering my estata agent twicw a week asking why always possible to send viewers initially for the first 6-8 weeks then NOTHING. :curse: It would be realy great if all of you who are trying to sell their house through an agent would join in this commitment with me so that we can collectively compare notes and statistics and whether this course of action does actually increase the amount of viewings thereby increasing our opportunities to sell our properties and aceive our ultimate goal. SPAIN! First thing in the morning, I'm on the phone to the agents. Good luck all, and keep us posted!
Old Mar 25th 2007, 6:57 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by chrisw
As a result of the response on the thread I posted entitled "How long to sell UK property! (answers in writing please)!!"
It has become blatently obvious that our estate Agents are not earning their commision! One of the common themes running through all the responses was that they get us to sign, send us a few initial viewings and then to all intent and purposes, disappear off the face of the earth leaving us with our clean houses which no one will see but ourselves.
I hope you will join in with me, as I am making a solid commitment to start pestering my estata agent twicw a week asking why always possible to send viewers initially for the first 6-8 weeks then NOTHING. :curse: It would be realy great if all of you who are trying to sell their house through an agent would join in this commitment with me so that we can collectively compare notes and statistics and whether this course of action does actually increase the amount of viewings thereby increasing our opportunities to sell our properties and aceive our ultimate goal. SPAIN! First thing in the morning, I'm on the phone to the agents. Good luck all, and keep us posted!

We call in to ours at least twice a week and STAY for at least 20 minutes They should be sick of the sight of us by now. Unfortunately their inability to shift our house is going to be their downfall because we are changing agents tomorrow. Will tell them tomorrow afternoon.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:11 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

totally agree with you . Agents dont do absolutely anything you couldnt do for yourself !! Thats why i never used them for my place . Most people now look on the internet so the days of needing them to have a picture in there windows are gone..

You can place your own ad in the paper you can get listed on the internet FREE or even if you say spend a £ 100 you can get on ..

Some of these web sites even sell you a FOR Sale board if you want it so where do they earn there collosal fees ?? My experience of a agent was to walk in and guess what it will sell for take some measurements and then there after you do all the viewings and stuff .

People have rang me evenings asking about the property a Agent is closed at 5 pm so what use is that ? People also have to ring a agent for a agent to ring you to see when they can view ?
Cut out the middle man not needed

Keep the pressure on for sure !!! make them work for a change
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:18 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Dont no were you live,but why not sell at auction,10% deposit down on day of auction balance in 28 days,no sale keep deposit.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:50 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

This is not a problem that is just related to england spain hare in france they are lazy bars@@@ards and on average they get 10 per which is paid by the poor sod that buys the house who has just walked off the sreet or something in france i know this is the spain forum but i am making a comparison there are a lot more private sales through the paper why give 20 thousands euros to some spotty nosed idiot that cant even tie his shoe laces. lets string them up with the solicitors and politicians ie gordon brown
Old Mar 25th 2007, 8:57 pm
Banned

Douglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really niceDouglas jack is just really nice

Originally Posted by visualbyte
This is not a problem that is just related to england spain hare in france they are lazy bars@@@ards and on average they get 10 per which is paid by the poor sod that buys the house who has just walked off the sreet or something in france i know this is the spain forum but i am making a comparison there are a lot more private sales through the paper why give 20 thousands euros to some spotty nosed idiot that cant even tie his shoe laces. lets string them up with the solicitors and politicians ie gordon brown
Yes yes yes,revolution,and I agree totally.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:00 pm
Banned

Sorry for got to say,some are to thick to do it themselves,aint got an ounce of proper grey matter.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by Douglas jack
Yes yes yes,revolution,and I agree totally.
maybe we could be the generation that provides the largest REVOLUTION europe wide. up with the revolution.

anyway im off to bed i will fight it from there

someboby report in in the morning with progress reports as i have appointed myself commander and bring a cup off coffee little milk two sugars ta

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Mar 25th 2007 at 9:03 pm.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:18 pm
Banned

maybe we could be the generation that provides the largest REVOLUTION europe wide. up with the revolution.

anyway im off to bed i will fight it from there

someboby report in in the morning with progress reports as i have appointed myself commander and bring a cup off coffee little milk two sugars ta
Nite,Nite.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 7:59 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Hi all!
Looks like the revolutuion might have to wait a few days! Dont' know what you did after you appointed youself !commander of the revolution" visualbye, but it seems to have worked!
There was I this morning preparing my " you need to get your finger out and get me some viewings" speech, when the phone rang. It was our estate agent. I was like a coiled spring ready to attack! The agent said "would it be alright to arrange a viewing for today?" Would it!!!! That took the wind out of my sale! Appointment made, viewers been and gone and now have to wait until the morning to speak to agent again to see if any luck. I think the people who came are only here for a few days, and have other places to view as well, so we will see!
But I will be chasing the agent relentlesly in future as have been pretty passive in that respect so far. Will keep you all posted!
And visualbyte, that thing you did last night, do it again will you?? Lol!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:03 pm

Hi all!
Looks like the revolutuion might have to wait a few days! Dont' know what you did after you appointed youself !commander of the revolution" visualbye, but it seems to have worked!
There was I this morning preparing my " you need to get your finger out and get me some viewings" speech, when the phone rang. It was our estate agent. I was like a coiled spring ready to attack! The agent said "would it be alright to arrange a viewing for today?" Would it!!!! That took the wind out of my sale! Appointment made, viewers been and gone and now have to wait until the morning to speak to agent again to see if any luck. I think the people who came are only here for a few days, and have other places to view as well, so we will see!
But I will be chasing the agent relentlesly in future as have been pretty passive in that respect so far. Will keep you all posted!
And visualbyte, that thing you did last night, do it again will you?? Lol!
Well as it happens im off to bed again but im holding them off i can only hold the revolution back for so long so onther coffee a little milk and two sugars.

And a nicz French Maid. mmm good.
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:06 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

We have changed agents today. The ones we are now using charge .75% whereas the ones we were using charged 1.5% - so quite a saving (if they sell) One of the agents said, no problem, sorry we couldn't sell it for you, you don't need to give any notice. The other said, two weeks notice in writing, then phoned just as we got home to say they had a viewing for us - a week on Sunday not only that but - would we show them round ourselves as they don't work Sundays Laugh! I nearly wet myself
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by Lionda
We have changed agents today. The ones we are now using charge .75% whereas the ones we were using charged 1.5% - so quite a saving (if they sell) One of the agents said, no problem, sorry we couldn't sell it for you, you don't need to give any notice. The other said, two weeks notice in writing, then phoned just as we got home to say they had a viewing for us - a week on Sunday not only that but - would we show them round ourselves as they don't work Sundays Laugh! I nearly wet myself
Lucky its only 0,75 here it 10:curse: but the buyer payes it
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:16 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by Lionda
Hi Lionda! Who has a viewing for you Sunday week, the old or the new agent?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:17 pm
Popping in for a chat

Hi Lionda! Who has a viewing for you Sunday week, the old or the new agent?
The old agent You have to laugh don't you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.