Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

" Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:18 pm
has got a huge member

keithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond reputekeithwalters has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by chrisw
Hi Lionda! Who has a viewing for you Sunday week, the old or the new agent?
So I wonder when the UK estate agents are going to cotton on to the fact that their european counterparts are charging up to ten times the amount of commission that they are, and adjust accordingly!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:27 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by Lionda
The old agent You have to laugh don't you
NOW they find you a viewing? Hmph! Tell them to refer their client to your new agents! What a cheek! Just as a matter of interest, what did you tell them?
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:44 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

NOW they find you a viewing? Hmph! Tell them to refer their client to your new agents! What a cheek! Just as a matter of interest, what did you tell them?
Told them as they hadn't managed to find a buyer in 3 months then we were going elsewhere. They said they had been taking people round (this is the flat we are selling) and had just had a phone call asking for details and would ring them back to arrange a viewing. Ring them back they should have arranged a viewing when they phoned for details Rubbish!!! The other agents haven't had anyone round to view our house for almost 4 weeks so they didn't have a leg to stand on when we said we were changing agents. They are nice - but nice doesn't sell
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:50 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

chrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond reputechrisw has a reputation beyond repute

Told them as they hadn't managed to find a buyer in 3 months then we were going elsewhere. They said they had been taking people round (this is the flat we are selling) and had just had a phone call asking for details and would ring them back to arrange a viewing. Ring them back they should have arranged a viewing when they phoned for details Rubbish!!! The other agents haven't had anyone round to view our house for almost 4 weeks so they didn't have a leg to stand on when we said we were changing agents. They are nice - but nice doesn't sell
Nicely put Lionda, but I think it's US the sellers who are too nice! You go girl!!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 8:54 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Thumbs up Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by keithwalters
So I wonder when the UK estate agents are going to cotton on to the fact that their european counterparts are charging up to ten times the amount of commission that they are, and adjust accordingly!
I wish they would try! They would put themselves out of business within 3 months. We Brits do tend to put up with most things, but I can't see anyone in the UK paying 10%. It's too horrible a thought to contemplate!
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:19 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly right Lionda

Nice is not gonna pay the bills is it , i mean can hardly pop into Tescos and say how much is that ohh heres some nice

And Nice isnt going to pay for that Barbecue set in Spain is it now ?
Can hardly get to Spain and say "Howio muchio barbeyo ? Doieu takeo Niceo ?" no chance so well done girl
Old Mar 26th 2007, 9:22 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Exactly right Lionda

Nice is not gonna pay the bills is it , i mean can hardly pop into Tescos and say how much is that ohh heres some nice

And Nice isnt going to pay for that Barbecue set in Spain is it now ?
Can hardly get to Spain and say "Howio muchio barbeyo ? Doieu takeo Niceo ?" no chance so well done girl
Lol!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 5:47 am
ex-squaddie

derbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond reputederbyflan has a reputation beyond repute

I see your command of the Spanish language is coming on nicely there Pete You're almost fluent mate
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:29 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Hi all!
Just a quick update. Called our agent re yesterday's viewing, doesn't sound like the were interested. I called agent from work and they had called me at home already to advise, but I weren't there, 'cause I were at work! Asked if they had any more viewings lined up they said no. Que sorpresa! I said I would call them on Thursday. They said they would call me if any interest, said I would call them Thursday, and will now call them a couple of times a week to see what progress they are making. Phase one complete, now reverted back to usual status quo, WAITING! Better luck to everyone else!!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:38 pm
Banned

Big Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond reputeBig Pete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derbyflan
I see your command of the Spanish language is coming on nicely there Pete You're almost fluent mate
yep i am a natural quick learner ,
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:41 pm
Banned

Hi all!
Just a quick update. Called our agent re yesterday's viewing, doesn't sound like the were interested. I called agent from work and they had called me at home already to advise, but I weren't there, 'cause I were at work! Asked if they had any more viewings lined up they said no. Que sorpresa! I said I would call them on Thursday. They said they would call me if any interest, said I would call them Thursday, and will now call them a couple of times a week to see what progress they are making. Phase one complete, now reverted back to usual status quo, WAITING! Better luck to everyone else!!
Oh shame chris , mind you suns been out and its bank holiday in hmmmmm a week i think , then things move as people ,get the itch to move
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:47 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all!
Those old sayings 'patience is a virtue' and 'it will come right in the end' spring to mind.
But how in hells name can you maintain your patience when you are strung along and keep on being lifted ever so slightly only to be knocked down again.
As for it coming right in the end why can't it be right at the beginning.
You plan a huge change in your lives and want it to happen immediately and does it, no you have to wait and wait and wait.

Maybe, just maybe this is your rehearsal for the Spanish 'mañana' and when you make it here you will be so used to waiting that you will be able to say 'si, mañana es perfecto' and really mean it.

I really feel for you being boosted up and then dropped down again but I am also a bit of a fatalist and believe that it will happen 'when the time is right' even if you think that that time is a long time in coming.

Keep smiling and you will have something to smile about soon. Everything crossed for you.

Rosemary
Old Mar 27th 2007, 10:51 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Originally Posted by Big Pete
Oh shame chris , mind you suns been out and its bank holiday in hmmmmm a week i think , then things move as people ,get the itch to move
Thanks for that Big Pete! Let's hope they don't all want to spend Easter on the beach!
Old Mar 27th 2007, 11:02 pm
Livin' in Spain at last!

Talking Re: " Estate agents, campaign to make them work! "

Originally Posted by The Oddities
Those old sayings 'patience is a virtue' and 'it will come right in the end' spring to mind.
But how in hells name can you maintain your patience when you are strung along and keep on being lifted ever so slightly only to be knocked down again.
As for it coming right in the end why can't it be right at the beginning.
You plan a huge change in your lives and want it to happen immediately and does it, no you have to wait and wait and wait.

Maybe, just maybe this is your rehearsal for the Spanish 'mañana' and when you make it here you will be so used to waiting that you will be able to say 'si, mañana es perfecto' and really mean it.

I really feel for you being boosted up and then dropped down again but I am also a bit of a fatalist and believe that it will happen 'when the time is right' even if you think that that time is a long time in coming.

Keep smiling and you will have something to smile about soon. Everything crossed for you.

Rosemary

Hi Rosemary! It is certainly a waiting game, that's for sure! With all this bouncing I'm doing, I'm thinking of changing my name to "rubber ball", no sorry should get into the correct frame of things "pelota"!

And as for "manana" I am ready, trust me I'm ready! If they ask me if manana is ok I shall spit in the eye of adversity and say NO, no manana, para mi la semana que viene es mucho mejor! That should throw them!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

brisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond reputebrisca has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya Chris!

Really sorry to hear that the latest viewing doesn't seem to have come to anything
I've been thinking about you loads (and sending you good karma) since I read that a viewing was on the cards.......looks like I'm going to have to try harder on the karma front!

Have only been "dipping" into the site over the past couple of days, but plan to get back to my "addicted" self after the weekend!

Am keeping everything crossed for you (but it does mean that typing takes longer!!)

Hugs from,
Sam xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.